Welcome to Rangers Permanently Oscar Cortes

Agreeing to pay £4 million for Cortes was utter madness even without any injury.  He has hardly played at a high level.   Having been seriously injured last season I can't believe we didn't change the deal.  Lens paid £4m for him and after 4 first team games and 6 months we take him on loan with an option to buy.   Think he had 7 appearances and a bad injury for us yet we go ahead with a crazy deal.

1 hour ago, Blue Atheist said:

A smart negotiator would have a clause in that obligation to buy deal that if he is unavailable for selection for a certain amount of games we don’t need to buy him. Especially with the way his previous loan panned out.

Do I think any such agreement exists?… No.

If there was that sort of clause in the deal then it wouldn’t be an obligation to buy would it? :lol:

17 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If there was that sort of clause in the deal then it wouldn’t be an obligation to buy would it? :lol:

The obligation to buy deals are mental. 

I don't know another club who makes a cunt of it more than us

1 hour ago, Blue Atheist said:

A smart negotiator would have a clause in that obligation to buy deal that if he is unavailable for selection for a certain amount of games we don’t need to buy him. Especially with the way his previous loan panned out.

Do I think any such agreement exists?… No.

So not an obligation then? 😂

Changing the loan option to an obligation after an injury just looks more and more maddening by the day. If that's what Lens wanted, to do a deal we should have walked away and looked elsewhere. And of course the other option we couldn't afford ends up playing and scoring in the CL.

1 minute ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Can't be arsed anymore with our manager using the word "project" (twice) when relating to us. 

I used to do projects at fucking school. We want to win titles above they cunts. We're not all doing some big project! He can do one. 

We are a project. It's a hard pill to swallow, but you can either pretend it isn't happening and you'll constantly be angry and frustrated about what's going on, or you can face up to the reality of our situation.

6 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

We are a project. It's a hard pill to swallow, but you can either pretend it isn't happening and you'll constantly be angry and frustrated about what's going on, or you can face up to the reality of our situation.

Wish he'd tell us how long this "project" is. Used to be a "story". What chapter we at. 

Plus, for a manager that frowns upon bad tackles, or I'd just say making actual tackles during a game(which we don't do much of). We seem to get plenty injuries from them in training ffs. 

19 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Fucking ridiculous we agreed to an obligation to buy for a guy that spent 95% of his loan deal injured last season. 

Absolutely baffling business.

I said it at the time and was shot down on here. Lens didn't desperately want rid of him after 6 months for no reason.

12 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

I said it at the time and was shot down on here. Lens didn't desperately want rid of him after 6 months for no reason.

I mentioned how strange that seemed to be too and was told it was down to the way Lens play, and I couldn't be bothered to check if that was true.

I just didn't think they'd want to let some kid they'd just signed leave so soon for more or less their money back, if they had any kind of faith in him.

2 hours ago, AGM_72 said:

Utterly baffling decision to commit to a mandatory fee. 

Should have been a fee if he makes X amount of appearances, and if they didn't go for that then move onto other targets. 

With the mess we've gotten ourselves in with Hagi there is no way a team would go for a deal like that. In hindsight would have been a good outcome for us I guess. 

7 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

We're not a project. We're a badly run football club.

7 hours ago, AGM_72 said:

Utterly baffling decision to commit to a mandatory fee. 

Should have been a fee if he makes X amount of appearances, and if they didn't go for that then move onto other targets. 

Not really, show's we're skint. No different in theory than a "buy now pay later" deal.

9 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

So because it's a project, we have to expect guys to be constantly injured? 

Any other "project" that kept using parts that continously broke down would be questioning who keeps buying them

7 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

So because it's a project, we have to expect guys to be constantly injured? 

Any other "project" that kept using parts that continously broke down would be questioning who keeps buying them

Absolutely no idea how you've got that from what I said.