Is Clement getting an easy ride?

12 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Well this cycle will continue perpetually.

With the squad is such poor state the rebuild will inevitably take time.

We will never give any manager the time they need.

Clement will get time with the new contract.

But patience will wear our very quickly if results/performances continue as they have been. 6 wins in 16 is nowhere near good enough. 

Yes the squad needs rebuilt and that will take time. In the meantime but we've got to see the some kind of change in approach/tactic. Play to the strengths of what we do have until the players he's wanting are added. 

Sticking with the same approach and expecting different is what cost the previous managers. 

33 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

That's on the board and Koppen though? Looks like we have attempted to bring in a few now.(Jordan, McLean and Klaasen)

Klaasen just released by Inter Milan

Jordan at Seville on 60k a week

Mclean transfer fee and hefty wage.

Again, with our budget there has got to be a degree of realism where we go for players. It’s what has led to this mess in first place.

I thought we’d have a clear out. Replace the old past it average players with oven ready replacements. With that add a few money spinners into the squad and start on the front foot. 

Effectively what he has done was try and keep some of the average lot that went (he said so himself) I’m guessing Lundsram and Jack. Dip into his squad players (Davies, Lawrence and Wright) who are now starters and bring in some unknown youngsters to be squad players. 

squad players now are first team players and their replacements are the new squaddies. 

Bizarre

The style of play is pish.  We're lumping the ball up front, Desser's can't hold anyone off and  Lawrence is slow as fuck.  Wright is total pish and shouldn't be in the team. We just keep giving the ball away cheaply, players are out of position because they're all trying to rush up the park, and we don't have the fucking ball anymore.  It is fucking dreadful. 

41 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

I would like this post twice if I could. 

Excuses everywhere for what's going on at the moment and most of them are bullshit. 

The same posters all the time. They will refuse to accept what's staring in front of them until we are double figures behind in the league and still playing lower leagues brand of football. 

10 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Well this cycle will continue perpetually.

With the squad is such poor state the rebuild will inevitably take time.

We will never give any manager the time they need.

Why should we this clown has come in and all he has achieved is a contract for himself  he has no method or style not too bothered about dropping points our 5th game of the season is against the scum if he loses that i hope he is shown the door because i will shouting for it

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Managers get time when the team is winning.

We are not beating dross SPL teams and sometimes being outplayed by these teams.

That is firmly on Clement.

You don’t rebuild to this extent without it having an impact on the results and style of play. Especially when so many first team players left and haven’t been replaced.

As I said there are concerns, but the summer recruitment has been a disaster, the players we did sign weren’t ready or signed too late for this game. We didn’t move out the players we were hoping too, not quickly enough anyway.

It’s a total fuck up.

Paying to sack PC his back room team, and likely Koppen with no money to pay compensation for a replacement simply isn’t happening, not now anyway. You’d be limited to Scottish market, and managers out of a job.

So we suck it up and stick with PC or accept the extremely poor alternative options.

2 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Why should we this clown has come in and all he has achieved is a contract for himself  he has no method or style not too bothered about dropping points our 5th game of the season is against the scum if he loses that i hope he is shown the door because i will shouting for it

Already…really? :ang:

1 hour ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

See if we were playing well and the players were just shite you could cut him slack. But we are fucking terrible to watch and I don't even think you could safely say "if he gets the players he needs then we will be excellent" 

If I seen something in what he was trying to do but it was the players then I'd defo be for giving him a chance but there's nothing there..

We are a fucking shambles all over.and I'm fed up with the shite we serve up week after week season after season 

This is what I've been saying. I don't think he's improved a player yet. The group went through a better spell from October to Feb/March last year and then we fell off a cliff and have never recovered. So I'm not sure the "players he needs" will improve things.

We might buy some starters that will improve on Wright, Lawrence, Davies etc but I'm just not convinced the manager has it in him to put together a proper press, passing rotations and ditch playing Tom Lawrence in the fucking number 10 role (ditch the role altogether preferably). We've heard quite often that the manager likes players with power - where are they? I think Barron is about the only player who looks to play with any level of aggression in this team.

We played with some control and purpose during that initial spell after he came in but I can't honestly tell if that was a new manager bounce fluke or if it was something he did.

I’d be willing to back him if I saw a style of football that we just didn’t quite have the quality to pull off. High pressing, attacking football that you could see patterns of play.

Whatever the fuck that was yesterday was not a well coached team.

We chased out GVB 4 months after getting us to a Euro final. He wasn’t backed by the board and let down by the players, the stuff posted on here was disgusting.

We have been banging on, rightly about the same loser players getting multiple managers chased and the need for change. We’re now chasing PC out the door before he’s even had time to make the changes.

That will only end one way.

4 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

The fat aussie lost at Tynecastle on the opening day of his rebuild season

Just saying

He’s been here near a year ffs :lol:

FWIW although he’s winding me up with his ‘story’ and ‘we go full’ pish I do think he embodies traits we’ve seen in all of our great managers.

