Board Issues

the goal machine

6 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Except that's not what he said mate. 

He said he would go in see where Clement needs more support and what promises were made, and see if he himself is up for the obvious challenge the next couple of seasons are going to be.

I should learn not to believe everything on the internet as gospel :lol: 

9 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Seems a pipe-dream. A number of bad decisions post 55 have fucked us.

They all need to park the bs and work together for the benefit of the club. Its fucking pathetic and the only people suffering because of it is the fans. 

We will soon become part of the pack again if we aren't careful and the scum will be marching towards 10..

On there heads be it. 

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

:lol:

Clusterfuck.

Nice of them to remain committed to the boss they’ve just given a bumper new contract to.

I think there will be some back and forth over next few weeks. I don’t see King just accepting the board’s decision here. Ongoing supporter anger towards the current board will help also. It’s becoming clearer and clearer that the governance is not fit for purpose and hasn’t been for some time. It needs to be sorted. 

King's media tour you would maybe think is to gather support ahead of the AGM? Although I'm not sure whether he can actually force any material change there so I might be talking pish haha. 

Honestly have no real issues with Gilligan or King being chairman, we simply need a functioning football department immediately. 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

What's wrong with Gilligan in the interim?

The guy was MD of Tennent's. He's not an idiot.

Terrible post.

That post was an exaggeration, I know sarcasm is hard to convey, but I thought the overuse of fuck would've at least done some lifting. 

Gilligan's a decent guy, great Rangers fan, you heard him talk though? He's of a different era, and his business practices are definitely as outdated, hence why he took a more backseat role recently. 

Thrusting another person into the job that isn't suited, and will take the brunt of any mistakes and fuck ups.

Kicking the can down the road imo. 

King will have expected this response. He may be many things, but he's not stupid.

No idea what the issue is with Gilligan either in the current situation, i think some on here are just drama queens. 

King had Gilligan in straight away when he got control. It's not gonna be a long term thing with him, but he's clearly competent, and loves the Club. 

1 hour ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Imagine if we got serious investment. They stinking bastards would be at the SPFL and the SFA going on about Financial Fair Play every week.

I genuinely believe this board and in particular the Parks don't want serious investment.

46 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

King will have expected this response. He may be many things, but he's not stupid.

No idea what the issue is with Gilligan either in the current situation, i think some on here are just drama queens. 

King had Gilligan in straight away when he got control. It's not gonna be a long term thing with him, but he's clearly competent, and loves the Club. 

No problem with Gilligan personally. But he's a sticking plaster at best.

We need external investment. Buying out the Parks and possibly King as well and changing the whole philosophy of the club.

Whether that's even possible or not I don't know but King seems to think it is.

8 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

Nice of them to remain committed to the boss they’ve just given a bumper new contract to.

I think there will be some back and forth over next few weeks. I don’t see King just accepting the board’s decision here. Ongoing supporter anger towards the current board will help also. It’s becoming clearer and clearer that the governance is not fit for purpose and hasn’t been for some time. It needs to be sorted. 

Agree. Plodding on and hoping things turn around isn't the answer. We need change

From Andy Newport's article on this, something that often gets forgotten about with Dave King for some reason

'King left his colleagues stunned when he chose to walk away from the chairman’s seat at the height of the Covid pandemic in order to focus on ensuring his South African business survived the pandemic'

Say what you want about Bennett, the Parks etc but then never bailed on us during a pandemic the way King did. Not saying he would be worse than what we've had to put up with lately but don't be fooled into thinking he's doing this for anything other than his own gain.

See the whole ‘we need investment’ thing, does that not go against the FFP stuff?

Are Man City not at the point that their owners can’t put more money in, so they are trying to game the system hence the charges?

Is what we need actually proper governance, structure and leadership from an operational board rather than shareholders stepping in to run?

10 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Thank fuck the board have prioritised the new CEO, really good of them

Only been 4 months since Bisgrove left 

In fairness to them it was because he resigned and the overwhelming amount of decent candidates Will currently be employed with a notice period.

That being said I have little confidence that they will appoint a suitable replacement as well as giving him free reign to run the club obviously within certain parameters.