How good was Papac

I’m not saying he’s not rated - he obviously is with the cult hero status that he still receives whenever his name is mentioned.

I just think that he might be underestimated given the level he was playing at, his trophy haul, international experience (39 caps for some very decent Bosnian teams with Dzeko et al), and the standard of consistency he displayed across all competitions including the Champions League.

Anyway, I’m a bit cunted and this entire post has come from 2:05 in this clip :lol:

10 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Underestimated by whom?

Papac was solid. Week in, week out. 215 games in 6 seasons. Reliable. Dependable.

My point is basically was he better than ‘solid’.

How does he rank with our best left backs? I’m not saying he was the best I’m just wondering how highly he’s valued.

Defensively he was superb. Going forward he'd basically just shite himself when he got in the opponent's half (he had 20 goal contributions in over 200 games for us). Worked perfectly in that Rangers team though, we had other players to contribute the goals and assists. 

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Defensively he was superb. Going forward he'd basically just shite himself when he got in the opponent's half (he had 20 goal contributions in over 200 games for us). Worked perfectly in that Rangers team though, we had other players to contribute the goals and assists. 

Was just about to post pretty much this, he was an excellent player in that team. Dependable and rock solid defensively. Was never the best player in the team but also I can’t remember ever thinking we should be looking to sign better despite his limitations going forward 

Walter moved him to left back from centre half which was a master stroke but there’s no way he’d get to play as a full back in the modern Rangers team against the 10 man defences we see most weeks 

If he wasn't left footed he'd have probably been sold when Walter came back. A dodgy first followed by 5 consistently great seasons. Seems to be in-between a cult hero and under-appreciated but he was just a solid pro who once moved to LB, never let us down

Signed as a CB and it didn’t really work - Moved to LB and made the position his own 

Solid week in week out

Enjoys a good status within the support based on the success he was part of and the 2008 run to Manchester.

Nowhere near the best LB we have ever had but a dependable option during his time with us

2 minutes ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Signed as a CB and it didn’t really work - Moved to LB and made the position his own 

Solid week in week out

Enjoys a good status within the support based on the success he was part of and the 2008 run to Manchester.

Nowhere near the best LB we have ever had but a dependable option during his time with us

Numan best iv seen pitty missed almost a year with injury then retired too early.

But sensational