Jefte

2 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

Seems will be useful squad player as backup in both positions.

Must say I thought Ridvan was howling last night

Prime Maldini at left back would probably struggle with scott wright in front of him

That said, yilmaz was poor, if clement is going with yilmaz then he needs to allow him lots of game time to get a routine, with the same centre half beside him as much as possible

Said this under gerrard (and defended goldson a bit with it) back 4's need to be unchanged as much as possible so they build an understanding, they begin working as a unti, they learn each others patterns, movements etc

Chopping and changing a back 4 is a nightmare for the guys coming in and out and having different partners

40 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Prime Maldini at left back would probably struggle with scott wright in front of him

That said, yilmaz was poor, if clement is going with yilmaz then he needs to allow him lots of game time to get a routine, with the same centre half beside him as much as possible

Said this under gerrard (and defended goldson a bit with it) back 4's need to be unchanged as much as possible so they build an understanding, they begin working as a unti, they learn each others patterns, movements etc

Chopping and changing a back 4 is a nightmare for the guys coming in and out and having different partners

Agree with this 100%.  We probably need to be more patient as fans though as its easy to call for Ridvan etc. to be dropped when they made a mistake or have a bad game but they won't get any better if they don't get a run of games.  

It's a nightmare though when every game at least one of the defenders has a god awful game, their replacement is just as bad the next game and before you know if nobody has any confidence because they are in and out of the team so much.

All in all though, I'd be happy to never see Souttar play for Rangers ever again.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

The “he’s better as a winger” argument has finally come true. 

Just waiting on Tav in front of Sterling on the right hand side 😂

Play Jefte and Ridvan and the left from now on and let them build up a partnership there, build some connections and give Ridvan cover.

Ridvan was poor but I think Jefte can help him and lets see how they both get on. 20 and 23 so have to think there's more to come there.

4 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

He’s done it a few times during a game too. Against Hertz he swapped Davies and Balogun on the famous 60 min mark. I’m not sure he even knows what his best CB pairing is. 
Hopefully once Propper has finished painting his living room he’ll maybe stop fidgeting with the defence. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

He’s done it a few times during a game too. Against Hertz he swapped Davies and Balogun on the famous 60 min mark. I’m not sure he even knows what his best CB pairing is. 
Hopefully once Propper has finished painting his living room he’ll maybe stop fidgeting with the defence. 

I've heard he's went for wallpaper instead.

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Yup, gerrard done it, gio done it, beale didnt have a fucking clue, hopefully clement settles on a pairing and sticks with it 

I never rated goldson anywhere near what others did, but I'll admit it must have been difficult at times for him to not only cover a piss poor defensively right back, but keep an eye on centre half partner cause you weren't sure what they were doing compared to the one you partnered past week

1 hour ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Play Jefte and Ridvan and the left from now on and let them build up a partnership there, build some connections and give Ridvan cover.

Ridvan was poor but I think Jefte can help him and lets see how they both get on. 20 and 23 so have to think there's more to come there.

This. You’d like to think a winger who’s natural position is full back will be more defensively minded when required (even tho’ he looked awful at left back).

6 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think that was a good sub. We needed more pace as Davies was all over the place. I don't think he trusts any of our CB's at the moment. 

13 hours ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

Can't defend like the rest of our full backs but looks good going forward & can cross a ball. 

I'd play him left wing until Cortes is fit again. Hopefully Celment tells him to track back to help out Yilmaz and we should be okay that side.

Not trying to funny here but how many times have you seen him play full back?

7 hours ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

Like the majority of our support, only appearances in a Rangers shirt. But can only judge which I have seen so far.

Looks like a natural winger, skilful and delivers great crosses, I also thought Ridvan improved when he came on.

On 07/08/2024 at 07:58, Albertz85 said:

Must say I thought Ridvan was howling last night

Our bread and butter is the league. Ridvan got shown up several times last year at corners, free kicks when he couldn't even jump the height of the guy next to him never mind above him.

Teams like Livi are stacked with a load of 6ft4 players and he'd be as well standing watching them.

But..........I think he'd do well played further fwd.

13 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Our bread and butter is the league. Ridvan got shown up several times last year at corners, free kicks when he couldn't even jump the height of the guy next to him never mind above him.

Teams like Livi are stacked with a load of 6ft4 players and he'd be as well standing watching them.

But..........I think he'd do well played further fwd.

Thank fuck Livi don’t play this season then

On 07/08/2024 at 08:03, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Mate yilmaz Balogun Souttar Davis Tav have been at the club long enough, if they’ve not got an understanding of each other patterns and movements by now they never will. 

• 2 weeks later...