***** The Official Union Berlin v Rangers Friendly *****

1 minute ago, Amokachi said:

or even halfway to building one yet which is alarming. 

Tbf to him, when your current defence us swallowing up close to 125k a week in wages its kinda hard to add to it, any first team defender coming in immediately wants parity, hence why getting the likes of goldson and tav to fuck makes it easier to get guys in 

2 nice finishes from Lawrence and Dessers each.

Tav probably at fault for 3 of their 4 goals.  Legs have gone, head has gone, needs to go.

Jefte looked suspect as well.  But too early to be too critical.

Just now, DMax399 said:

2 nice finished from Lawrence and Dessers each.

Tav probably at fault for 3 of their 4 goals.  Legs have gone, head has gone, needs to go.

Jefte looked suspect as well.  But too early to be too critical.

Dont think Jefte looked suspect at all, had good moments going forward and had zero help from Cortes who’s man scored 2 goals.

Diomande will be the best midfielder in the league this year,

Thought Barron worked hard without being a stand out

That defense is chronic though, Davies is never a Rangers center half and Tav continues to slide. The left back position was a problem today also by both guys

How long does the big keeper get before he can expect some heat?

1 minute ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Tbf to him, when your current defence us swallowing up close to 125k a week in wages its kinda hard to add to it, any first team defender coming in immediately wants parity, hence why getting the likes of goldson and tav to fuck makes it easier to get guys in 

Not really an argument when we spend 1.5/2 million on a guy that no-one has even seen in a training pic yet.

More minutes in the legs for a lot of the team and a relatively entertaining game. 

Defensively suspect though, but hardly a surprise given that we haven't recruited a first XI player for that backline since Souttar and Ridvan joined 2 years ago.

Massive week in the run up to the Hearts game. I hope there's a couple of additions in early in the week so they have a chance to be in and about the squad for next weekend. 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Nah - we’re at the point now where the excuses about our shape being solely down to the players needs to stop.

Yes it’s a bit of both, but a good enough manager has the current players looking better than ours are.

Given 3 or 4 managers couldn't get some of these players looking good then at what point do we stop blaming managers until the players are gone

Tav for example, never a defender in his life, best attributes constantly getting worse, but we still have him for another 2 years on a near 40k a week wage, thats not on clement

We are 2 years past when the culling should have happened, gio and the board dropped the ball back then and beale made things worse

10 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

That’s too easy a cop out and you know it.

I'm not even defending Clement here and I haven't all pre season but lets be honest you've been on him from before he was even announced yet other people at the club have been absolutely chronic and you'll back them to the hilt because of their 'style'.

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Dont think Jefte looked suspect at all, had good moments going forward and had zero help from Cortes who’s man scored 2 goals.

He looked a bit Tav like at one of their goals at the back post at least.  Like I said,  I’m not overly concerned by him.  Early days there.  But we seriously need to get rid of Tav at RB.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Davis and Kamara instead of Barron - what are you looking for here when you know who our midfield was?

It wasn't though

We played malmo two legs, first leg was lundstram, davis and arfield, second leg swap lundstram for aribo

Both legs the midfield were honking

Bar davis (a player we all want replicated in the middle) barron and diomande have already shown more quality and energy as centre mids than arfield and Lundstram 

Just now, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I'm not even defending Clement here and I haven't all pre season but lets be honest you've been on him from before he was even announced yet other people at the club have been absolutely chronic and you'll back them to the hilt because of their 'style'.

I think I was keen on Clement out of the options we had.

But I didn’t like the long ball poor on the eye approach early on and hoped it was just a necessity to win games until he had a pre-season under his belt and more time to implement his own ideas.

If anything we’ve regressed and it’s even worse.

I like him as a guy and how he carries himself but the concern about his approach and some of his decision making is growing stronger and stronger.

3 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

It wasn't though

We played malmo two legs, first leg was lundstram, davis and arfield, second leg swap lundstram for aribo

Both legs the midfield were honking

Bar davis (a player we all want replicated in the middle) barron and diomande have already shown more quality and energy as centre mids than arfield and Lundstram 

I’m not 100% certain without checking but think it was Davis and Kamara in the Aug win vs Postecoglu.

Look you can argue Barron’s not a regression if you like but it’s not a view I share.

11 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

If ever a result painted a picture that is it. Much improved midfield and final 3rd. Calamitous defence. 

Our midfield is still sadly lacking tbh. We need someone in there that can dictate play. 

Don't think our tactics help as we constantly bypass midfield. 

We have no press and the team lacks energy/intensity. Infuriates me when we get a throw in and no one is looking for the ball, standing miles away not wanting to commit. 

Even at this early stage, it would seem if we are at least stay in some contention for the League the manager has to think about how he’s going to shore up our defence at least in the short term.  If he’s got to revert to three at the back or stick Sterland (if fit) in front of the defence, he needs to do it.  Until we get players in that he thinks he needs to play his preferred style, he has to be flexible and try and get results anyway he can.  He won’t survive otherwise.

26 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Not really an argument when we spend 1.5/2 million on a guy that no-one has even seen in a training pic yet.

That one is really starting to worry me. We don't have any money for players then spunk this amount on a complete unknown not to be seen and the manager says he's one for the future. Bizarre. I did like the look of him on his yt though

1 minute ago, Finny said:

That one is really starting to worry me. We don't have any money for players then spunk this amount on a complete unknown not to be seen and the manager says he's one for the future. Bizarre. I did like the look of him on his yt though

Has anyone actually said we have no money for players, i said this earlier in the window that we might well have money, just no room in the squad till we move on high earners, hence why loan deals are a go as they only take certain wages and are off the books in a year

33 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

No he really did. His positioning was poor as was his tackling.