Is Clement getting an easy ride?

He gets the benefit of the doubt but if he keeps making tactical decisions like persisting with Dessers or Davies and playing a formation that's so easy to play through with very little style then he'll lose his backing very quickly 

Yes !! There were warning signs last season. Though the time to judge him is this season with his players/new signings and tactics. With only a couple of weeks until the start of the new season and Champions League qualifiers it is extremely fuckin concerning. We still have a load of fuckin duds and need good players in desperately 

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Not for me

I think most people have now realised that blaming the manager for our failings every season isn't the answer and the biggest problems at the club are the players and the board

Not that he's faultless obviously 

His baffling selections and decisions at the end of last season is on him.

Said to L yesterday the board will take the blame for him because people like him but his decision making is absolutely fucking baffling and he's of the same opinion

2 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I don't think any manager we could realistically get would get a tune out of this group of players long term.

We've made 6 signings or so and I'm not sure what one of those will start, again it's easy to say ah but the board but recruitment is on him and Koppen.

He did get a tune out of the players but then some of his decisions towards the end really sealed our fate. Starting dowell from absolutely nowhere because he believed we would just turn up and beat Ross county or throwing him on v the fenians in the 3-3 game when he was struggling for fitness and it cost us there as well for example.

I don't know why it what changed but he seemed completely lost after showing a Walter Smith like approach when we beat St Mirren away were sterling played out on the wing and the team he picked was done so for a battle and it seemed he knew what to do and would pick a team best suited to the type of game it was.

Pretty flat with the whole club at the moment tbh 

He's had the plaudits when he first came in and got us in a good place. He's had mild criticism generally the way the season petered out. I've got some sympathy for him the way the goal posts seem to have moved with transfer budgets but he's still got 30+ players to work with and needs to deliver more silverware.

I do think he's a bit stubborn with formation, and has made poor decisions on starters and subs at times. That's his right, as long as he's winning shiny things.

He's now 3/4 of the way through preseason and with 2 transfer windows under his belt. As much as the Board deserve the focus of our criticism, Clement will also deserve it if we're embarrassed in Europe or drop too many league points in August. Two weeks time until there's no excuses and he's treated like any other manager we've had and held accountable for success and responsible for results.

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

We've made 6 signings or so and I'm not sure what one of those will start, again it's easy to say ah but the board but recruitment is on him and Koppen.

He did get a tune out of the players but then some of his decisions towards the end really sealed our fate. Starting dowell from absolutely nowhere because he believed we would just turn up and beat Ross county or throwing him on v the fenians in the 3-3 game when he was struggling for fitness and it cost us there as well for example.

I don't know why it what changed but he seemed completely lost after showing a Walter Smith like approach when we beat St Mirren away were sterling played out on the wing and the team he picked was done so for a battle and it seemed he knew what to do and would pick a team best suited to the type of game it was.

Pretty flat with the whole club at the moment tbh 

The most he's been able to spend on anyone who wasn't here last season is £1.8m and that's on a player who is nowhere near first team ready, that's where we are as a club right now. I won't be blaming either him or Koppen for the recruitment this summer unless we start spending proper money and those players turn out shite. They're working with both hands tied behind their back in that regard. If Diomande doesn't start to add come consistency then that's a signing that's fair game to have a go at.

Every season bar 1 since Gerrard came in we have collapsed at some stage post Christmas so for me there's more to it than tactics or team selection. I think Dowell is shite and wouldn't have him anywhere near the team but we were losing to them when he came on and ended up drawing so that result wasn't because he played and we bottled it at Dingwall. Again.

Agree on the last bit. It's going to be a horrible season and will turn toxic pretty quickly, I just hope it's the board who are on the receiving end. 

43 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Dessers will be his downfall 

Your not wrong there. But surely with the funds from tav sale whatever that is...there is enough to bring in eg (shankland). Because he wud of took at least one of them chances yday. 

We’re stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Probably will be a downgrade on Clement when the inevitable happens.

But the signs really are that is inevitable.

He’s not improving players across the board, if anything some of them are worse than what their capabilities are as his style of play doesn’t suit the squad.

Needs 4 or 5 quality players in to bail him out.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We’re stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Probably will be a downgrade on Clement when the inevitable happens.

But the signs really are that is inevitable.

He’s not improving players across the board, if anything some of them are worse than what their capabilities are as his style of play doesn’t suit the squad.

Needs 4 or 5 quality players in to bail him out.

It will be McInnes.

If Clement walked and someone else came in before the season started would folk say the new guy had a season where he wouldn't be held accountable for how we got on?

If so, that's ridiculous. If not, why then should Clement get a free ride with only the Board to face our wrath?

Just now, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

It will be McInnes.

I think so too and that’s obviously a big worry for me and less so for you as we’ve discussed before.

Clement has presence and speaks well but right now that’s about it - it’s not translating to what we’re seeing on the park.