Tav's time is up.

8 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

There's also been an effort to bring in players to compete with them in Jefte, Cortes, Cerny and Propper whereas there's be no effort to bring in anyone to compete with Tav.

Is Sterling a figment of our imagination? 

20 minutes ago, beararse said:

I was listening to a podcast today and one of the guys was saying that he'd had chats with people within Rangers and allegedly they are looking at Sterling as a right back.

2 hours ago, BigDak said:

I was listening to a podcast today and one of the guys was saying that he'd had chats with people within Rangers and allegedly they are looking at Sterling as a right back.

We’re looking at playing at right back at right back? Fuck me, Clement really has changed things behind the scenes

4 hours ago, WWTC said:

We’re looking at playing at right back at right back? Fuck me, Clement really has changed things behind the scenes

Did you read the chain of posts I was quoting? I maybe should've multi-quoted but it was in response to an earlier post where someone claimed we hadn't done anything to replace Tav and someone else (my direct quote) referred to Sterling.

I was just backing that up to say that Sterling is seemingly being pegged for RB - not CM like so many people seem to be looking at.

Tav is in with the bricks.  Will be here till the end.  Nobody wants him or will pay him more, so you don't quit a job till you got a better one while you have a watertight contract. Player power, and it applies to many others. The Crocks and underperformers that are many.  Would love it it were different but this is where we are at.  

10 hours ago, beararse said:

Sterling hasn't played a single minute at right back under Clement.

Of the 1,800 minutes he's played for us, he spent 50-odd minutes at right back, which was against Morton.

He's obviously not seen as a right back for us.

54 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Of the 1,800 minutes he's played for us, he spent 50-odd minutes at right back, which was against Morton.

We've seen as well he offers a lot more in our midfield. Control we had against Kiev once he was introduced. 

If Clement does plan to use him in midfield then we absolutely need a new RB. Tav can't be our first choice again over the season.

25 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We've seen as well he offers a lot more in our midfield. Control we had against Kiev once he was introduced. 

If Clement does plan to use him in midfield then we absolutely need a new RB. Tav can't be our first choice again over the season.

Agreed. From everything I've seen of him he's a central midfielder.

2 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

He probably was seen as a right back but our midfield is so poor he's better than most of them so is being played in midfield.

7 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Interesting time for him to take a holiday. Unless he's been waiting to post his summer holidays until now which would be weird.

Thought was odd. Unless due to his injury he was doing extra work over that period and now has been given a few days off. But doesn't seem to make sense. Maybe he'll be announced by Maldives FC....

3 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Thought was odd. Unless due to his injury he was doing extra work over that period and now has been given a few days off. But doesn't seem to make sense. Maybe he'll be announced by Maldives FC....

Probably waited to post it for whatever reason. 

1 hour ago, Blueshoff said:

He probably was seen as a right back but our midfield is so poor he's better than most of them so is being played in midfield.

I think he's been a victim of circumstance and his own success. I'm sure he was signed as a right back but the number of injuries we had meant his versatility was exploited. The fact at times he's looked like one of our best midfielders says a lot about the quality of midfielders we've been bringing in. 

14 hours ago, The Hammer 11 said:

He’s posting pics on Instagram of him in the Maldives 😂, has he just fucked off snd the club haven’t told anyone?

26 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Interesting time for him to take a holiday. Unless he's been waiting to post his summer holidays until now which would be weird.

He was given special dispensation to leave Poland and go straight to the Maldives for a holiday.

8 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Or ….. he was better than our fit midfielders last season.

21 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Possibly, or maybe it has just been the view that Tav was undroppable

21 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Yeah , I just sense by putting him at RB he would be too far out the picture . I think we'd miss his drive and aggression in midfield that was sorely missed when he didn't play there last season.  

Who knows though , maybe Diamonde and  Barron can provide that energy for us this season leaving him to RB .