Is Clement getting an easy ride?

I would expect a good manager to learn from mistakes and from what he sees in games.

Does he really think that his system works and that his players are suited to it?

Does he still not see that Celtic have used the tactic of taking set pieces quickly for the past 3 season seasons because our players always seem surprised and are still being caught out. Surely he must have pointed this out in the past and pre game to new signings. Has he not warned players about the speed of their counter attacks and the need to be in position to defend this. Then the fact that they target both wide areas but we leave these areas exposed.

I realise that we cannot compete with their pace but teams can counter this by not allowing them space to use it. In his games so far we have not done so.

When he came in a first heard him and a says oh ya dancer we have a right good one here. A real presence.

He's miles and miles off that same guy. Glasgow is hard.....it's a proper tough environment as an old firm manager. I have real concerns now.

Hope I'm wrong but a don't care how long he signed a contract until....that won't mean nothing if the fans really turn. Listen he needs time but hes making really glaring mistakes for me. 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Was his defence to the fans berating him really to say “we had 4 shots on target” ?

Looks like it.

Does himself no favours coming out with stuff like that. We’ve had more than our fair share of shysters and conmen over the years, so we have a pretty good sense of when folk are trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

Just be honest and say we weren’t good enough, but we’re a team in transition and we need time to develop. A lot of fans would appreciate and respect the honesty.

Coming out with nonsense about stats and shots on target etc just needlessly pisses off the support and comes across as condescending as fuck. Once Gio and Beale started coming out with that patter, the writing was on the wall.

6 minutes ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

Looks like it.

Does himself no favours coming out with stuff like that. We’ve had more than our fair share of shysters and conmen over the years, so we have a pretty good sense of when folk are trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

Just be honest and say we weren’t good enough, but we’re a team in transition and we need time to develop. A lot of fans would appreciate and respect the honesty.

Coming out with nonsense about stats and shots on target etc just needlessly pisses off the support and comes across as condescending as fuck. Once Gio and Beale started coming out with that patter, the writing was on the wall.

His post match interview reminded me of Beale today. Absolutely full of pish and I’m not sure even he believed what he was saying. 

The game was done by half time so any of the shots on goal / chances at the end of the game are utterly irrelevant and to keep banging on about the first 10 minutes just pissed me off even more

19 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

His post match interview reminded me of Beale today. Absolutely full of pish and I’m not sure even he believed what he was saying. 

The game was done by half time so any of the shots on goal / chances at the end of the game are utterly irrelevant and to keep banging on about the first 10 minutes just pissed me off even more

I think the support would be more willing to give some leeway if we could see even some improvements in performances - in his very first OF, having just came back from playing in Russia with 9 men midweek, Gerrard narrowly lost 1-0 at Celtic Park due to a goal where there was a foul in the buildup. We then beat them at Ibrox in the very next OF.

The trouble is that Clement has had five OF games now, and we’ve only properly shown up in one, which we lost anyway (cup final). That’s not even mentioning that we’ve went 2-0 down in almost all of them. No matter the personnel, we should at least start being somewhat competitive in these games at this point. It’s pretty telling that the likes of Kilmarnock and Hearts have given them far more difficult games than we have in recent times, and their squads are nowhere near as talented as ours.

6 minutes ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

I think the support would be more willing to give some leeway if we could see even some improvements in performances - in his very first OF, having just came back from playing in Russia with 9 men midweek, Gerrard narrowly lost 1-0 at Celtic Park due to a goal where there was a foul in the buildup. We then beat them at Ibrox in the very next OF.

The trouble is that Clement has had five OF games now, and we’ve only properly shown up in one, which we lost anyway (cup final). That’s not even mentioning that we’ve went 2-0 down in almost all of them. No matter the personnel, we should at least start being somewhat competitive in these games at this point. It’s pretty telling that the likes of Kilmarnock and Hearts have given them far more difficult games than we have in recent times, and their squads are nowhere near as talented as ours.

Gerrard’s teams had guys who didn’t fear them one bit. Kent (when he first came), Davis, Jack, Morelos, McGregor and even guys like Niko Katic had zero fear. You knew going into those games we weren’t getting a doing and if they beat us, they’d have to absolutely be on their game. 

Now, they just have to turn up. We’re cannon fodder. 

Looks like rather than the version of Clement who was successful in Belgium we've got the Monaco version who was unable to coach the side out of a slump in form and string of poor results. Difference is at Monaco he paid for it with his job whereas at Rangers he was rewarded with a contract extension.

The writing is on the wall, like has been said above we’re too long in the tooth now, we know the signs and we know how this ends. Rinse repeat. The games a boggy. I see no way out this mess. Clement is now a big part of the problem not the solution.  

There's that old saying about good players make goals, good tactics stop them.  Yesterday was an excellent example that we have neither.  Two excellent  chances to take the lead, but neither player capable of taking them. And a midfield setup that allowed them to attack at will through huge spaces.  I do think Bajrami is a good signing, but I still think a number 6 was the priority and not getting one as well was unforgivable 

He said he wanted to come here and be a coach, but I see little coaching in the team. We don't look like we have any tactics, the players all play individually with little connection between them. Contrast that with the movement of the filth, Kyogo dropping deep and Maeda runs behind, midfield/ defense works to break out of blocks/ pressing.

We had none of that.

I don't think he'll last until Christmas.

We're now far closer to being just another team in the league than a truly competitive half of the OF let alone the best team.

When the manager talks shite and says its just efficiency in front of goal that's the difference, our situation won't improve whilst the likes of the sheep do.  I'm hopeful it was just a poor attempt to defend how shite we were because if he genuinely believes we're close except for taking chances then we really have got huge problems. 

We've had difficult games on paper against Hearts, Kiev x 2 and that mob. We've failed to win any of them. Last season we suffered unacceptable losses to RC, Dundee and Motherwell (at Ibrox). That can't routinely happen again this season.  Clement simply has to consistently get results in games we should be winning and punch above our weight against better teams ie the scum and many of our EL opponents. I strongly doubt he can or will 

56 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

Like it or Not he’s here for season at least. As long as he gets 2nd, the board will keep him.

There's a realistic chance we don't finish second this season. I think we are in a genuine fight for second place now

1 hour ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

As I get up for another Monday at work after an old firm defeat, I just need to keep reminding myself of that Ross county result last week to get me through the day.

Nobody’s bothered mentioning it to me in work so far :lol:

Im getting the same reaction from people now that the Leeds fan gets from people in work when they lose. Nobody cares 

12 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

The ones I work with that support that lot haven’t even bothered texting me today to wind me up. Not one single one of them. 

No cunt cares anymore

The atmosphere was absolutely pish as well.

Just a run of the mill game for them.