Clement: I had other expectations when I came.

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I meant it was obvious he wasn’t of the required standard at the time, the ‘never let us down’ crowd when it’s a sample size of about 5 games is the strange logic.

Fair nuf.

There was ample opportunity over the last few seasons  to give MrCrorie an extended run. We’ve somehow fucked that too.

21 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Bair at Motherwell going for seven figures

Cochrane at Hearts going for 7 figures

Youan at Hibs reportedly going for around 2 million.

All younger players on low wages that teams are willing to take a punt on.

Meanwhile over at Ibrox..

Exactly the point I was making the other day about the cost of players rising across the board and us being stuck in a mindset of what players would have been valued at, and what you would have got for that money, five years ago.

Last time a Rangers manager was backed was when King in charge. 

Always said EH was a white elephant built to inflate those in the boardrooms egos. Those seat things outside EH should be destroyed. Simon Jordan saying about the board celebrating the cinch court stuff is completely believable.

Then blaming Copland works on a guy who isn't even here anymore, whilst sacking the guy who was in the background, is a cherry on top. 

Parks and Bennett aren't fit to run the club and don't have the money to do so either but they will be damned to give up that position. Doing everything they can to keep the clubs biggest shareholder out the club. 

We are run by complete narcissistic charlatans.

30 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Board and their appointments are a disaster, all blazers apart from Clement, so far, he’s all that stands between them and long term damage. Probably end up at Hampdump for the season the way this construction uncertainty is going. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Agreed in full.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Last time a Rangers manager was backed was when King in charge. 

Always said EH was a white elephant built to inflate those in the boardrooms egos. Those seat things outside EH should be destroyed. Simon Jordan saying about the board celebrating the cinch court stuff is completely believable.

Then blaming Copland works on a guy who isn't even here anymore, whilst sacking the guy who was in the background, is a cherry on top. 

Parks and Bennett aren't fit to run the club and don't have the money to do so either but they will be damned to give up that position. Doing everything they can to keep the clubs biggest shareholder out the club. 

We are run by complete narcissistic charlatans.

King doesn't want back in the club he just wants his money back.

41 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Dropped an absolute howler on his debut for them.

Every keeper is capable of a howler.

Butland made an arse of things in the cup final.
He also made a total cunt of the Ajax free kick yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

King doesn't want back in the club he just wants his money back.

Regardless what he wants, which is obviously trying to sell his shares first and foremost, he is the biggest shareholder of the club and gets zero say in how the club is run. The last time a manager was properly backed was under his chairmanship. Keeping him out shows how much the current incumbents are in it for themselves.

He does want back in btw. The board keep voting him out every year. He wants Park Jr's seat at the table, despite other board members who have seats with next to no investment.

9 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Serious discussions need to be happening with the players that are surplus to requirements......if it's a fire sale then so be it, we only have a matter of weeks to move on 7 or 8 which will bring the wage bill down and create some much needed funds

Tav & Goldson I'd take £4 million for the pair

Cantwell-£1.5-2 million

Davies & Matondo- £ 1 million each

Lammers- £ 2.5 million 

Dessers - £3 million

Yilmaz - £3 million 

Hagi - £2 million 

Anything for Wright & Dowell 

Lawrence I would maybe keep around but would punt if offered a million 

Truth is clubs out there now know and understand our plight, no cunt is going to pay us the fees we were hoping for a couple of weeks ago

That's twelve players that we now actively need to be looking to move on, even if we generated between £15-20 million for the lot we are going to struggle to bring bring  6-8 players in, we will seriously need to rely on promoting youth players into the fold

What an absolute shit show this is, they need to get the ball rolling and start actively moving these players on, get the agents in a get it spelt out boldly 

Doesn't matter how serious you talk to them. The majority of players you've listed are signed up for multiple years, with some on >£20K a week. Tav and Goldson on way more than that.

We're basically needing other clubs to invest serious cash on players that have either flopped or are past their best. Not just in fees but on the bloated contracts that we offered.

An absolutely dire and grim situation to be in.

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Not quite as easy as that though.

Take Matondo - A club wants to buy him for £ 1 million as you said. He wants a 4 year deal on current wages (28k a week)

All in over the term of his deal that will cost them around £7 million.

Lammers had a great second half of season but what teams in Holland realistically could afford his transfer fee and wage package?

