Clement: I had other expectations when I came.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Sobering 😒

It’s not a great comparison, we have to pay a premium to get them to our league. Plus we are in competition with Championship sides wage wise.

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

It’s not a great comparison, we have to pay a premium to get them to our league. Plus we are in competition with Championship sides wage wise.

There's 4 tweets worth reading, not just the headline you can see on the link about Atalanta (which also shouldn't be downplayed).

Nothing new, just explains how much of a mess it is.

8 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

They are still hoodwinking the support and trying to condition us to be 2nd best, we’ve got people in our support now thinking that Kenny McLean is the answer to our midfield troubles ffs :ang:

This season is going to get messy. There will be change of some sort, it may not be quick or soon but change will happen. There's no way these same guys can continue to run our club into the ground with no answers (pithy statements, no signings) and self-inflicted damage (Copland).

There's only so much the support will take before there's crowds at the front door.

12 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Where is Goldson going for £38 k a week?

Are we at least TRYING to sell these players though? I have a horrible feeling we're just sitting on our hands waiting on the phone to ring.

9 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Even the money we spent after Seville was a shambles too. 10.5 million on Matondo, Davies and Yilmaz :ang:

Horrendous. It absolutely kills me to see jobbers like Matondo starting games. Offers nothing and has no business being at Rangers.

9 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Mate the board are shite but tbh last season and Gerrard at times big money was spent on absolute pish.

Why they gave beake that money is beyond me 

It’s big money they ultimately sign off on though mate. Their the ones that had a hand in appointing Wilson. Surely after the 5th “if we get him back to his best he’ll be good for us” signing at 30k a week and £4m someone should’ve said lets put the brakes on this? The fans could see it. 

37 minutes ago, crmpicco said:

This season is going to get messy. There will be change of some sort, it may not be quick or soon but change will happen. There's no way these same guys can continue to run our club into the ground with no answers (pithy statements, no signings) and self-inflicted damage (Copland).

There's only so much the support will take before there's crowds at the front door.

It’s long overdue, they’ve got away with far too much for far too long.

2 hours ago, crmpicco said:

There won’t ever be protests like that from Rangers fans. We’re a weak fanbase in that regard.

What might happen is a few hundred ST holders won’t bother attending games but they’ll put their tickets on seatsub and someone else will buy them

We must be one of the most naively run major football clubs in the world right now. Our boards mission statement shld read like: 

- Financially reward players who fail to meet expectations

- Enter high risk financial deals with players who struggle to keep fit/are robust enough for the scottish game

- Fail to cash in on assets

- Avoid clear communication at all costs

37 minutes ago, Kents_Hook said:

doesn't matter who we get as a scout or dof, they all seem to pick players from either the championship or somebody in scotland, i feel sorry for clement

• Diomande - Denmark
  • Igamane - Morocco
  • Barron - Scotland
  • Cortes - France
  • Nsiala - Italy
  • Jefte - Cyprus

Clement signings, only one from Scotland & none from England

No doubt we're in a mess off the field as well as on it.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I have a degree of sympathy for the board for the stick they get over the squad we have now. Beale is the one who has ultimately got us into this mess. Yes the board gave him the money, but no board gets involved with player recruitment other than providing funds. The manager is the one ultimately responsible for identifying the 'talent'. They were in a difficult situation as had they not backed him, they would still have got stick. 

That's about the only thing I feel a little bit sorry for them about. How we are paying what we are in wages is crippling us as much as the shit squad. 

3 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I have a degree of sympathy for the board for the stick they get over the squad we have now. Beale is the one who has ultimately got us into this mess. Yes the board gave him the money, but no board gets involved with player recruitment other than providing funds. The manager is the one ultimately responsible for identifying the 'talent'. They were in a difficult situation as had they not backed him, they would still have got stick. 

That's about the only thing I feel a little bit sorry for them about. How we are paying what we are in wages is crippling us as much as the shit squad. 

The board appointed Beale then they sanctioned the signings wages etc.  every manager since we came back up has said they work closely with the board when identifying recruitment. The board have sanctioned  non football projects pumping millions into bars restaurants EH, stadium upgrades and have left us skint with no money to strengthen the squad. 

The feeling sorry for the board ship has sailed mate. They made a cunt of it.  They better hope Clement can dig them out a hole and get a tune out the squad he’s got to work with.

7 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Nah, mate. This board are firmly in the crosshairs of the support now. Beale, Gio and Gerrard are not in the equation now. I honestly can't see a scenario where Bennett lasts the season.

19 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

There won’t ever be protests like that from Rangers fans. We’re a weak fanbase in that regard.

What might happen is a few hundred ST holders won’t bother attending games but they’ll put their tickets on seatsub and someone else will buy them

Well we need to wake up and the supporters groups need to come together with a unified stance. This can't go on.

1 hour ago, crmpicco said:

Well we need to wake up and the supporters groups need to come together with a unified stance. This can't go on.

Organise it then.  Coordinate something that has an impact and makes people take note. 

go on then. 

22 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Grim

If ever a club needed a wage cap!

These player agents must love negotiations with us man...

How do we do it year after year! Overpaying on salaries, not getting value for money. 

15 minutes ago, molesmole said:

If ever a club needed a wage cap!

These player agents must love negotiations with us man...

How do we do it year after year! Overpaying on salaries, not getting value for money. 

Because every year we are negotiating from a position of weakness.

The summer after 55 was a real sliding doors moment for us. We should have sold some while their stock was at it’s highest, instead we gambled on more success driving their value higher and lost.

Every transfer window since then has been us taking massive gambles on signings to address big issues with in our squad with decreasing budgets and very few of those gambles have actually come through (Butland being the obvious example of it working)

A wage cap wouldn’t be necessary if we had the funds to match it on a transfer fee. If we were paying the fee for a player worth £30k+ a week it would still be a risk but much less. Instead we are trying to find £30k+ players for free / buttons all while they are probably also negotiating with other clubs allowing them to drive their price up higher.