Balogun

20 minutes ago, The Godfather said:
23 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Cantwell was MOTM, but the defence looked so much more settled and solid with him in there.

Dessers is the obvious choice with two goals and I wouldn't be upset if anyone chose him, but Cantwell was the standout for me. 

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Yeah mate just said it post match. Saying Goldson has been tired.

That says a lot about Goldson's mentality if he's feeling leggy on a title run in with a potential treble on the cards.

I get the guys have played a lot of games, but they should have been buzzing

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

That says a lot about Goldson's mentality if he's feeling leggy on a title run in with a potential treble on the cards.

Tbf he may have said "tight" and not "tired". Goldsons fatigue has been mental fatigue more than leggy. He's been switching off and collapsing. Deserved to be dropped.

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Tbf he may have said "tight" and not "tired". Goldsons fatigue has been mental fatigue more than leggy. He's been switching off and collapsing. Deserved to be dropped.

100% deserved to be dropped. Never been a huge fan of him due to his switching off way too often for my liking

6 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

100% deserved to be dropped. Never been a huge fan of him due to his switching off way too often for my liking

Aye - often defends what he wants to defend, as opposed to the situation that’s actually happening.

14 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Why does it? Players get tired, it’s not like he’s asked to be dropped. 

Played well today, potential MOTM.

Keep him in for away to St Mirren and play Goldson as LCB, Souttar is a “played well apart from their goal” type of player, too many mistakes.

Wonder why Goldson was dropped - rumour mill saying he had a bust up with the manager.  If thats the case then maybe Balogun is first pick for the rest of the season.  Think Balogun had a good game today.

2 minutes ago, Stunels said:

Wonder why Goldson was dropped - rumour mill saying he had a bust up with the manager.  If thats the case then maybe Balogun is first pick for the rest of the season.  Think Balogun had a good game today.

Gaffer said “tiredness” - was supposed to be dropped at Dundee but Balogun was unwell so he didn’t 

12 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He had 2 weeks off then played one game a week since. 

If players are getting tired with that schedule then there's issues.

Goldson ain't tired, his confidence and form nosedived.

Yeah I’m not arguing the latter, I just don’t buy the shows his mentality like he’s asked to be dropped. Players go out of form.

No coincidence our defence started looking ropey when Balogun got injured, we looked far more solid with him in there. He's quick and aggressive, Goldson's a carthorse in comparison. Just a shame we don't have anyone really solid to partner him as Souttar's a bombscare at times, Goldson's fuckin' gash and Davies is Davies. In fairness Davies probably deserves a chance to partner Balogun more than the other two...... as much as that pains me to say.