Tav's time is up.

17 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Yeh agreed. 

I’d still start him next season but we need to sign someone to compete as he has to be managed better. Cantwell and Sterling get brought off with 25 minutes to go whilst Tav is asked to go another 100 minutes in a games that was clearly won.

Can we not bring tav on in latter stages of games then, even managing him better he's fucking howling in the first few mins every single game now, its like it takes him ten mins to waken up, by then his confidence shot to shit

11 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Really poor again for the goal.

I thought Butland should maybe have come for it aswell?

On replay it looks more of a mistake from Butland but you can’t forgive ushering a ball into the net the way Tav did

Bogging

His negative performances far outweigh his positive one's and its been like that for years, today just adds to that.

Still ending up top goalscorer and assists is just a damning stat of our current situation.

If the manager is serious about winning things here then the cord needs to be cut this summer.

50 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Still ending up top goalscorer and assists is just a damning stat of our current situation.

Its not really, he takes all penalties and what, about 80% minimum of set pieces

If tav played attacking mid absolutely no one would bat an eyelid at him having the same stats taking all pens and most set pieces

1 minute ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Its not really, he takes all penalties and what, about 80% minimum of set pieces

If tav played attacking mid absolutely no one would bat an eyelid at him having the same stats taking all pens and most set pieces

He's not an attacking midfield or wimger. We could play him as no9 so he can still take the penalties and throw ins?

17 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Don’t know why Tav starts games so poorly. Surely that wouldn’t be a difficult thing he should be able to rectify !?

It's very easy to rectify. Put him on the bench and play Sterling instead. 

Must be one of the only players I can recall who can miss a penalty, but still takes the next one without any contest or decision taken to give another player the chance to become regular penalty taker

To be fair for the OG it looks like Kennedy mis-kicks the ball left foot onto his right foot catching Tav out. The only break I will give him, his performances have been shocking; poor defending, missing penalties and terrible crossing, etc

7 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

To be fair for the OG it looks like Kennedy mis-kicks the ball left foot onto his right foot catching Tav out. The only break I will give him, his performances have been shocking; poor defending, missing penalties and terrible crossing, etc

The big issue is how he regresses into a shell when something goes wrong, he doesn't stand up, take it on the chin and plow through it, you can literally see him shrinking on the pitch 

Which then in turn makes him shit scared to try anything incase it doesn't work, 

Once again at the business end of the season the jekyll and hyde tav appears, gone are the strong run and 30 yard top bin worldies away to county, now its just sheer fear of making a mistake 

2 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

The big issue is how he regresses into a shell when something goes wrong, he doesn't stand up, take it on the chin and plow through it, you can literally see him shrinking on the pitch 

Which then in turn makes him shit scared to try anything incase it doesn't work, 

Once again at the business end of the season the jekyll and hyde tav appears, gone are the strong run and 30 yard top bin worldies away to county, now its just sheer fear of making a mistake 

100% this.  He probably scores that pen if he hasn't scored the OG.  That shows what a mental weakling he is.  Get him so far to fuck.

13 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

How do you come to that? :confused:

I think I read a while ago that his record is actually below average, around 85% of pens are scored, while his conversion record for us is 78%