*****The Official Ross County V Rangers Match Thread*****

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I keep reading posts saying they will drop points, they will win ALL their remaining games. 

Killie away was the only match I had any hope. After today's result, I think they will go there and make a statement win.

Hope I'm wrong.

4 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Do you honestly believe that? 

I'd someone had a gun to my head and I had to pick a team to play them to get a win or they'd blow my brains out, I'd pick Killie or Hearts before I'd pick us.

I'd probably blow my own fucking brains out before the game finished if I picked us tbf.

Ffs mate, I'm trying to stay a bit positive rather than saying they're going to trounce everyone. 

Edit: I might be getting positive mixed up with delusional :confused:

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

I'd someone had a gun to my head and I had to pick a team to play them to get a win or they'd blow my brains out, I'd pick Killie or Hearts before I'd pick us.

I'd probably blow my own fucking brains out before the game finished if I picked us tbf.

Finally, my level of depression.  Welcome.

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

Simply have to trust/believe that we will beat them and win the remaining games. Nothing else can be done with 6 games to go. 

Just now, AGM_72 said:

Simply have to trust/believe that we will beat them and win the remaining games. Nothing else can be done with 6 games to go. 

It's hope more than belief, certainly not trust. If you trust this lot your are mental

3 hours ago, Zappa6995 said:

So your confident of beating Dundee with the same shitebags ready to go again, I'm not.

Yeah I think we will probably respond well and then get hammered when the pressure is on vs the scum. 

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If Clement can’t mastermind an away win against this current celtic team when will he ever.

Though I did say the same for last week’s game.

We’ll never have it easier to beat them than last week and we failed (another failure, what a shock) 

Just back from a long drive to try and clear my head, and now I feel even worse.

Losing at home to motehrwell, then  the cuntic shambles was bad enough, to be follwed by this calamity today, but then I rememberted Benfica.

We played a blinder out there, then completely fucked it at home. Was that a tactical catastrophe by CLement? Playing confidently up front but leaving zero defense cost us monumentally that night. Having just had our home record destroyed by motherwell,  it has just been a total fucking collapse. All the stunniong work completely fucking wasted in the space of a few games, the  hard work in the away games being completely shattered by being fucked at home. Cannoty believe this shit. Heartys at home was a stunner, 5:0 must have convinced them that they were world-beaters, amnd the away result in Lisbon, similarly flattered us into thinking the treble was a real possibility. Noiw how the fuck do we pick the bones out of this fucking tragedy?

8 minutes ago, goaaaal said:

The attitude last few games has been utterly shit last week and today management have to get their arses in gear and find a way to get this team moving .

County showed today what it takes to win a game rather than the shitty half arsed approach this lot have been displaying.

This is the most worrying aspect. Yes we can win all remaining games but the  decline in the application/ attitude department has been alarming.

Every game demands a cup final approach not some half arsed bounce match approach. The same and some new culprits coming up short, again. It’s unacceptable.

This isn't a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder but what is the deal with McCausland?

I know he splits opinion but he's been taken out of the 11 but still on the bench every week and never features. I know Matondo's had a couple of big goals but his general play is shite, Silva's isn't much better and the less said about Wright the better.

Unless there's something I've missed he must be sitting wondering how these guys get chance after chance despite the three of them struggling to muster up as many decent performances as he has this season

6 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

Finally, my level of depression.  Welcome.

Honestly, I'm not even that depressed. This is just the way things are now. I know I keep banging on about it, but once you've accepted it, it takes a bit of the sting away. We're not the Rangers that most of us grew up with anymore, and we're unlikely to ever be that Rangers again for a long, long time. It's a bitter pill to swallow, but swallow it and save your sanity a bit. 

This has actually been a pretty good domestic season so far in comparison to most others recently. We've won a cup that eluded us for many years and we've given them a bit of a scare for the title. Outside of one season when they collapsed and there was no fans in stadiums, it hasn't been any better than this.

5 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Can't lie to myself. Its pointless. 

Aye I get it, I'm pretty numb after that result. I expected both sides to drop points in the run in, but I really hoped it would be them that did it first. But at this stage, if we all turn up thinking that way then it isn't going to help matters. But it's all raw right now. 

10 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It's hope more than belief, certainly not trust. If you trust this lot your are mental

Aye, more trust that the manager can find a way. Last few weeks gave undermined the trust in him though. But we don't really have any other choice at this point. 

2 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Honestly, I'm not even that depressed. This is just the way things are now. I know I keep banging on about it, but once you've accepted it, it takes a bit of the sting away. We're not the Rangers that most of us grew up with anymore, and we're unlikely to ever be that Rangers again for a long, long time. It's a bitter pill to swallow, but swallow it and save your sanity a bit. 

This has actually been a pretty good domestic season so far in comparison to most others recently. We've won a cup that eluded us for many years and we've given them a bit of a scare for the title. Outside of one season when they collapsed and there was no fans in stadiums, it hasn't been any better than this.

I'm not at this level of reflection yet.  I am low.

Just a bollockingly shit effort today, with no real plan B. 

14 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

This isn't a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder but what is the deal with McCausland?

I know he splits opinion but he's been taken out of the 11 but still on the bench every week and never features. I know Matondo's had a couple of big goals but his general play is shite, Silva's isn't much better and the less said about Wright the better.

Unless there's something I've missed he must be sitting wondering how these guys get chance after chance despite the three of them struggling to muster up as many decent performances as he has this season

Was asking my lad exactly this a couple of hours ago.

Weird, as he appeared a mainstay up to his injury (in the manager’s mind, if not ours).

12 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Same as yourself don't know what the lads done wrong his gameplay whilst we had injuries was superb the boys got a product no doubt in my eyes and during that mid season spell was pivotal in giving the one thing this team has lacked an end product more so the last few games his inclusion should be an absolute priority Silva's well off the boil other than the good turn and this week keeping  his feet and winning the free kick  was his only.bright spell today .

The lack of players tasked with delivering from a wide position is clearly impacting how we play and opposition teams know it.

9 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

I'm not at this level of reflection yet.  I am low.

Just a bollockingly shit effort today, with no real plan B. 

All this time, and we’re stuck in the rut of ‘if Tav doesn’t show up, Rangers don’t’.

Think we need to break out of this cult created around ‘the highest scoring defender’.

Cantwell and Lawrence are English championship level players at best, these are the guys your looking to add a bit of spark, one does a lot of running around looking busy while actually contributing next to nothing, the latter does...well absolutely nothing to be quite honest.

All that then we have a striker who needs about 5 clear cut chances to convert one.....sort those 3 out with better options and it's a start!