Ibrox Development

10 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Because that's not how it works 🤣🤣🤣.

The contractors will order it in but won't sit with it "stored" as it goes as a negative on their books.

It also depends on what terms Rangers have with their contractors who will be due monies either 30, 45 or 60 days after works completed

Not many companies could afford to order and pay and store materials for ,6 months or so waiting on material 🤣🤣

Bang on but hasn’t helped with some of the decision making / planning by the club, similar to Blue Sky & NEH.

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Seems like excuses tbh when materials being an integral part of the build need to come from so far, with lengthy lead times, and we've not got them checked and double checked before we start the work.

I'd get new problems that contractors couldn't be aware of delaying a job. But materials just shouldn't be given how long it takes to get them and us having a set tight timescale.

And my point about extensions was in relation to cost being why the material wouldn't be brought in for the start of the works.

The club front loaded elements of Blue Sky and NEH for materials but both still overran, NEH was partly down to the club changing the layout and operation of the Museum as an example.

There are many variables that can cause these type of issues but unless you are involved in the process it’s all subjective and does come across as excuses.

12 minutes ago, ayro said:

The club front loaded elements of Blue Sky and NEH for materials but both still overran, NEH was partly down to the club changing the layout and operation of the Museum as an example.

There are many variables that can cause these type of issues but unless you are involved in the process it’s all subjective and does come across as excuses.

Neither of those impacted on the club fulfilling fixture schedules. Delays were an inconvenience but not potentially affecting match results.

When the tight timescale was set then it makes sense that everything would be done to mitigate risks, including the right materials being present at the right time. If that meant delivered early, checked and secured away then so much the better.

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Neither of those impacted on the club fulfilling fixture schedules. Delays were an inconvenience but not potentially affecting match results.

When the tight timescale was set then it makes sense that everything would be done to mitigate risks, including the right materials being present at the right time. If that meant delivered early, checked and secured away then so much the better.

Yep agreed but as I said in my previous post there are many variables that can undo the plan and that appears to be the scenario that we are unfortunately in.

45 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Seems like excuses tbh when materials being an integral part of the build need to come from so far, with lengthy lead times, and we've not got them checked and double checked before we start the work.

I'd get new problems that contractors couldn't be aware of delaying a job. But materials just shouldn't be given how long it takes to get them and us having a set tight timescale.

And my point about extensions was in relation to cost being why the material wouldn't be brought in for the start of the works.

I don't buy that the delay is solely down to materials being held up, but without being on site I can't claim to know what's actually causing the delay other than what we were all initially told about the materials.

I know, but with your point about house extensions etc - my point was the materials are readily available and will usually be there for the start of works.

Work isn't advancing past demolition and removal of existing structures within the Copland for the access area at the moment and we only know that because of the videos we've seen, Rangers still haven't actually told us much.

2 hours ago, Johnnyem said:

Well that was a bit daft placing that there when it had no materials to lift into place, and it's no doubt costing a fortune for the hire of.

Do you think we have brought that crane in and it has been sitting doing fuck all for 6 weeks....I'm not sure if you have noticed but their has been work  done it just happens that we have now hit a delay, their is no way we are bringing that thing in and out to play these games....far too much hassle, we just have to suck it and see for the time being until we are able to see the work recommence

8 hours ago, RFC55 said:

That's not really how it works in the land of maintenance and construction 

Yes it is for very tight schedule contracts.  Nothing to stop materials being brought to site in advance of work commencing.  I've been involved in major projects on very tight programmes which required materials on site before work commenced.   If the club had ensured that the most important materials were on site or stored nearby then we wouldn't be in this situation.  It's amateur hour.  What makes the issue worse is the lack of clarity from the Club.   All sorts of rumours springing up and it's all so unnecessary if we just kept the fans informed.

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

Yes it is for very tight schedule contracts.  Nothing to stop materials being brought to site in advance of work commencing.  I've been involved in major projects on very tight programmes which required materials on site before work commenced.   If the club had ensured that the most important materials were on site or stored nearby then we wouldn't be in this situation.  It's amateur hour.  What makes the issue worse is the lack of clarity from the Club.   All sorts of rumours springing up and it's all so unnecessary if we just kept the fans informed.

100%. Often see situations where the customer / client / tier 1 contractor orders the materials on behalf of the sub-contractor too if there’s risk. 

1 hour ago, Dickie1963 said:

Do you know this for sure or conjecture?

It's not fact as it could take longer.

They have fucked it again, got away with past failures as it never effected games. This one fucks up everything.

Gives a Manager who should be delivering the perfect excuse already.

17 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Exactly.

18 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

This 100%. If cash is an issue for the contractor, there is a "vesting" mechanism available in most construction contracts to enable any materials subject to availability / inflation issues to be secured early.

I have to say, if the materials story is true, it constitutes incompetence on an epic scale considering this season could be era-defining in respect of the income differentials between the new CL format and EL this coming season.

However, it's by far the least worst option compared to the rumour mill speculation currently circulating.