Tavernier stay or go

BlueEdu

Tavernier - stay or go  

304 members have voted

1. 1. How many of us want tavernier to stay?

• Stay
    • Go now

1 hour ago, AGM_72 said:

It's not a factual post because he isn't single handedly at fault for any of these things. It's a child's view of how football works. 

The poster you replied to didn't claim he was single handedly at fault. 

But he has been a part of the problem of why his own medal collection is lacking.

18 minutes ago, King Jela said:

The poster you replied to didn't claim he was single handedly at fault. 

But he has been a part of the problem of why his own medal collection is lacking.

The twitter post does. Which he then replied saying it was a factual post. So we'll have to agree to disagree there. 

I wanted rid of Tav in the summer, he's been poor since the season kicked off but I find some of the weird stuff like the tweet in question nauseating. 

12 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

I find it nauseating that people revere Tav in some sort of light, like it hasn't been failure after failure, season after season. 

Under his captainship we have seen all of our records and trophy counts be overtaken or about to be overtaken. 

You can say Tavernier isn't directly at fault, but he's the mainstay and has contributed to season of shite upon season of shite.

It's natural that he became the focal point of many peoples frustrations, that list is effectively Taverniers time at Rangers.

And in all those years, all those failures, we've three trophies and a runners up medal to show for it.

It's abysmally shit, and many people's standards have dropped without realising I suspect, individual stats and accolades don't matter a fuck.

Some people only read the game mate (stats) instead of watching it. Which means they can't read the game at all.

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

I find it nauseating that people revere Tav in some sort of light, like it hasn't been failure after failure, season after season. 

Under his captainship we have seen all of our records and trophy counts be overtaken or about to be overtaken. 

You can say Tavernier isn't directly at fault, but he's the mainstay and has contributed to season of shite upon season of shite.

It's natural that he became the focal point of many peoples frustrations, that list is effectively Taverniers time at Rangers.

And in all those years, all those failures, we've three trophies and a runners up medal to show for it.

It's abysmally shit, and many people's standards have dropped without realising I suspect, individual stats and accolades don't matter a fuck.

Cool, that's fine. I broadly agree with the sentiment you've posted there, players were allowed to fail here for too long. His time is up, he's been pathetic all season. 

But equally, I can't take anyone seriously that makes all those things solely his responsibility.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Some people only read the game mate (stats) instead of watching it. Which means they can't read the game at all.

Think it's pretty unanimous that his time is up so would be interested to hear who disagrees? Feel free to tag them, I'd love to hear their opinion. 

3 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Think it's pretty unanimous that his time is up so would be interested to hear who disagrees? Feel free to tag them, I'd love to hear their opinion. 

There will always be Tav fans based on the amount of goals he scored. Just scroll back a few pages... Imo, he has been horrible since '55, and that's now a long time.

No matter who replaces him, some will always compare based on what he did yesteryear.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

There will always be Tav fans based on the amount of goals he scored. Just scroll back a few pages... Imo, he has been horrible since '55, and that's now a long time.

No matter who replaces him, some will always compare based on what he did yesteryear.

He was excellent on the road to Seville dont talk shite.

Nearly everyone agrees he shoulda been gone in the summer. Not everyone agrees about the angles of his shoulders dictating why cunts like matondo can't switch on.

Hope this helps 

3 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

He was excellent on the road to Seville dont talk shite.

Nearly everyone agrees he shoulda been gone in the summer. Not everyone agrees about the angles of his shoulders dictating why cunts like matondo can't switch on.

Hope this helps 

Thanks for the help. Cheers mate.

I think he’s indisputably a legend. To go from the standout in a team winning the Challenge Cup to the most important player in teams that won the SPL unbeaten and took us to a European final is an immense achievement. He’s been phenomenal for us through the shittest on-field period in our history and I’ll always think incredibly highly of him. 

3 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

The reason that all our records are being overtaken has little to do with football. Have you forgotten we were thrown out of Scottish football and  had to apply to be admitted into the Scottish Football League  and started in the bottom tier with a financial handicap imposed? This left the top league as a one horse league and the cups an easy capture.Then the in fighting , law suits and  the endless manager and recruitment fuck ups which have left us financially helpless .

With all this it is almost a miracle that since we returned to the top league we have won 3 trophies, reached a final in Europe and have single handedly boosted the coefficient of the Scottish Clubsto get entry into the Chamions League for the winners of ur league.

Blame a player for mistakes by all means but football is a team game and to insinuate that one player should bare the brunt of the blame for our rivals winning trophies while we were not in the league and then suffering the merry go round of managers and  horrendous recruitment is plain crazy.

Do people seriously think we would have been better off the last 7 years if we didn’t have him?

Hes been our best player by a country mile for 7 years yet people think he’s been the problem and it’s not that we were surrounding him with players like Juninho Bacuna, Eros Grezda and Ben Davies. Problem is we haven’t made a better signing than the one we made for 200k when we were in the Scottish Championship

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Most sensible people aren’t talking about the last 7 years though, they’re talking about now.

It’s not all his fault we haven’t won more, although he’s contributed with some absolute howlers.

2024 Tav is an absolutely busted flush. He can’t get up and down the park like he used to. He isn’t balancing out his defensive lapses with loads of goals and assists. And he’s just completely burst mentally against them.

Right now we need a competent RB, and a visible leader who can rally the troops when needed. He’s neither anymore.

Just on your last paragraph mate, I don’t think we have either available within the current squad.

Sterling has looked better in midfield than the limited games at RB and has yet to prove he’s robust enough to play 50 games a season, no idea on the new loan signing and Devine isn’t good enough.

The visible leader is an even bigger issue as I don’t see anyone outwith Butland that can fulfil that role.

1 hour ago, ayro said:

Just on your last paragraph mate, I don’t think we have either available within the current squad.

Sterling has looked better in midfield than the limited games at RB and has yet to prove he’s robust enough to play 50 games a season, no idea on the new loan signing and Devine isn’t good enough.

The visible leader is an even bigger issue as I don’t see anyone outwith Butland that can fulfil that role.

I had thought Propper would have been that leader given his past.

I know it's early days from him so it may come, but so far he doesn't look to be the vocally dominant centre half I had hoped for. 

He really should decide himself it’s time to go or take a step back before he damages his reputation any more as he’s holding the team back, whether the management think there is no replacement at the club is another blunder if they do.All players have a shelf life and better players than Tav have been moved on or retired,find it strange he’s not been dropped or used as cover.

11 minutes ago, the blue plumber said:

He really should decide himself it’s time to go or take a step back before he damages his reputation any more as he’s holding the team back, whether the management think there is no replacement at the club is another blunder if they do.All players have a shelf life and better players than Tav have been moved on or retired,find it strange he’s not been dropped or used as cover.

It could be that Kasanwirjo is the replacement at RB. 

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I had thought Propper would have been that leader given his past.

I know it's early days from him so it may come, but so far he doesn't look to be the vocally dominant centre half I had hoped for. 

Likewise mate, don’t think his start has helped him to settle between minor knocks and an unsettled team.

Hopefully the international break has given an opportunity for them to train hard and gel as a cohesive unit for the game on Sunday and future fixtures as they are coming thick and fast.

12 minutes ago, ayro said:

Likewise mate, don’t think his start has helped him to settle between minor knocks and an unsettled team.

Hopefully the international break has given an opportunity for them to train hard and gel as a cohesive unit for the game on Sunday and future fixtures as they are coming thick and fast.

Who was out for us international break.  Souttar, McCausland, Barron, Cerny, Bajrami that's about it ?