***** The Official Dundee United v Rangers Match Thread *****

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Think that's very generous Jim. 

Its all true but, yeah we can be better but given how easily teams have been opening us up, to not concede a shot on target at all is pretty good going, and had lawerence finished at least one more chance we're all buzzing at a good solid away win 

We're quick to pick on bad points, me included, so only fair to praise the team when they go to a cunt of an away ground and don't give the opposition a sniff

Good for 20 minutes. Goodwin changes their shape and then make the sub on 30 and it becomes a fairly even game. 
Had chances to kill it off and as usual we fail to do so. 
We then get pressed higher so we stop passing out and we go long. As usual Clement doesn’t change anything so it becomes a nothing game in all honesty. Bringing Bajrami on at left wing another nonsense. 
On a positive note it’s 3 points, Jefte impressed again and Igamane looks a real talent. 

Just now, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Its all true but, yeah we can be better but given how easily teams have been opening us up, to not concede a shot on target at all is pretty good going, and had lawerence finished at least one more chance we're all buzzing at a good solid away win 

We're quick to pick on bad points, me included, so only fair to praise the team when they go to a cunt of an away ground and don't give the opposition a sniff

Closest chance from them came from a wild deflection too.

2 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

I honestly think them creating very little was more down to them. They got plenty crosses and got around the box. At one point there was a stat showing 40 percent of the game was in our half. Our midfield struggled to control the game. 

I think most of us are delighted with the result just not as much the performance. Think we hung on at times and probably deserve credit as you say for holding out. Just think we're still a bit far off it still and have lots to do. 

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I honestly think them creating very little was more down to them. They got plenty crosses and got around the box. At one point there was a stat showing 40 percent of the game was in our half. Our midfield struggled to control the game. 

I think most of us are delighted with the result just not as much the performance. Think we hung on at times and probably deserve credit as you say for holding out. Just think we're still a bit far off it still and have lots to do. 

Yes, we do need to find a way to impose ourselves on the midfield. Maybe Bajrami will help with that.

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That 40% would be a lot less if dessers could actually hold the ball up.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Yup.

Bar 25 minutes the football was honking and 2nd half we were especially bad.

Clement will get results here and there but playing the way we have been and did again today we will drop more points and be on the back of some scuddings in Europe.

There's just no clear style or structure to our play and it's obviously down to his coaching or lack of.

We are stuck with him no doubt but we all know he'll be punted at some point when things stabilise off the park. Sadly we win nothing anytime soon 

We continuously work the ball across the backline then get stuck when it gets to the fullbacks at which point it goes hopelessly long or we turn over possession. All down to shape. Still don't see an identity and I won't buy this pish about his style being direct. If it is, I've yet to see succession from it.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Yup.

Bar 25 minutes the football was honking and 2nd half we were especially bad.

Clement will get results here and there but playing the way we have been and did again today we will drop more points and be on the back of some scuddings in Europe.

There's just no clear style or structure to our play and it's obviously down to his coaching or lack of.

We are stuck with him no doubt but we all know he'll be punted at some point when things stabilise off the park. Sadly we win nothing anytime soon 

I'm not sure that's true. We are definitely not slick and polished yet and do get drawn into scrappiness but there were patterns and the understanding will develop.

Can’t make my mind up on Diomande, no arguments he’s been awful lately though.

He looked promising when he first came into the team, which makes me wonder if he’s struggling with what seems an obvious lack of structure/tactics in the middle of the park. But then again Barron has come in and made the position his own.

Either way he wouldn’t be anywhere near my strongest XI currently.

34 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Good for 20 minutes. Goodwin changes their shape and then make the sub on 30 and it becomes a fairly even game. 
Had chances to kill it off and as usual we fail to do so. 
We then get pressed higher so we stop passing out and we go long. As usual Clement doesn’t change anything so it becomes a nothing game in all honesty. Bringing Bajrami on at left wing another nonsense. 
On a positive note it’s 3 points, Jefte impressed again and Igamane looks a real talent. 

Everybody we buy gets shunted to left or right wing poor poor management

24 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Diomande was honking, looking more and more like a rip off paying 4 million or whatever it was, should be dominating the midfield in this sort of game, thought he was terrible.

Reminds me of the skinny kid at school that gets blown around the playground when it’s windy.He is powderpuff