****Your official Rangers v The Accies thread ****

AlCapone

55 minutes ago, Smile said:

It's weird on here now as we seem to have attracted a hoard of new posters who can't see this forum is about having an opinion, they want posters just to nod and agree, this forum would be dead if they ran the place.

I disagree with you on most things, but I hope I've made it clear that I respect your opinions.

On 8/1/2016 at 5:01 PM, graeme_4 said:

Tav would be the first name on my team sheet after McKay. 

After the Smith and McCoist eras, give me a right back bombing forward every chance he gets any day. I love our attacking style. 

He was far too casual against Burnley, he was again too casual against Motherwell at the start of that match. He needs to have a bit more intensity about him. Some of his errors look as if he lacks concentration at times.

1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

Is it just me who loves seeing him get as far forward as he does? He contributed to 40+ goals last season from RB which is insane and shows how good he is going forward so why stop him? I'd sacrifice a few clean sheets to see him contribute that again this season.

When it should be a formality last year that we'd get promotion, I've no problem with Tav breaking into the box like that.

This is a new season, this is a fight. This season, I don't particularly care if my right back gets 15 goals in a season.

I want my right back to defend. Hopefully Hodson proves to be defensively solid.

27 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

O'Halloran is beginning to adjust his game a little, and it is evident that he is becoming much more nuanced to our system. He plays both wings now, and his runs can come into the inside right or left. More variety is coming into his game. In my opinion O'Halloran will be really big for us this season.

I think Moh problem is Tav never seems to want to link up with him, i think he could do well this year after a full preseason.

47 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think Moh problem is Tav never seems to want to link up with him, i think he could do well this year after a full preseason.

Yeah I noticed this last season aswell, I have a slight hunch that they might not get on purely because I have seen them dishing out unpleasentries or back chatting one another a good few times. Might get on fine for all I know but its just from what I have seen!

1 minute ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

Yeah I noticed this last season aswell, I have a slight hunch that they might not get on purely because I have seen them dishing out unpleasentries or back chatting one another a good few times. Might get on fine for all I know but its just from what I have seen!

If it's the case that they don't like each other ( I've absolutely no idea ) then it's up to Warburton to get that sorted quick smart, as it's completely unprofessional to take that attitude on to the park. I remember that Sheringham and Cole disppised each other and would never talk to one another at all but as soon as they were on the pitch on a match day it has to be put out of your head. 

MOH is exactly the type of player we need in forward positions when we are playing against 10 men behind the ball.

Taking people on, committing them and dragging them out of position is exactly what we need when we're struggling to get through 2 banks of 4/5.

Imo he's the sort of player that attracts bodies towards him leaving space for cleverer players to exploit.

The only thing that's got me on an every-so-slight downer, is that we don't have the new kit flying around for the seasons opener.

If I do wear the colours(obviously scarf is a must), I think it'll have to be this little beauty for me. Or maybe go old school? 

2012.jpg

94-96.jpg

5 hours ago, Smile said:

It's weird on here now as we seem to have attracted a hoard of new posters who can't see this forum is about having an opinion, they want posters just to nod and agree, this forum would be dead if they ran the place.

Your right enough especially when seasoned posters with over 20,000 posts post things like we " lost on average 3 goals a game in our last ten games " and some actually believe that.After all it is coming from someone with 20 odd thousand posts so must be true right enough.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Your right enough especially when seasoned posters with over 20,000 posts post things like we " lost on average 3 goals a game in our last ten games " and some actually believe that.After all it is coming from someone with 20 odd thousand posts so must be true right enough.

Don't forget we "lost half our away games last year" too mate doh

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Don't forget we "lost half our away games last year" too mate doh

Oh I forgot about that but must be true as it came from someone with 20k posts not some guy who only had a few hundred posts, I mean what would they know.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, sammy cox said:

Oh I forgot about that but must be true as it came from someone with 20k posts not some guy who only had a few hundred posts, I mean what would they know.

20k posts, struggling to remember 1 positive thing being said by the cunt tae :pipe:

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

20k posts, struggling to remember 1 positive thing being said by the cunt tae :pipe:

Oh there's a few more " Rangers men " on here not to dissimilar.Don't know about you sir but what would you think of your Rangers supporting mates or any other "Rangers fan " who would say such outrageous things like " Celtic would destroy us " maybe it's just me and the guys I grew up with but none of them would come out with such a statement. Then again everyone's opinions are different on here.

