Tavernier stay or go

BlueEdu

Tavernier - stay or go  

323 members have voted

1. 1. How many of us want tavernier to stay?

• Stay
    • Go now

I'm not going to have a go at Tav, the guy tries but its gone for him. He doesn't pick himself, he's obviously been told to take corners etc. I see the effort but its just not good enough. I blame Clement for not adapting the tactics to support him (if he's going to play him) or swap him out.

19 hours ago, theiconicman said:

I'm not going to have a go at Tav, the guy tries but its gone for him. He doesn't pick himself, he's obviously been told to take corners etc. I see the effort but its just not good enough. I blame Clement for not adapting the tactics to support him (if he's going to play him) or swap him out.

I actually think one of the major issues we have is that the tactics have been adapted to suit Tav. He's an attacking right back, who's lost his pace and drive, yet he can often be found strolling about in the centre of the pitch. And not just when we are attacking. The right mid has to cover that area, the centre midfielders such as Barron etc have to keep an eye on that area. 

And when the opposition get the ball and do the obvious you've got a central half having to come out of where tav should be to close the space.  All the while you've got Tav wandering or if you're really lucky jogging back. 

There is no way that is decided on the park. So I think the manager is either allowing or worse wanting this to happen 

Not to mention, the manager must be allowing it or  want him taking, the free kicks and corners that he's taking which nowadays are a waste of time.

Ps I know there are one or two exceptions here and there where he does run back. But more often than not nowadays. He's not in his area to do his job.

On 04/10/2024 at 18:11, BuffaloUSAGers said:

I seethe every time he moseys over to take a corner kick. Actually seethe.

It's hard enough to score goals from corners but we're making it even harder having a guy who either fails to beat the first man, or lofts it completely over the box 9 out of 10 times

3 hours ago, donegal_ger said:

North of 30K a week 

Over £35k allegedly. Hopefully we’ve learnt from him and Goldson that these big contract renewals post the age of 30 are fucking horrendous business. 

Nearly got stung with another in Lundstram, Clement would’ve kept him and no doubts that would’ve been a massive waste of money also.

1 hour ago, STRUTH82 said:

The guy turns 33 later this month, he has a contract and is being asked to play, i believe he is doing the best he can when on the park, he has been a great servant of the club and will leave with a lot of great memories, his peak was the Europa League run, he was outstanding for us that year. However his legs have gone and time is up, Clement needs to grow a pair and make a big decision, before the relationship between Tav and the support is soured.

Spot on there mate. He's done really well for a RB for us with his goal and assist contributions. Didn't deserve some arsehole singling him out after the old firm game either. 

He's probably not the best captain material, and as I've said before he can't drop himself, but I think he knows he's done unfortunately. You can see it in him.

8 hours ago, crabbit247 said:

I actually think one of the major issues we have is that the tactics have been adapted to suit Tav. He's an attacking right back, who's lost his pace and drive, yet he can often be found strolling about in the centre of the pitch. And not just when we are attacking. The right mid has to cover that area, the centre midfielders such as Barron etc have to keep an eye on that area. 

And when the opposition get the ball and do the obvious you've got a central half having to come out of where tav should be to close the space.  All the while you've got Tav wandering or if you're really lucky jogging back. 

There is no way that is decided on the park. So I think the manager is either allowing or worse wanting this to happen 

Not to mention, the manager must be allowing it or  want him taking, the free kicks and corners that he's taking which nowadays are a waste of time.

Ps I know there are one or two exceptions here and there where he does run back. But more often than not nowadays. He's not in his area to do his job.

Exactly what's happening in my view. People complain about lack of service to strikers etc. When the striker is not that mobile AND the midfield has to keep one eye on covering for tav, what do people expect? 

3 hours ago, STRUTH82 said:

The guy turns 33 later this month, he has a contract and is being asked to play, i believe he is doing the best he can when on the park, he has been a great servant of the club and will leave with a lot of great memories, his peak was the Europa League run, he was outstanding for us that year. However his legs have gone and time is up, Clement needs to grow a pair and make a big decision, before the relationship between Tav and the support is soured.

If he cared about the club as much we did he would remove himself from consideration for selection. 

40 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Exactly what's happening in my view. People complain about lack of service to strikers etc. When the striker is not that mobile AND the midfield has to keep one eye on covering for tav, what do people expect? 

Tbh, our midfield is shite aswell. Barron has been decent. We've no playmaker. Diamonde is pretty bad also. 

The 10 is Lawrence who is ok, and scored a few. There is no one else. Teams don't win leagues with our shite midfield unfortunately. 

Steven Davis, kamara, Arfield, Aribo etc were far better than what we have now 😭

If we had a decent injury free LW, Bajrami (been really good so far) could play the 10.

11 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Tbh, our midfield is shite aswell. Barron has been decent. We've no playmaker. Diamonde is pretty bad also. 

The 10 is Lawrence who is ok, and scored a few. There is no one else. Teams don't win leagues with our shite midfield unfortunately. 

Steven Davis, kamara, Arfield, Aribo etc were far better than what we have now 😭

If we had a decent injury free LW, Bajrami (been really good so far) could play the 10.

All the more reason to fix rb and striker. Then when we have confidence in them, if midfield misfiring, fix that.

Aribo etc had a more effective striker and a working tav.

2 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

All the more reason to fix rb and striker. Then when we have confidence in them, if midfield misfiring, fix that.

They're so many players we could play, but we don't have a LW as such right now. If we play Kasanwijro LB, it prob means Tav is RB, unless Sterling goes there which means Diamonde stays in midfield, but I'd rather Sterling replaced him. 

Fuck knows. Or play Fraser LB, Jefte LW, Kasanwijro RB and Sterling midfield in place of Diamonde. 

Upfront will be Dessers or Iganame. But Iganame might play better off of the faster paced players I've mentioned. Bajrami as the 10.

12 hours ago, STRUTH82 said:

I honestly don't. 

10 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

They're so many players we could play, but we don't have a LW as such right now. If we play Kasanwijro LB, it prob means Tav is RB, unless Sterling goes there which means Diamonde stays in midfield, but I'd rather Sterling replaced him. 

Fuck knows. Or play Fraser LB, Jefte LW, Kasanwijro RB and Sterling midfield in place of Diamonde. 

Upfront will be Dessers or Iganame. But Iganame might play better off of the faster paced players I've mentioned. Bajrami as the 10.

I noticed Lovelace was on the bench for Lyon, is he fit again. Whilst I might not throw the likes of him, Fraser, Devine etc in from the start against Lyon, they can surely do a job against the shite that consists of the SPL, especially St Johnstone, Ross County etc. They wont ever get experience on the bench, so why not use Fraser at left back today, for instance and see how he goes. We've also got McKinnon who can come in, pretty sure he's played at right back and in the middle. The problem is the wings, but tbh with the squad we've got I probably wouldnt be playing that shape anyway.

14 hours ago, STRUTH82 said:

Good post that summarises it well for me. At the need of the day he doesn’t pick himself. He’s been a good servant for us but changes need to be made.