Expectations for 24/25 at this moment in time

Just now, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

The board can’t keep losing money every year. They backed Beale, mistake yes but they backed him with serious investment, which is exactly what we wanted. 
The reality is, the SPL brings in very little revenue, therefore we require to move on some assets to fund purchases. Makes sense.

The mistake here is making it known, as clubs will realise we’re strapped and offers will be low ball… 

I can see the club front end funding a purchase to allow time for the player to settle and negotiations with our outgoing player(s) to progress. 
We all knew we had very little ‘new funds’. 
We don’t know what has been said to Clemente but he will have significant funds to spend, once we free up funds from moving players on. 

He will? Who are we moving on and for how much?

6 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I'm sure it's just the benefit of time passing, but I genuinely don't recall feeling this disillusioned or disconnected from the club, even when we were struggling to get out of the championship or getting absolutely fucking battered during the Warburton or Caixinha era. I remember not being able to see how we ever got back to the top, but there was always a wee feeling of hope that things were going to get better. Now it honestly just feels like we're killing time until things get even worse. No one is going to buy us and this board are running us into the ground. 

Christ knows where this ends.

Sobering post there mate, but I sadly agree with those sentiments. 

It feels worse as I honestly thought we had turned the corner. We have a very good manager who wants the right profile of player at the club with the right characteristics to play a high pressing game, a guy who has a track record of winning things. 

On the journey back, we knew there would be hurdles, we knew it wouldn't be plain sailing but this is us meant to be going toe to toe with them again, a couple of record sales in the back pocket and a few high earners off the books. 

It felt like a season of optimism lay ahead, but in two weeks the club have absolutely killed any prospect of us winning our title. They've just tied a hand behind Clement's back and with the stadium debacle added to it they've isolated a large section of the support. 

It looks like harder days ahead if they're saying there's no money left, but the buck stops at their feet and we'll all as one voice back Clement to the hilt.

1 hour ago, Redmond7 said:

I dont even know what to say any more. I dont want to be all doom and gloom, but how the hell do we get out of this mess. 

There's nothing else but doom and gloom. Anyone who doesn't see that now will never see it.

The fans need to put pressure on the board, because getting rid of them is the only possible route out. 

13 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

You're sniffing copious amounts of Lynx if you actually believe that.

Everyone of our squad would start in any SPL team bar celtic, meaning we should be able to compete over a season 

13 hours ago, Redmond7 said:

I take it you havent been watching us for the past few years? If Clement isnt the right man then we are well and truly fucked.

Obviously I have, we competed last season and had a chance to go 5 clear against celtic, the squad has strengthen regardless of what happens now, Clement has more than enough to challenge celtic as it is,  injuries aside we will be up there 

1 hour ago, Nk89 said:

Everyone of our squad would start in any SPL team bar celtic, meaning we should be able to compete over a season 

I think a massive issue for us is we’ve beaten the scum 3 times in 3 seasons in all competitions. I think it’s something like 16 times we’ve played them in that time. League wise if that continues we are relying on the scum dropping at least 9 points more than us to the rest of the teams in the league just for us to be level with them.

1 hour ago, Nk89 said:

Obviously I have, we competed last season and had a chance to go 5 clear against celtic, the squad has strengthen regardless of what happens now, Clement has more than enough to challenge celtic as it is,  injuries aside we will be up there 

The squad hasn’t strengthened, we have lost Sima and the likes of Tav Goldson Lawrence are all a year older 

1 hour ago, Nk89 said:

We overperfromd, while celtic underperformed. 

As soon as they found some form we went off a cliff.

7 hours ago, Nk89 said:

Would Dessers start over Miovski? Wright or McAusland over Armstrong? Lowry over Mackay? Yilmaz over Cochrane? Dowell over half the league's midfielders? 

I'm not so sure and that's before you consider Miller & Watson who are 2 of the promising youths.

Imo whilst our squad is good enough to be 2nd, every member isn't better than every player in every team bar the scum.

50 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Would Dessers start over Miovski? Wright or McAusland over Armstrong? Lowry over Mackay? Yilmaz over Cochrane? Dowell over half the league's midfielders? 

I'm not so sure and that's before you consider Miller & Watson who are 2 of the promising youths.

Imo whilst our squad is good enough to be 2nd, every member isn't better than every player in every team bar the scum.

Miovski over Dessers, McAusland over Armstrong, Armstrong over Wright, n I actually think Dowell is a very decent player but injuries have ruined him. But aye maybe not every player 

My expectation is Clement will walk as he can't trust this boards words are true. I think he will be looking at the job market right now and will monkey branch as soon as he can.

I see some positive signs-  we have reduced the wage bill invested in some promising youth players.

Removed Lundstrum, Barasic, Roofe, Jack, Mclaughlan and hopefully replaced with players who will at least contribute and be available. 

Wouldn't say they were like for like in terms of quality or experience.

I see issues with the inflexibility of the tactics - if you don't have the players to play your way why force it. Pick players on form and for their positions. 

Wings are a real problem area but only as we don't play a winger. Had Sterling in there, Cantwell, Lawrence, Dowell.   There must be players are youth level rather than shoehorned midfielders that don't have the necessary qualities. Or if you don't have the qualities there change the formation. 

