Ryan Kent - Would you have him back?

Ace

Thankfully won't happen. We just got rid of overpaid players to lessen the wage bill so I don't see the board sanctioning spunking a large wage for someone who is clearly struggling.

In terms of ability he is still likely head and shoulders above our current options which is depressing but he isn't someone you would trust in the trenches which is something we will need more often than not this season.

20 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

He‘ll get offers from the championship, probably on similar money to what he was earning in Turkey. You’ve also got El-Effitaq too who could easily come in for him because of the Gerrard connection. He’s not coming back to us.

8 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

He‘ll get offers from the championship, probably on similar money to what he was earning in Turkey. You’ve also got El-Effitaq too who could easily come in for him because of the Gerrard connection. He’s not coming back to us.

Think he’s a stick on to finally sign for Leeds. 

Don't really get some of the vitriol directed at him. He was great for a long time and then went out with a whimper and left on a free. He wasn't the only one who had a poor season. The whole team was pretty shite and at the end of a cycle.

People go on about him like he's Stevie Naismith.

Guarantee we'll ask the question, but I reckon he goes to another Turkish team or the Championship.

I‘m not really buying the ‘downed tools’ chat about him.

He was stale, really lacking in confidence, carrying an injury and Rangers / Kent both desperately needed a break from each other. Always felt even when he was pish that he was working hard.

Won’t be popular, but I’d bite your hand off to have him back until the end of the season on fair wages. Miles better than any winger at the club, pretty good injury record, and allows you to move Bajrami in one. 

The Ryan Kent that was so effective in Europe - yes please.

We’re all continually whining about losing consistently to the scum but Kent (at his best) would put Ralston or that Canadian lab experiment at right back on their arses as he ran past them.

His ability is not in question - he is miles better than Cortes, Matondo, McCausland and a hundred times less injury prone.

Assuming a wage circa 25k could be sorted out (that’s maximum for me and anything more is a dealbreaker imo), the major issue is his attitude. We all remember how disinterested he was in the months before he left and the danger is that we get that version, not the one who could beat a man, pass a ball and finish with his eyes shut.

How you would be sure which version you get is impossible to say and that is the overriding problem for me.

Can't think of a worse signing we could make.  It goes against everything the club is building towards now.

Player who downed tools when he was here, hasn't been in any sort of decent form for 2+ years and will be on huge wages.

It would be yet another Cantwell, Matondo etc who used to be good but are now not.

1 hour ago, DeanMK said:

Don't really get some of the vitriol directed at him. He was great for a long time and then went out with a whimper and left on a free. He wasn't the only one who had a poor season. The whole team was pretty shite and at the end of a cycle.

People go on about him like he's Stevie Naismith.

Guarantee we'll ask the question, but I reckon he goes to another Turkish team or the Championship.

33 from 213 as a forward for Rangers is fucking dog shit. He was pish. 

3 hours ago, OrkneyTrueBlue said:

There's a reason why his contract was ripped up by Fenerbache, large percentage of our fans need to cut the apron strings with previous players. 

Wouldn’t read too much into that. They’ve spent 100million in the past 2 seasons.

Big money on wingers like Under who doesn’t even start.

They paid 8million just to get Saint-Maximin on loan.

Doubt there’s a single player in our squad who holds down a starting role for them let alone in attack.