Is Clement getting an easy ride?

Barring any ludicrous gap between us and them, he'll see out the season. And if he does, he'll be the first manager to see out a full season with us since Gerrard's title winning one.

9 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Barring any ludicrous gap between us and them, he'll see out the season. And if he does, he'll be the first manager to see out a full season with us since Gerrard's title winning one.

He’s leaving the season with a league trophy anyway.

3 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Something that’s massively concerning is that the players don’t look any fitter than they did last season, and that’s a worry after the way Clement made a lot of comments about the poor pre season and the lack of fitness last year when he came in.

Preseason lasts until the end of September 👍

Would hope the fitness improves a lot. Maybe they gave the players a longer rest after last season. And they’re trying to do it so we can maintain it over a season without the usual drop off. 

9 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Would hope the fitness improves a lot. Maybe they gave the players a longer rest after last season. And they’re trying to do it so we can maintain it over a season without the usual drop off. 

That’s all fine and well but it’s meaningless if the season is cooked by the end of August.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We haven’t looked sharp in pre-season or in the Hearts game.

Hugely concerning.

Didn’t Clement make a big deal about the importance of players having individual programs because a team one won’t push those with the highest ability enough etc.

He hasn't backed up any of his many big claims

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Good game from him today.

You wouldn't think so from the reaction of some throughout the game.

Good game?!

Looks he's hamstrung but he continues to play with a redundant number 10 and we really don't create fuck all. You have to play with the cards your dealt but he isn't reacting. Bar a 94th minute equaliser you're never coming on here and saying Clement did well tonight. 

Think I've watched a different game to some people. Was an even game that could have went either way against a team who put 9 past Partizan Belgrade. 

Could understand criticism of his team selection before the game, I wasn't happy with it myself but after how the game played out I'm struggling to see much negativity about that given how weak our squad is.

Jefte came on and changed the game and another sub Cerny set up the goal. All the talk of style of play, there was clearly a difference tonight with Barron going into take the ball deep making a back 3 with the full backs usually going higher and wider instead of being inverted.

Good nights work all things considered.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Good game?!

Looks he's hamstrung but he continues to play with a redundant number 10 and we really don't create fuck all. You have to play with the cards your dealt but he isn't reacting. Bar a 94th minute equaliser you're never coming on here and saying Clement did well tonight. 

But it happened.

Brought on Sterling who was great, Jefte who had a good game and helped us massively, Cerny gets the assist and shows why he isn’t starting as well.

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Think I've watched a different game to some people. Was an even game that could have went either way against a team who put 9 past Partizan Belgrade. 

Could understand criticism of his team selection before the game, I wasn't happy with it myself but after how the game played out I'm struggling to see much negativity about that given how weak our squad is.

Jefte came on and changed the game and another sub Cerny set up the goal. All the talk of style of play, there was clearly a difference tonight with Barron going into take the ball deep making a back 3 with the full backs usually going higher and wider instead of being inverted.

Have you met the majority of Rangers fans, it’s either all utter shite or amazing with absolutely no in between. 

3 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Just think most people on here moan about everything and anything at the moment. Who needs enemies when we have some fans like we do.