18 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Would pay £7m for him if we have the funds

If Koppen has around double what we have usually been spending in a summer then I'd agree. Sadly it looks very unlikely Bennett and Co will ever authorise that kind of spending while they are in control.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

If we signed him for a reasonable amount I wouldn't complain. Would be a decent squad player.

Miles better than any squad options we currently have. He walks in over Wright, McCausland and Matondo. I appreciate that Matondo usually plays LW, but still.

44 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

If Koppen has around double what we have usually been spending in a summer then I'd agree. Sadly it looks very unlikely Bennett and Co will ever authorise that kind of spending while they are in control.

We spent £6m on a player last summer.

53 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

At £7 million could you get everything Sima’s great at plus able to control and pass a ball?

Not getting into whether or not we should sign him because it’s a pointless hypothetical debate that I have no interest in.

However, we could do better than a 22yr old, international, with 11 goals and 2 assists in 24 games!

You sure?

1 hour ago, Assegai said:

Do you think it's premature to call him "injury prone" or to worry about that being the case? I haven't looked at his record away from here.

He was out for most of the season when he went to Stoke too

If he's out long term again now then I would say it's maybe becoming a worry

59 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

We spent £6m on a player last summer.

We did. Which was almost half of our total spend. We need alot of players this summer and already have £3.5m called for. If the budget is big then Sima is a no-brainer.

I’m a fan of spending big on players you’ve had on loan before and are confident of their ability. Even if it’s a slight premium. 

Spending 5-6 million guys like Tillman and Sima is higher odds of success than gambling similar funds on Dessers, Danilo, Lammers, Davies.

If we have about 15 million a year to spend on transfers And you get 3 young starting quality players for it. 

Then you’ve built a young quality team in 3 years with plenty of sell on value. And you supplement that with a bit of experience, youth, loans and tactical free/cheap transfers.

Rather than spending the same money on 7 gambles and 3 work out. Especially if they’re an older profile and you can’t move them on easily. You end up with a bloated squad of average players with no sell on value

43 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

He would be on 20 plus goals right now if he didn't get injured.

Let's hope we can make a deal happen.

Would also like to try Cortez on the right if we extend his loan.

From the little we got to see of Cortes I think he looked better than Sima 

Wonder if we might try to loan Cortes again next year, but with a purchase clause if he manages to play a certain amount of games. I liked what I saw of him, but would be reluctant to pay based on that small amount of games he played. Another loan, but with a more concrete option to buy might suit Lens but still protects us if he ends up injured again.

3 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Really liked what I seen of him mate 

He didn’t seem to have an obvious weak point to his game from what we managed to see of him. Direct, wasn’t afraid to take a shot and seemed to be able to control the ball well under pressure 

Shame he got injured because he was probably as excited as I’ve been by a new wide player for us in years 

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

He was out for most of the season when he went to Stoke too

If he's out long term again now then I would say it's maybe becoming a worry

Wouldn’t be comfortable at all spending anywhere close to 7 million on a player with that injury record 

Both Cortes and Sima next season would be brilliant and probably sort out our wings in a way they haven't gotten close to being sorted out since we came back up.

Not only are they both good players in their own right but completely different to each other a good combo to have. Sima the direct, powerful goalscorer and Cortes the tricky creator, but who also has a goal in him. 

Shame it would cost about £11m in total. Wonder if there's any chance we can do loans for both again.