I get that mate, that's why I'm hoping clubs perhaps look at the lower fee and balance it against a wage packet for the player, we have got ourselves into right fucking mess, we need to actively be doing something though, waiting & hoping that some club will come in for these players want wash as we need fresh faces in the door proto...we are getting very close to writing this whole season off already....fucking pathetic way to be treating the fan base

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

The fanbase is going to have to stand behind him when the results go to the shitter. I have my doubts the fanbase have the capability of doing that, but we will have to 

Any anger is going to need to be aimed straight at this board who have put in us this position. 

There will inevitably be some in our support if results go badly that will demand a new manager but a new manager will still be stuck with the same players who have failed previous management's. 

This isn't going to be a short term fix. I honestly feel like we're back to what it was like when Gerrard first came in. 

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Koppen probably more likely to leave sooner than Phil.

Don't expect either to be here next summer unless there's significant upheaval in the Boardroom.

To be fair, if Koppen is sitting on his arse all day twiddling his thumbs waiting for teams to bid for Tav, Goldson, Davies, Lammers, Dessers, Matondo and Scott Wright et al before he can do his job and recruit then maybe it's best he leaves.

What manager worth their salt would take over us on the understanding of the circumstances that the previous manager has just walked away from?

I think we've seen enough in Clement to know we will struggle to find someone with his passion and commitment, it's imperative that we find funds one way or another to try and give the man something to work with, what a fucking freak show we have become :headwall:

14 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Regardless what he wants, which is obviously trying to sell his shares first and foremost, he is the biggest shareholder of the club and gets zero say in how the club is run. The last time a manager was properly backed was under his chairmanship. Keeping him out shows how much the current incumbents are in it for themselves.

He does want back in btw. The board keep voting him out every year. He wants Park Jr's seat at the table, despite other board members who have seats with next to no investment.

King isn't the answer to our current situation.   He just wants his investment back.

Yeah its a fucking mess.

Might have to take a hit on certain players valuations if we want rid. But even then we ain't going to have a decent amount of money for purchases unless they are on free or loans?

We have little to no genuinely high value saleable assets other than Butland.

If  nothing else it allows the youth like Barron to hopefully step-up and make a name for himself?

Does anyone know on top of this recruitment horrorshow, how much being away from Ibrox will end up costing us in terms of gate receipts and cost of leasing Hampden etc.

Desperately need a change at the top or PC and his team will be off!

16 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Clement has already stated that Nsiala & Igamane  are projects and won't be starters

Nsiala you can make an arguement for, he's apparently on a very low age and a free from a good club, worth a punt even if it takes time

Really cant understand Igamane tho, if funds are as tight as Clements telling us now, why we spending 1.5 million on a 21 year old who isn't ready to start matches, we don't have that in us at the moment.

Even back in January, 4.5 million for Diomande was nuts, as was an expensive loan for Silva. We're still making the same mistakes in the market that we have done for years.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Nsiala you can make an arguement for, he's apparently on a very low age and a free from a good club, worth a punt even if it takes time

Really cant understand Igamane tho, if funds are as tight as Clements telling us now, why we spending 1.5 million on a 21 year old who isn't ready to start matches, we don't have that in us at the moment.

Even back in January, 4.5 million for Diomande was nuts, as was an expensive loan for Silva. We're still making the same mistakes in the market that we have done for years.

Diomande signing wasn’t nuts at all.

if we’d signed 3 diomandes equivalent instead of Davies, Dessers, Lammers

We’d have a young quality core to the squad for this year. And potentially some big transfer fees to come 

We are a shambles, giving the unwashed a head start on advantage, bragging rights and smugness is hard enough.

Playing every game away from Ibrox to God's knows when, piggery in September. 

Manager who I will give benifit of doubt to just know for performing a miracle with Beale bawbags, but would love to know what caused implosion and him being wobbled by Rodgers. Something wrong there.

Now manger is publicly calling out failings, and shit show of not playing at Ibrox gives him a get out of jail free. 

Worrying times, it's going to be painful watching our songs of celebration and history disappear if the unwashed blow us away again.

What a fuckin mess were in, ive never felt so scunnered with our club even during 2012, i accepted we were unfairly treated then and only looked forward to the rebuild of our great club, since then its been one disaster after another, ok we won 55 but considering our biggest rivals had capitulated as a club we stood still and are now festering, This board see us as a business and not a football club who should be winning titles to add to our great history, i know i wont but at times i feel like saying fuck this im out as myself and the other 50k who go to games at Ibrox are being treated as a fuckin cash flow mules.

This mob running our club do not give one fuck about its lifeline which is us the supporters.