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Oh there's a few more " Rangers men " on here not to dissimilar.Don't know about you sir but what would you think of your Rangers supporting mates or any other "Rangers fan " who would say such outrageous things like " Celtic would destroy us " maybe it's just me and the guys I grew up with but none of them would come out with such a statement. Then again everyone's opinions are different on here.

I had a Rangers supporting mate tell me before the semi final we would get destroyed and that we would be lucky to get out of it with a 2-0 loss. Safe to say I never spoke to him again, nothing I hate more than people who claim to be something they are not. I'm not accusing anyone on here of doing that but it baffles me to see so many Rangers fans looking to praise our rivals and bring our own supporters confidence in the team down by spreading bullshit facts.

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

I had a Rangers supporting mate tell me before the semi final we would get destroyed and that we would be lucky to get out of it with a 2-0 loss. Safe to say I never spoke to him again, nothing I hate more than people who claim to be something they are not. I'm not accusing anyone on here of doing that but it baffles me to see so many Rangers fans looking to praise our rivals and bring our own supporters confidence in the team down by spreading bullshit facts.

I can only speak for myself and the guys " I know who between the group of us have over 400 years " of watching Rangers and not one of them would have made such an outrageous statement.Maybe we're old fashioned but at some point we have all been members of " RANGERS SUPPORTERS CLUBS" not Rangers moaning we nearly didn't score,the other team nearly destroyed us clubs " but as I say it's all about opinions.Aye right oh.

Sammy and Lloyd. Sorry to point this out to you but we did actually ship 3 goals in 5 out of our last 9 games last season, not and average over ten games but still worrying. We didn't lose 1/2 our away games but we did fail to win 9 out of 18. This was in the Championship. My point is I agree with being positive but if you don't face facts, even if you don't like them you will not address the issues and sort it out. I appreciate we have revamped the team since last season but we have not addressed the defence and if we struggle to break teams down we could drop some frustrating points, ie games we are in control of but can't keep a clean sheet or score from multiple chances.

I believe we will challenge this season, but only with a tighter defence will we come out on top.

2 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Sammy and Lloyd. Sorry to point this out to you but we did actually ship 3 goals in 5 out of our last 9 games last season, not and average over ten games but still worrying. We didn't lose 1/2 our away games but we did fail to win 9 out of 18. This was in the Championship. My point is I agree with being positive but if you don't face facts, even if you don't like them you will not address the issues and sort it out. I appreciate we have revamped the team since last season but we have not addressed the defence and if we struggle to break teams down we could drop some frustrating points, ie games we are in control of but can't keep a clean sheet or score from multiple chances.

I believe we will challenge this season, but only with a tighter defence will we come out on top.

I am not disputing the team lost goals but as you say let's deal with facts.We didn't lose 3 goals per game in our last ten games,we didn't lose half our away games. Facts this team will lose goals in the Spl but tell me a Rangers team that didn't? Rangers teams costing tens of millions lost goals to Motherwells,Kilmarnocks,Hamilton's etc.Lets judge,discuss,debate after the first round of games are played.Lets not dwell on what ifs,could have beens,and nearlies.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I agree it is unacceptable but when you look at how and when the majority of those result came 6 of them were in the last 11 games of the season when the team were in holiday mode and the league was pretty much wrapped up, again unacceptable but not as bad as it may seem, especially if you are suggesting it was because the team wasn't good enough ability wise. I'd put the goals we conceded and bad results during that time down to poor mental strength of the players, a lack of leaders on the park (which is something we have definitely worked on bringing in during this window) and also due to the fact we couldn't rotate or rest the squad due to the fact we had no decent back up in midfield or any back up in defence which is shown by the amount of times we didn't even have a defender on the bench last season. I don't think our style helps the defenders and it will cost us clean sheets in some games but I don't want the style to change, in my relatively short time I can't remember seeing this type of free flowing attacking football at our club and would love it to continue for years to come.

I fully believe we will win the title this season and that's what a club such as ours should be aiming towards.