graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

48 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

He told us about Beale before anyone else on here mate, so I am not dismissing his post. Time will tell I suppose. 

Don’t remember that at all. I remember Beales name being thrown around for ages before he was appointed and him arriving up to watch the Aberdeen game added even more fuel to the fire 

That poster you’ve quoted knows fuck all 

14 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Don’t remember that at all. I remember Beales name being thrown around for ages before he was appointed and him arriving up to watch the Aberdeen game added even more fuel to the fire 

Beale last time round and McInnes this time are probably the easiest tap-ins for anyone wanting to pretend that they know things.

15 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Not until we get the structure above him sorted he ain't imo

He’s had a shocker but I agree that he feels like a scapegoat. It would be ridiculous if the board just carry on spunking money on appointment after appointment with zero accountability themselves. 

31 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

My memory is not great now to be honest, but I am sure he said about Beale being the next manager before anyone else on here. I remember hoping it would be bullshit, but unfortunately it happened.

No big deal, but I am not dismissing what he has said because of what happened previously. 

57 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

My memory is not great now to be honest, but I am sure he said about Beale being the next manager before anyone else on here. I remember hoping it would be bullshit, but unfortunately it happened.

No big deal, but I am not dismissing what he has said because of what happened previously. 

He also told everyone to mark his words it will be Lampard, when it was down to Clement and Lampard so a 50/50 and he still fucked it.

Don't buy it would be McInness if we do change. 

It would go down like a lead balloon. The guy knocked it back once already. 

I get the argument knows the league should make us more solid etc.

We do need a solid base at the back. But we also need a more attacking high tempo approach. I seriously doubt McInness can coach that.

31 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Don't buy it would be McInness if we do change. 

It would go down like a lead balloon. The guy knocked it back once already. 

I get the argument knows the league should make us more solid etc.

We do need a solid base at the back. But we also need a more attacking high tempo approach. I seriously doubt McInness can coach that.

McInnes works wonders within the limitations of being Kilmarnock boss.

Take Kennedy as an example.

We would turn our noses up at him but McInnes has signed him twice because he knows the player can hit the byline, track back to help his left back, be available pretty much every week and will give 100% every time. Can play either side but usually plays on the left.

I’d have him ahead of Matondo or McCausland any day of the week. Might even include Cortes if he was ever fit long enough to judge.

Cue the usual snobbery about picking up SPFL players - how’s that working out for us?

I have no reservations about the positive and immediate impact that McInnes would have, subject to two major sticking points. There isn’t a vacancy and we don’t know if he would take the job.

Id love to see a transformation under Clement that makes us all eat our words but I think we’re too far gone now.

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

We would turn our noses up at him but McInnes has signed him twice because he knows the player can hit the byline, track back to help his left back, be available pretty much every week and will give 100% every time. Can play either side but usually plays on the left.

I’d have him ahead of Matondo or McCausland any day of the week.

Cue the usual snobbery about picking up SPFL players - how’s that working out for us?

I have no reservations about the positive and immediate impact that McInnes would have, subject to two major sticking points. There isn’t a vacancy and we don’t know if he would take the job.

Id love to see a transformation under Clement that makes us all eat our words but I think we’re too far gone now.

There’s been numerous people on here looking us to sign Armstrong for months. It’s a myth that our fanbase turns their noses up at SPFL players

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

I’d have him ahead of Matondo or McCausland any day of the week.

Personally no issue taking a punt on some SPFL players. It's like any other signing will come with risks. 

Same with manager if there is a manager doing well in the league like big eck at hibs before he got the job then it makes sense to look. 

I just don't want McInnes. He shouldn't be in the running after knocking it back before. It's one thing if he was in the running previously and didn't get it. But he was offered it and said no. That should be it for him.

15 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I’d have him ahead of Matondo or McCausland any day of the week. Might even include Cortes if he was ever fit long enough to judge.

It’s not snobbery, most people just know that Matty Kennedy is nowhere near good enough for us :lol:

15 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

There’s been numerous people on here looking us to sign Armstrong for months. It’s a myth that our fanbase turns their noses up at SPFL players

Yeah I would actually argue it’s done a 180 and people have came round to the idea of it, even more so given how Barron has looked (on the most part). 

the trouble is the past few managers and those involved in signings think otherwise. 

On 21/10/2024 at 18:07, NixonRFC said:

Next 10 League games before the New Year Old Firm

(H) St Mirren
(A) Aberdeen
(H) Hearts
(H) Dundee United
(A) St Johnstone
(H) Kilmarnock
(A) Ross County
(H) Dundee
(A) St Mirren
(A) Motherwell

Outwith going to Pittodrie, that's a fantastic run of games for a new manager to build up a bit of steam heading into the New Year, even with Clement I'm expecting 9 wins out of those 10 games, with the game at Pittodrie being the one I'm unsure about.

Winning those 9 games might not give us the feel good factor you'd hope it would though because there's 3 really tough European fixtures within that list, and the likelihood of an Old Firm cup final sandwiched in to, so if those games go against us as expected, toiling our way through league wins won't be enough, I'm convinced though that we'll win more points than the tims before the next Old Firm, but if we can't beat them it's irrelevant.

He’s not a new manager he’s been here more than a year ffs