Alex McLeish OBE

3 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Absolutely iconic day. Never to be forgotten, the fact it was Scott McDonald that put them down and they called him a legend later 😂😂😂😂

:thumbup:

And one of Big Eck's old teams too mate ... Motherwell ... who I'm sure many of their older fanbase will still remember him fondly for setting the bar at their club enabling them to pull off the upset result against the tinkers.

What a day indeed mate.

🇬🇧

1 hour ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I loved him as our manager, could never understand the criticism he got from some of our support, absolutely baffled me to the point I went off on one on the real radio phone in one night :lol:

Momo celtic or Peter Puffin?

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

I love the man.

I don't think there was another manager we could have got who would have toppled that bheast team with the likes of Sutton, Larsson and Hartson. To win trebles, titles and doubles against that side was some achievement especially when you consider the downsizing the board were doing during those years. They shafted him big time but he still provided the goods. 

Shite last season but he was given crumbs to play with with the best players sold.

Yup, 5 domestic trophies and two league titles in 4.5 seasons is an outstanding achievement given that he also made a transfer profit and earned us fortunes in euro money, all that while shopping in poundland

Still cant believe that miss from Boyd away to villareal, absolute gutting

If it were up to me, Eck would have a gig at the club in some form of fan capacity etc, some type of ambassador role at the club (although theres quite a few ex players/managers who would deserve the role) 

2 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Yup, 5 domestic trophies and two league titles in 4.5 seasons is an outstanding achievement given that he also made a transfer profit and earned us fortunes in euro money, all that while shopping in poundland

Still cant believe that miss from Boyd away to villareal, absolute gutting

If it were up to me, Eck would have a gig at the club in some form of fan capacity etc, some type of ambassador role at the club (although theres quite a few ex players/managers who would deserve the role) 

Did so well against a squad assembled by MON for 30m+. And he was having to replace real talent with journeymen as we downsized.

And don’t forget his movie career…

IMG_0023.jpeg.35f24fb6d517026f6e06b114fecccf69.jpeg

Wee cameo in Stan And Ollie :lol:

Great Rangers man

:UK:

In his first full season we signed Muscat, Thompson, Bonnissel, Eggen and Arteta…..

And he won a treble against a scum team that went to the UEFA Cup final. Just sums up quite how good he was for us in what could’ve been a miserable time given the financial constraints.

43 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

In his first full season we signed Muscat, Thompson, Bonnissel, Eggen and Arteta…..

And he won a treble against a scum team that went to the UEFA Cup final. Just sums up quite how good he was for us in what could’ve been a miserable time given the financial constraints.

Alex winning a treble when we were skint was truly impressive.

Things were much harder when he had to shop in the bargain bin. But when he had De Boer, Ferguson, Caniggia, Arveladze, Artera, Klos, Moore, Amoruso etc, it's no surprise he made them winners. Look at the bosmans in 04/05, Prso, Boumsong, even Vignal on loan, then Ferguson coming back and Buffel. A good manager with good players! His 2 bad seasons, look at the recruitment and that tells you everything