Right now it’s all bluster though, how he wants to play is fucking woeful and if he hasn’t already lost the players he’s an OF defeat away from losing the majority of the support if it’s repeating the same pish that hasn’t worked before.

4 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

I’d be willing to back him if I saw a style of football that we just didn’t quite have the quality to pull off. High pressing, attacking football that you could see patterns of play.

Whatever the fuck that was yesterday was not a well coached team.

Exactly, nail on the head.

I’m just about still backing him, largely because the alternative is almost definitely McInnes, but we’re not seeing anything competent in his coaching never mind clever.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Exactly, nail on the head.

I’m just about still backing him, largely because the alternative is almost definitely McInnes, but we’re not seeing anything competent in his coaching never mind clever.

I’m not sure I’m ’backing him’ now.

More an acceptance that he’s here for a while and just need to see what happens.

He’s absolutely hamstrung with the current playing squad. 

13 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

We chased out GVB 4 months after getting us to a Euro final. He wasn’t backed by the board and let down by the players, the stuff posted on here was disgusting.

We have been banging on, rightly about the same loser players getting multiple managers chased and the need for change. We’re now chasing PC out the door before he’s even had time to make the changes.

That will only end one way.

If we were just going to blindy allow a manager to build over a few years then we 100% should have kept Gio.

He had far more in the bank than Clement and as poor as we looked it's still nowhere as bad as the football we are playing now. 

We are literally throwing another generation of fans growing up watching us to the wolves. It's so fucking long ago since we were a dominant force over more than 1 single year. Soon it will be looked on like a rare glimpse of glory in the distant past.

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m not sure I’m ’backing him’ now.

More an acceptance that he’s here for a while and just need to see what happens.

He’s absolutely hamstrung with the current playing squad. 

I understand that viewpoint too. It’s not like we’re going to have a queue of exciting top managers if what’s looking inevitable eventually happens.

44 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

But the Fenian players were shite but that fat tramp still had a system you could see. They'd get beat but he had a system in place before he got the players to fill it.

If this is our system and we aren't winning games then he will be gone soon.

I've never known a time apart from the cunts who ran us between 2012 and 2015 the support and the club being so far apart on nearly everything. We are an absolute disgrace at the minute.

I'll be honest I normally always try and see positives, I always say pre season is about minutes and fuck all else, but from march last season to now I'm pretty much convinced he's going to be away soon enough.

He can't get the plaudits for bringing us into a title fight and then not get the criticism for some of the baffling decisions he made last season towards the end.

I'll be honest unless some miracle happens the league will be over in weeks and our season probably by November baring the Scottish cup.

It's a fucking shambles 

Their players weren't shite though they'd had one horrendous season. I think he deserves criticism but I feel like people are misdirecting their anger at this point, our squad is fucking shocking at the moment and nobody is going to do fuck all with it.

It doesn't matter if we have better players than Hearts either, we are every teams cup final.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I understand that viewpoint too. It’s not like we’re going to have a queue of exciting top managers if what’s looking inevitable eventually happens.

Honestly, it's a case of a manager who can play to his strengths. 

People are saying he needs to get his own players in, between him and Koppen they've brought in 8. Most are nowhere near the first 11.

That's a disgrace.

People wanted the experienced guys gone and most of them are and now.we are left with a team who look lost and devoid of any confidence 

39 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Klaasen just released by Inter Milan

Jordan at Seville on 60k a week

Mclean transfer fee and hefty wage.

Again, with our budget there has got to be a degree of realism where we go for players. It’s what has led to this mess in first place.

You need to make up your mind then? We need a good experienced midfielder in there, and that costs money. If we want to penny pinch on it, we'll get a disjointed midfield like we seen yesterday.

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

If we were just going to blindy allow a manager to build over a few years then we 100% should have kept Gio.

He had far more in the bank than Clement and as poor as we looked it's still nowhere as bad as the football we are playing now. 

We are literally throwing another generation of fans growing up watching is to the wolves. It's so fucking long ago since we were a dominant force over more than 1 single year. Soon it will be looked on like a rare glimpse of glory in the distant past.

To be fair at least Clement isn't towing the boards line and saying he's happy with the squad.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

You need to make up your mind then? We need a good experienced midfielder in there, and that costs money. If we want to penny pinch on it, we'll get a disjointed midfield like we seen yesterday.

We spent 2 million on a striker who can't even get on the bench.

We have spent like fucking morons...again

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

The football under Gio was utterly abysmal. 

I'm not defending Clements teams current footballing lack of style here. I can't as it's grim viewing. 

But the revisionism about Gio is getting beyond a joke. 

Gio should have been backed 100% but Bisgrove wanted his wee pal Beale in the door. 

Clement will need time to get rid of the pish and bring in the players he wants. If by then we are still chronic then I'm sure the support will have every right to give Phil it stinking.