2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Both Cortes and Sima next season would be brilliant and probably sort out our wings in a way they haven't gotten close to being sorted out since we came back up.

Not only are they both good players in their own right but completely different to each other a good combo to have. Sima the direct, powerful goalscorer and Cortes the tricky creator, but who also has a goal in him. 

Shame it would cost about £11m in total. Wonder if there's any chance we can do loans for both again. 

Sima is out of contract next summer and suspect Lens would want Cortes out the door permanently.

6 hours ago, Assegai said:

Do you think it's premature to call him "injury prone" or to worry about that being the case? I haven't looked at his record away from here.

Not sure about calling him injury prone but his injury record is a bit of a worry if were to spend a huge amount of money on him. 

Screenshot_20240423_181526_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0e93680c8c7f39552109aa45879649fc.jpg

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

You should just stop watching football

I actually want to see some football not over paid rejects who can't pass, tackle beat a man or score simple goals.

Our issue as a support is we are actually starting to accept not good enough 

I want to win every game more so against tarriers and start mounting up leagues followed by cups

Right now it a few of each here and there.

The injury record does worry me. 

Missing 65 games in 4 years is over 15 games a season he’s out for. At a young age that could get worse as he gets older. 

Id still sign him, but I wouldn’t be spending £5million plus if that’s what Brighton want. 

Can’t see Clement signing him. Don’t think he fits with the way he wants to play.

Edit. I don’t think he fits the profile of being fit and resilient. Think he wants a squad of guys that can go and play at an intensity week in week out and not get injured or burnt out at the end of the season.

Don’t think his ability or stats are in doubt he would improve us 

44 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Can’t see Clement signing him. Don’t think he fits with the way he wants to play

You are aware that Clement has started him at almost every opportunity with the exceptions being 2 games off the l bench when he was returning to fitness after a long term injury? 

3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

You are aware that Clement has started him at almost every opportunity with the exceptions being 2 games off the l bench when he was returning to fitness after a long term injury? 

He's also the hardest working attacker we've got which obviously suits us pressing and he's physical which suits us being able to go going direct which he obviously likes as well. 

Question is, will any other team sign him for £7m on the back of an injury laden season at Stoke, fine season in France, and a good half and injury laden season here? If he's out of contract next year and we can get Brighton to go down to £5m or something it would be a great signing

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Question is, will any other team sign him for £7m on the back of an injury laden season at Stoke, fine season in France, and a good half and injury laden season here? If he's out of contract next year and we can get Brighton to go down to £5m or something it would be a great signing

£7m to a Championship team is what £2/3m would be to us tbh.  I think if we don’t sign him he’ll find another club without a doubt.

ALL speed merchants have spells out injured, They are like tightly wound sport cars, one little thing goes wrong and the whole thing is fucked.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't have these types of player, especially on the wings

I like Sima, he's a good age and he delivers numbers that we've been missing for years

8 minutes ago, Broxi said:

I'd say 4 would do it if not I wouldn't go for him