Walter logged onto RM during the week

Amac9

He must have logged on and picked up a few ideas from us:

He dropped Broadfoot

Left out Darcheville, McCulloch, Adam and Burke from the squad

Played players in their proper positions (Even the subs)

Played Aaron

Played Lafferty up front

If only he could do this week in week out instead of chopping and changing.

But hey, we're fans and we know fuck all.

Why should any manager listen to us? We're just messageboard morons doh

... you take this view and yet you belittled my tounge-in-cheek article when I said we should pick the team by fan poll - double standards again! I just laugh out loud at the thought of Walter picking his team based on what fans say! :lol:

While Walter is not everybodys' favourite how about some credit for an outstanding result yesterday. And all of those who want him out, how about suggesting a feasible replacement. And a final point, did you complain when his tactics, albeit not very pretty, got us to the UEFA final last season.

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Either that or he took a blow to the head.

He has to get it right next week - that means leaving out Broadfoot, McCulloch, Lafferty(unless played upfront - which he wont) Adam....

While Walter is not everybodys' favourite how about some credit for an outstanding result yesterday. And all of those who want him out, how about suggesting a feasible replacement. And a final point, did you complain when his tactics, albeit not very pretty, got us to the UEFA final last season.

the same tactics that tossed away the league, and treated us to the most boring football i have ever had to watch since following rangers.

the same tactics that tossed away the league, and treated us to the most boring football i have ever had to watch since following rangers.

I've been following the Rangers since late 60's and while the season ended up falling flat, I'd rather have made it to Manchester than not, only ECWC win in Barca was a better season IMO.

I naturally wanted us to win the title but we have a chance to do that every season, how often will we make a Euro final, and how long will we have to wait for another one.

Yes we did in some ways throw away the league but they lied, cheated and used every evil tactic they could, they had loads of help from the SPL, Motherwell etc. and also the "Japanese Tour" was believed by the other muppets in charge.

So while you might blame it all on Walter, I for one thank him for the journey he took us on last season.

Try and be constructive, who would you get to replace him?

:rangers::rangers::rangers:

Great for him but 2nd is nothing and we didn't win the Uefa Cup remember.

The truest statement you've ever typed, ignoring the obvious sarcasm. Walter Smith won't and shouldn't pick his team according to the wishes of the fans. He has more knowledge of football in 1 big toe than all the posters on here put together could muster. That's why he is manager of the Greatest Football Club on Earth.

Great for him but 2nd is nothing and we didn't win the Uefa Cup remember.

I know that but tell me the last time we had a season like last.

I've been following the Rangers since late 60's and while the season ended up falling flat, I'd rather have made it to Manchester than not, only ECWC win in Barca was a better season IMO.

I naturally wanted us to win the title but we have a chance to do that every season, how often will we make a Euro final, and how long will we have to wait for another one.

Yes we did in some ways throw away the league but they lied, cheated and used every evil tactic they could, they had loads of help from the SPL, Motherwell etc. and also the "Japanese Tour" was believed by the other muppets in charge.

So while you might blame it all on Walter, I for one thank him for the journey he took us on last season.

reaching 3 european cup winners cup finals and winning one of them was much better than walter taking us to the eufa final.

I am sure people in Rangers read this site. I know the radio stations and newspaper do. The amount of times I have heard or seen things verbatim from here is quite funny.

i hear they monitor FF a lot. out of interest, what things have you heard or seen from here that has been picked uo? Apart from a few pictures? anything juicy? like smith, zidance, lovenkrands? :craphead:

And so do I, BUT...remember, that journey began by throwing away 2nd place in the champions league....culminating in a 3-0 drubbing at Ibrox by an average Lyon team. His tactics weren't great last season, no matter how 'well' we did.

... you take this view and yet you belittled my tounge-in-cheek article when I said we should pick the team by fan poll - double standards again! I just laugh out loud at the thought of Walter picking his team based on what fans say! :lol:

I'm not saying that.

I'm saying that this idea that managers have about fans that watch every minute of their team's games is just so ignorant.

I don't think for a minute that we should be allowed anywhere near the 'team selection' as a fanbase, that would be chaos and I'm more than comfortable with the current set up, but it's clear to me that our gaffer (and most others) think the fans are idiots and haven't a clue about the game of football.

And that doesn't reflect well for them, when for the first time in months he picks a team that most fans would have picked (players in right position, Aaron getting a chance, Whittaker in for Broadfoot, no McCulloch or Adam) and we record our biggest win in years.

Again, not saying we know one iota compared to Walter en masse, but his apparent mindset that all fans are stupid simply holds no water.