Player you loved watching the most?

2 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Dembele might be the best shout yet.

Every teammate also seems to rave about him and say he was levels above everyone in training. Feel like he never had the output in terms of numbers which is why he never got a massive move. 

Aye if he never played in an era when everyone was so stat’s obsessed he’d have been much higher rated. 

The Brazil Ronaldo was the first non Rangers player I remember being obsessed with as a wee guy

Ronaldhino after that

Henry , Drogba , Robben , Ronaldo and for his period with Liverpool Torres were the players that grabbed my attention from the premiership through the 2000s at one time or another 

Nowadays I think de bruyne is a class act and great to watch when he's in full flow but Modric on that real Madrid Champions league winning run the same year we got to Seville was sensational. Pulled them out of many a hole when it looked like they were down and out 

The proper Ronaldo. Scarely good after career ending injuries, actual phenomenon before them. 

Zidane, Riquelme, Scholes, Pirlo. Midfield maestros were always class to watch, especially when they made the game look extremely simple.

As a former left back I used to love Roberto Carlos. His tree trunk legs firing him up and down that left hand side then taking 30-40 yard free kicks that would do absolutely nothing 90% of the time and end up with a screamer the other few times 😂 I think it was that free kick against France in that mini tournament that got me hooked.

B Laudrup, Ronaldo and Ronaldhino were the others. I feel quite lucky thinking of the players that were around when I was a young lad.

Also, I know it's a bit tongue in cheek but I have to agree with the guys saying Delap and Le Tissier. With Delap's throw-ins you were seeing something that genuinely nobody else could do. And Le Tissier would always pull something out of the bag that had you saying, "holy shit!".

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Players that I loved watching, well I was too young to say Pele, but prob deserves a mention.

Hoddle, both Laudrups, Waddle , Mark Walters, J Barnes, Del Piero, Ronaldhino, R9 + R7, Romario, Ginola, Messi ...honestly could go on and name a lot more 'flare' players, could say watching the whole of the Brazil teams from the 70s, 80s and 90s when they played with a bit of samba style

players that get arses out of seats basically 

two players that top my list for the reason both these players I believe  were magicians with a ball, they got called magicians because they were doing things with a ball that no one had ever seen before on the big stage. Our very own Davie Cooper, needs no explaining on this site tbh,

the other player that probably edges it to the top of my list is Diego Maradona. 

The buzz, the electricy that a  crowd generates when these players pick the ball up is the reason I love football, the anticipation of knowing this player was going to do something when he got the ball, and then just left me with my jaw firmly on the floor, thinking how the fuck?  not wtf? Because they've just dribbled past 4 players and back heeled through the keepers legs

the true entertainer's of the game imo obvs

On 28/04/2024 at 20:45, HuistraHairDo said:

Players that I loved watching, well I was too young to say Pele, but prob deserves a mention.

Hoddle, both Laudrups, Waddle , Mark Walters, J Barnes, Del Piero, Ronaldhino, R9 + R7, Romario, Ginola, Messi ...honestly could go on and name a lot more 'flare' players, could say watching the whole of the Brazil teams from the 70s, 80s and 90s when they played with a bit of samba style

players that get arses out of seats basically 

two players that top my list for the reason both these players I believe  were magicians with a ball, they got called magicians because they were doing things with a ball that no one had ever seen before on the big stage. Our very own Davie Cooper, needs no explaining on this site tbh,

the other player that probably edges it to the top of my list is Diego Maradona. 

The buzz, the electricy that a  crowd generates when these players pick the ball up is the reason I love football, the anticipation of knowing this player was going to do something when he got the ball, and then just left me with my jaw firmly on the floor, thinking how the fuck?  not wtf? Because they've just dribbled past 4 players and back heeled through the keepers legs

the true entertainer's of the game imo obvs

I’m old enough to just remember the 70 World Cup. That team with Pele was unreal to watch.