*****Manchester United v Rangers*****

Fair play to all those thousands of Bears attending today, and good luck to what I would imagine will be many younger Bears going along with their families to their first Rangers match. I hope you get a decent game for your efforts (and not inconsiderable amounts of ££'s)

That being said, glorified bounce game that is about fitness and experimentation with formation, so not expecting too much in the way of serious effort from both teams today. Just hope that the parents have loaded up on the aspirin to deal with the constant high pitched screeching from the thousands of kids who will be present, that I remember only too well from way, back when I attended the old schoolboy internationals courtesy of tickets sourced by my High School gym teacher.

44 minutes ago, B1872 said:

No im sorry mate but I disagree with that. His numbers aren’t good enough for what we need. Plus the reality is he was rotten last season against the scum when he played. We need better.

What I would say re cantwell our best spell under Clement he looked good.

If he's surrounded by good players he may recapture that form?

I would agree on big games that mattered he's not showed up enough 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

1 in 2 mate.

Appearances        goals            assists          yellow cards

64                          14                 12                  18

Even as his biggest supporter you can't think that's good enough?

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Appearances        goals            assists          yellow cards

64                          14                 12                  18

Even as his biggest supporter you can't think that's good enough?

The numbers are just ok and I’d want him to improve them yes.

He hasn’t always played in the ‘10’ though, Beale mainly had him in the midfield three. Not sure he played many full games for Clement either, it’s probably 26 in about 50 games worth of minutes.

The quality of many of those goals and assists is sky high for our level too.

Genuinely think it’s a certainty he’d be better with better players around him.

9 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Think I was Govan Front, like really front now I think about it (level with pitch material) . So must have been pay in. Thought that far front would have been good but prefer further bk tbh. He did get a good turn out and from memory 2-1 to us. 

Then unfortunately 7 years later my favourite player was taken from us. :sad:

It was a great atmosphere...he was a real hero to us.

9 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I know but depends who we get, we don't know. Say we get a replacement and he's no better/worse. We're still stuck with the rest of the shite midfield (excluding Barron) as I've not seen him for us. 

Diamonde, whilst different position hasn't been brilliant either, but hopefully with a preseason behind him will be better. 

I would get rid of Lammers, Lawrence, Hagi before Cantwell but unfortunately none of the other 3 seem to have an available market and Cantwell is the one that PC appears to dislike.

Dont give a fuck about his Twitter pish but the same people weren’t complaining when he was telling Hatate to fuck off and dominating the game against them when we won 3-0, sorry dead rubber so doesn’t count :confused:

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The numbers are just ok and I’d want him to improve them yes.

He hasn’t always played in the ‘10’ though, Beale mainly had him in the midfield three. Not sure he played many full games for Clement either, it’s probably 26 in about 50 games worth of minutes.

The quality of many of those goals and assists is sky high for our level too.

Genuinely think it’s a certainty he’d be better with better players around him.

I know you’re a big fan of the technical side of him, but you must acknowledge the guys a fud in how he conducts himself?

Think PC has had him sussed as a bad influence / distraction from quite early on.