Is Clement getting an easy ride?

1 hour ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Had gerrard not had such a shit start to that season, the tarrier mindset for Postecoglu would have been much different 

We had quite possibly the easiest first round of fixtures ive ever seen for us, no piggery, no trips to sheep, hearts, hibs or livi, our hardest away game was united away (we lost) and 3 times we shat the bed at home and drew

Had we even won another two of they 4 games and gio had us 11 or 12pts clear at xmas, their mindset would have been much much different 

That's a great point. 

8 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Managers deserve time when you can see that they’re changing things and that there’s a method to what they’re trying to do 

What we’re watching is a guy with a scroll of excuses changing fuck all about how his team plays or sets up and is expecting it just to magically click through ‘automatism’ or some shite 

He tried to say we shouldn’t be too down about getting pumped off the scum because we beat Ross County 6-0 ffs. Previous managers would’ve got hounded for that and rightly so 

This shite was red flags last year , its now clear hes absolutely fucking useless and  clearly incapable of learning from his multitude of mistakes ,

He claimed he was mainly a coach , fuck me we clearly arent a well coached or drilled team 

Aye I’m done with him now. Granted he’s inherited a shitshow but his press conferences are getting to Pedro levels of nonsense. We still don’t have a style of play or identity and it genuinely looks like we aren’t being coached in what we need to do. There’s zero plan B or tactical changes to change how a game is going. Cheers for the league cup but your time has come. Catch ye 👋🏻

A manager's job is to manage and since the turn of the year, he's not been very good at that. I think there's a mixture of him struggling to get his message across alongside the players inability or lack of desire to pick up and listen to him. But it's difficult to motivate players who simply don't care to be motivated. How long and how many games do we come away from saying the same stuff

"lack of effort"
"outworked"
"no fight or desire"

These are things you can't teach and it's glaring to see you could get the best man manager in the game in the door and nothing would happen because the players simply don't care. You can say anything else but when they don't care enough then we'll get nowhere. And too many people let them away with it. So I get the argument that you can't keep sacking managers but I think at least many people are seeing now that the managers haven't always been the sole problem within the club

42 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

A manager's job is to manage and since the turn of the year, he's not been very good at that. I think there's a mixture of him struggling to get his message across alongside the players inability or lack of desire to pick up and listen to him. But it's difficult to motivate players who simply don't care to be motivated. How long and how many games do we come away from saying the same stuff

"lack of effort"
"outworked"
"no fight or desire"

These are things you can't teach and it's glaring to see you could get the best man manager in the game in the door and nothing would happen because the players simply don't care. You can say anything else but when they don't care enough then we'll get nowhere. And too many people let them away with it. So I get the argument that you can't keep sacking managers but I think at least many people are seeing now that the managers haven't always been the sole problem within the club

Pure conjecture.

They’re just not coached well enough or good enough to get away with not being coached well enough.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Pure conjecture.

They’re just not coached well enough or good enough to get away with not being coached well enough.

Perhaps, but when you're watching games like Sunday where the celtic CF runs back 50 yards to help defend whereas out No.10 who's a midfielder, doesn't track midfielders near him after a game where we've routinely not even been 2nd best to everything, but just so slow and lackadaisical in everything then surely that's a motivation issue no? How many times over the last few seasons have there been games where teams have us beat just by working harder? 

9 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Zero faith in him.

His post match presser on Sunday was deeply concerning. We've got no shape, no game plan and no hope. Its bleak that we are here again with a manager 

This is what I don't understand. For someone to have won multiple titles....he must have had an awesome backroom team because he doesn't have a clue.

Just now, theiconicman said:

This is what I don't understand. For someone to have won multiple titles....he must have had an awesome backroom team because he doesn't have a clue.

His achievements in Belgium were impressive as well. He looks absolutely clueless with this team

7 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Zero faith in him.

His post match presser on Sunday was deeply concerning. We've got no shape, no game plan and no hope. Its bleak that we are here again with a manager 

Was delighted when he got the job mate but I can't see him taking us forward. I really hope I'm wrong.

As for his post match pressers I've given up listening to them. 

4 minutes ago, real boydie9 said:

Was delighted when he got the job mate but I can't see him taking us forward. I really hope I'm wrong.

As for his post match pressers I've given up listening to them. 

He was the overwhelming candidate at the time and I was pleased to see him arrive

After his post match ramblings on Sunday I'll avoid putting myself through any of them going forward 

I've been against the idea of him being replaced because we can't just keep changing the manager and hoping things will improve without changes in other areas.  He also did appear to improve things when he came in.

BUT - he seems to have a completely rigid view on his preferred system which is highly unlikely to work against the other mob unless we get a time machine and sign Patrick Viera and Graeme Souness to play as the two central midflielders against their 3.  He has also watched his captain get destroyed by Maeda time and again and done nothing about it.  The persistence with Wright after we had tried to offload him last year was another mystery.  

Nothing is going to happen right now, and frankly Guardiola would struggle to win the league with this squad anyway, but if we look miles off it again at the next OF game, he'll have to go.

That said, if Aberdeen beat Motherwell and we lose on Sunday that 8 point gap will be a major issue

It's the old argument, we can accept losing to better teams but generally we beat ourselves. No shape, no awareness of risk, no cohesive press and general lack of application. Despite a slow steady play to our game (which should mean you don't get caught out of position) we don't react to other teams. Usually other teams play 2 or 3 between our midfield and defense. Shuts us down completely and our midfield/ forwards don't capitalise on the numbers they should have. And we generally lose the ball and they are all over us.

Happens so often I'm sick of it.

2 hours ago, Southsider said:

I've been against the idea of him being replaced because we can't just keep changing the manager and hoping things will improve without changes in other areas.  He also did appear to improve things when he came in.

BUT - he seems to have a completely rigid view on his preferred system which is highly unlikely to work against the other mob unless we get a time machine and sign Patrick Viera and Graeme Souness to play as the two central midflielders against their 3.  He has also watched his captain get destroyed by Maeda time and again and done nothing about it.  The persistence with Wright after we had tried to offload him last year was another mystery.  

Nothing is going to happen right now, and frankly Guardiola would struggle to win the league with this squad anyway, but if we look miles off it again at the next OF game, he'll have to go.

That said, if Aberdeen beat Motherwell and we lose on Sunday that 8 point gap will be a major issue

We make their midfield look like Busquets/Iniesta/Xavi in their prime, if we'd control just a little the middle of the pitch, they would do nothing.

It's on the manager if these players don't do their job, train them, talk to them, maybe they need a kick in the ass, looks like Clement does none of these things.

43 minutes ago, NI said:

We make their midfield look like Busquets/Iniesta/Xavi in their prime, if we'd control just a little the middle of the pitch, they would do nothing.

It's on the manager if these players don't do their job, train them, talk to them, maybe they need a kick in the ass, looks like Clement does none of these things.

My point is that his system makes it very difficult for any two midfielders to play against their midfield three.  There is a huge space between our no 10 and the midfield pair.  As soon as they break into it with pace, they can basically just pass around them and be running at our defence

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Interesting to see Cantwell essentially saying it’s Clement’s tactics that led him to leave.

Where are you reading Cantwell's comments? That didn't take long.

The thing is, I can see myself siding with him even if he is a spoiled wee prick.