Kinning Park Legend

3 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

A few folk will already know but on Thursday we lost our Dad, as bad as it is losing a parent or any loved one it was especially bad as only 18 days had passed since we lost our brother. 
dad was 91 and up till 86 he was still a season ticket holder, he told us tales of Moscow Dynamo in the 1940s, he told us tales of Millar, Brand and Wilson. 
He enjoyed his days in the Govan Front meeting guys he’d known for many years and like all of us he thought he knew more than the managers in the job😂😂

But the best thing he ever done for me and my 3 brothers was introduce us to Rangers, my first game we lost 3-0 to Dundee in 1974 and was promptly called a jinx.

I would say that every one of my closest friends I know thru the love of our great club and for that I will be eternally grateful.

One of my mates text me this

there wasn’t a kid growing up in KP who didn’t know your dad and loved him. Loads of them now have children of their own and they would shout on him if they seen him. Kinning Park has lost a legend 💙💙💙💙

See you on the other side old fella 

Sorry to hear that m8, sounds like he was a great Rangers man, all the best. 

Sorry for your loss mate, if it's any consolation 91 is a good innings and he still has yourself and your other two brothers to carry on the family tradition that he clearly wanted

42 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

A few folk will already know but on Thursday we lost our Dad, as bad as it is losing a parent or any loved one it was especially bad as only 18 days had passed since we lost our brother. 
dad was 91 and up till 86 he was still a season ticket holder, he told us tales of Moscow Dynamo in the 1940s, he told us tales of Millar, Brand and Wilson. 
He enjoyed his days in the Govan Front meeting guys he’d known for many years and like all of us he thought he knew more than the managers in the job😂😂

But the best thing he ever done for me and my 3 brothers was introduce us to Rangers, my first game we lost 3-0 to Dundee in 1974 and was promptly called a jinx.

I would say that every one of my closest friends I know thru the love of our great club and for that I will be eternally grateful.

there wasn’t a kid growing up in KP who didn’t know your dad and loved him. Loads of them now have children of their own and they would shout on him if they seen him. Kinning Park has lost a legend 💙💙💙💙

Codolences mate on both your losses,and sounded like a family to look up to. 

1 hour ago, kplfishtank said:

Sorry for your loss D.

I know you guys were close so it'll be sore for you. 

Hope as time.passes you can heal. 

Once again sorry for your loss mate 

2 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

My dad passed away at 91 on January, 2 months before his 92nd birthday this year, a big Rangers man  who would regale you with stories of Baxter, Miller etc. My thoughts and prayers with you all at this sad time I've been there mate. 

3 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

Sorry for your loss mate.