We can get width from the wingback and then have an extra body in midfield with 2 different strikers. Dessers/ Danilo 

Stadium issue is a disaster for me as Hampden atmosphere is just not very good - big blow to the start of the season.

Clement bemoaning finances available publicly is also a huge concern on where he is commitment wise.

Not selling or offloading more players is a stress...though Lammers looked to be gone for a few mil. 

We win a few games and watch the new signings blossom things will look better - but a lot of concerns before the season has started.

18 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

The squad hasn’t strengthened, we have lost Sima and the likes of Tav Goldson Lawrence are all a year older 

And whether people like to admit it now or not Lundstram was being touted as potential POTY for half the season who has also went and not been replaced apart from Barron. 

Squad is definitely worse than that it was last season at the current moment. 

The Euros have really helped distract from what feels like an inevitable shit show of a season. Years of squad and structural mismanagement coming home to roost now. 

Will still be there to support from the stands, but if there was some sort of collective protest against the board I would happily join it.

- Stadium delays

- No CEO

- No head of youth

- Squad with some sellable assets who are on inflated wages meaning we can't seem to shift them.

It is an absolute shambles. 

The scum receiving 4.5m for a striker who barely features for them, while we seem incapable of shifting anyone really rubs it in.

23 minutes ago, Broxi said:

And whether people like to admit it now or not Lundstram was being touted as potential POTY for half the season who has also went and not been replaced apart from Barron. 

Squad is definitely worse than that it was last season at the current moment. 

The problem with Lundstram is he has these purple patches where he looks really good then reverts to type, when he’s off it he’s an absolute liability confident Barron will prove to be an upgrade, not having to watch Borna in a Rangers jersey is another positive but Sima’s goals are going to be a massive miss unless we can either get him back or get somebody in to replace him. 

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

The problem with Lundstram is he has these purple patches where he looks really good then reverts to type, when he’s off it he’s an absolute liability confident Barron will prove to be an upgrade, not having to watch Borna in a Rangers jersey is another positive but Sima’s goals are going to be a massive miss unless we can either get him back or get somebody in to replace him. 

Barron might replace shit Lundstram but is he better than Lundstram when he was on form? Let's see but at the moment I'm not banking on that.

From October when Clement came in to around, idk, March Lundstram was excellent and is another starting player we've not necessarily improved on. Also, not a fan of Silva but is another one who was starting every week for us we haven't brought anybody in for either. 

1 hour ago, AGM_72 said:

The Euros have really helped distract from what feels like an inevitable shit show of a season. Years of squad and structural mismanagement coming home to roost now. 

Will still be there to support from the stands, but if there was some sort of collective protest against the board I would happily join it.

- Stadium delays

- No CEO

- No head of youth

- Squad with some sellable assets who are on inflated wages meaning we can't seem to shift them.

It is an absolute shambles. 

The scum receiving 4.5m for a striker who barely features for them, while we seem incapable of shifting anyone really rubs it in.

I’m going to stay out this thread for a while as it just depresses me. I’ve been quite negative and critical but it’s tough to see any positivity around the club just now or in the future. The majority of the fanbase agrees with your post especially one here but reading Follow Follow there’s still quite a few backing the board. That Robert Marshall is actually embarrassing himself with the shite he’s spouting by sticking for his pal John Bennet. He genuinely said it’s FFP fault not the boards re the state of our squad and also playing at Hampden isn’t an issue as our new signings will never have played at Ibrox before anyway. Fucking frightening and shows what we are up against.

The bad news is we’re probably going to have to rely on loans, as I can’t see anyone paying us money to take Lammers, Dessers, Matondo, Davies, Hagi etc. 

If you get most their wages off the bill for a season, you can probably bring in 2x starters on loan (similar to what we did with the likes of Tilman and Sima).

The good news is I’d expect us to be far fitter and mobile after pre season. Clements bumped his gums about how shit it was previously, so if he’s a good manager he’ll improve the existing squad (which didn’t fall THAT short last season, we weren’t 30 points behind). 

We’re signing younger players who don’t have injury records which is a big change. We lost the OF games last season because of a lack of mobility in midfield and not being clinical up top. Danilo should help solve that and moving on Lundstram (who won 1x meaningful OF game in 3 years), means we should address that. We’re also clearly trying to be as reliant on Goldson and Tav and 1x of them will move on. 

All we need to do is try to get through the CL qualifiers (which will probably come too soon) and beat the rest of the league. Do the latter and we’ll likely be worst case 3-6 points behind come January, when hopefully we can strengthen further. 

My BIG concern is that Clement isn’t known as a manager who turns around a losing streak quickly. That was shown from his time at Monaco and was one of the criticisms their fans had, so we need to start the season well so there’s no lingering doubts from last season. 

I think our expectations as fans don't match the boards expectations over the next year or two and that is where problems begin. We are expecting a title challenge they are hoping for a title challenge but expecting to finish a clear 2nd with a cup or two. Obviously they won't say that because fans can dream but I think there hoping that in the next 3/4 years we will be able to seriously challenge for the league. When we have a squad worth millions and a player trading model working and well established.