Is Clement getting an easy ride?

24 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I thought he was decent, but here's the thing if every single player is so shite and can't play football. What is Clement or any other potential manager meant to do? 

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

They’re not getting hooked as a grand plan.

They are fucking terrible. Anyone with a shred of intelligence knows that.

Think McCausland was ok last night and he did put one on a plate for Lawrence and Dessers. They both contrived to kick fresh air. As I said I think the wee fella has regressed the longer he’s been with the first team squad. 

Maybe he will build his own team and they will play his way leading to exciting football and victory after victory. 

Maybe he will leave in 2028 a success.

Be some turnaround - I just can't see it. 

Or maybe we have another that speaks well and does great in interviews  

Who wants the job! 

5 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Couldn’t agree more with you.

I have nothing but sympathy for Clement who was made promises by our board who then went back on their word.

His pride is stopping him from chucking it and long term signings like Barron, Jefte and Imagane suggest he sees us as a long term project to right so many wrongs of recent years.

He has a rotten squad of overpaid journeymen, no money to upgrade and is facing a scum team who have every conceivable advantage going for them.

Our supply of youngsters has dried up and the fact that McCausland appears to be the best of them is a terrible indictment.

The absolute worst thing we could do is change manager again.

I think that Cantwell, Hagi and possibly Dowell will leave and free up some fees/wages together with the EL income we now know we’ll have.

I expect a few new faces but Sima, Whittaker etc are pie in the sky.

Agree with all of this. We always knew we had at least the Europa money though, so have we been holding out on making signings as we were hoping to get a level above what we're now going to have to settle for?

I expect a couple of loans and out of contract players, nothing more.

24 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I'm still waiting for you to tell me who said taking Scott Wright off at half times is a tactical decision?

Wright and McCausland are Both are took off after 45 minutes as they are shite. It’s stupid to differentiate that McCauslands is tactical.

22 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

So you would have taken off Cerny after 5 minutes on? 

No he should have hooked lawrence for sterling immediately and gone 4311 , instead he put dio left and lawrence into cm when we desperately needed legs , then incredibly waits 18 mins to pull out the tactical master stroke of a like for like sub 

13 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

No he should have hooked lawrence for sterling immediately and gone 4311 , instead he put dio left and lawrence into cm when we desperately needed legs , then incredibly waits 18 mins to pull out the tactical master stroke of a like for like sub 

This.

He did the same at Parkhead last season when Lundstram got sent off.

McCausland wasn’t awful, wasn’t particularly good either. Thought he was the best of the front 4, although not hard.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

This.

He did the same at Parkhead last season when Balogun got sent off.

And if Dowell didn’t have zero brain cells he walks away with a draw, Celtic were on the ropes after Balogun went off if we’re being honest.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

McCausland wasn’t awful, wasn’t particularly good either. Thought he was the best of the front 4, although not hard.

And if Dowell didn’t have zero brain cells he walks away with a draw, Celtic were on the ropes after Balogun went off if we’re being honest.

We were 2-1 down at time and lucky to be that.

How were we ever walking away with a draw?

McCausland runs about a lot but has very limited ability. Folk equate that to playing well.

14 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Wright and McCausland are Both are took off after 45 minutes as they are shite. It’s stupid to differentiate that McCauslands is tactical.

Again, who said Wright being taken off was tactical? Can just say you made it up.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

I thought he was decent, but here's the thing if every single player is so shite and can't play football. What is Clement or any other potential manager meant to do? 

We aren’t setting up to play to his strengths. He had a shocker, but we also never gave him a chance to succeed.

Playing long diagonals from CBs or 7-irons up the line from fullbacks might have worked with Sima who is all power and strength, but it doesn’t work with McCausland.

He is small and sleight, Clement hoof ball just doesn’t give him a chance. 

14 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

I don't disagree, I'd rather persist with Lowry or another youth player at this point. Don't want Hagi or Cantwell anywhere near the XI either. 

To be fair Sterling looked way off it when he came on too.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

We aren’t setting up to play to his strengths. He had a shocker, but we also never gave him a chance to succeed.

Playing long diagonals from CBs or 7-irons up the line from fullbacks might have worked with Sima who is all power and strength, but it doesn’t work with McCausland.

He is small and sleight, Clement hoof ball just doesn’t give him a chance. 

We play it along the deck plenty too.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

We play it along the deck plenty too.

Do we fuck.

Look at how the filth play in this league, or even how we played under the last proper managers we had (eg Warburton, Gerrard or Gio). How often are they launching it from CBs to a front line and hoping for scraps to play off of? 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

It maybe comes off different on TV, but he was absolutely pish looking at the game.

Couldn’t beat a man. Delivery was awful. Poor positionally. Crowd on his back. Hooked at halftime. 

It’s not that he can’t beat a man, it’s that he won’t even take a man on.

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Do we fuck.

Look at how the filth play in this league, or even how we played under the last proper managers we had (eg Warburton, Gerrard or Gio). How often are they launching it from CBs to a front line and hoping for scraps to play off of? 

Are you joking? The long ball from Goldson started under Gerrard, and Gio played shite horseshoe football.

20 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We were 2-1 down at time and lucky to be that.

How were we ever walking away with a draw?

McCausland runs about a lot but has very limited ability. Folk equate that to playing well.

Were we? If anything we should have been winning, McCausland should have scored/squared to Cantwell, Dessers running 20 yards being 1 on 1 and not shooting.

Dowell has the choice to play it across the box for a tap in and shoots miles wide/over, that was the chance for a draw.

You’re a bastard editing that after I’ve quoted you btw :lol: 

So you would have taken off Cerny after 5 minutes on? 

Play Cerny were Dowell is, forgot about him tbh or take him off , if need to make the sacrifice for the team.

Are you joking? The long ball from Goldson started under Gerrard, and Gio played shite horseshoe football.

Goldson’s diagonals to the wide men are a million miles from Souttar and others just hoofing it up the park to no one. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Goldson’s diagonals to the wide men are a million miles from Souttar and others just hoofing it up the park to no one. 

The constant long balls have been a depressing feature of us this season. It started pre-season and i was tearing my hair out against Motherwell to see us just punting it second half and immediately give them the ball. It was like watching lower league football and is not good enough for us.