**** The Official Rangers vs Partick thistle Match Thread ****

RFCRobertson

31 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

The 3 points were clearly the most important thing today but in reality the performance was still nowhere near good enough imo, especially at home against the bottom team in the league. Still too many players off their game and when you have too many playing together in a formation that doesn't seem to get the best out of them we get a performance like that. The better quality in our team got us the win today, Nikos goal in particular, but our overall play during those 90+ mins still didn't show any great signs of improvement since the end of last season or the opening weeks of this one and that's still slightly concerning. 

Couldn't agree more. Pedestrian and lazy at times. Second half was bordering on boring. 

After last season I felt Halliday, Wilson and Waghorn should be the spine to build the team around. We've let that fall to bits in the favour of big names on big wages and I don't think we'll recover this season.

King has absolutely nothing to do with any of the above. Warburton went and met these players. It was his business deals and by extension Mcpartlands - who has been hailed as some wizard wheeler dealer.

Even after a 2-0 win I can't say I'm feeling confident that we're going to go on an upward march up the table.

Lacklustre performance, and again, no imagination or guile shown by the players, or the management team.

There will be a lot of points lost in the weeks to come if we carry on like this.

He isn't Baresi by any means and this game makes little difference if any at all to how he'll fare when it matters against better sides but Senderos didn't put a foot wrong today.

I've been more than vocal about him after that shitebag run off the pitch against Celtic but he's got a clear canvas going forward wearing that jersey and today was a good start to repaying the fans for his disgraceful sending off.

16 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

After last season I felt Halliday, Wilson and Waghorn should be the spine to build the team around. We've let that fall to bits in the favour of big names on big wages and I don't think we'll recover this season.

King has absolutely nothing to do with any of the above. Warburton went and met these players. It was his business deals and by extension Mcpartlands - who has been hailed as some wizard wheeler dealer.

I thought you said it was too early to judge? :blink: 

First half was absolutely fucking awful. I can't recall when we were that bad. Absolutely brutal.

2 lovely goals tho. Niko is here about 8 years too late. He was unreal at times. And horrible at others. 

Poor performance but 3 points and sadly the news I've came home to from the game is absolutely gutting so the game now in the grand scheme of things means nothing  

First 20 mins was possibly the worst we've been all season. As soon as we scored we got a huge lift and went on to dominate rest of half and started playing some decent stuff. Second half was mostly keep ball. Wilson looked solid today and I'd certainly say it would be him and take your pick for centre halves (wasn't impressed with senderos). Kranjcar strolled it with some nice touches and a cracking goal. We've played a lot worse this season and not picked up the 3 points so hopefully this can be a turning point ??

Today was important to get the 3 points but the warning signs are still there and this result is just papering over the cracks. If Thistle had took some of their chances it might have been another story today. The defence is still a big worry, it was good to keep a clean sheet but ive no idea how good or most likely how bad our defence is until we come up against the better teams. 

29 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I thought you said it was too early to judge? :blink: 

Yes, its too early to judge on this seasons experiment, which consisted of bringing in big names to fulfill our season ticket quota and then some.. However the spine of our team last season including Tav would have mounted a challenge. 

1 hour ago, chris182 said:

Couldn't agree more. Pedestrian and lazy at times. Second half was bordering on boring. 

The last 20 mins was typical retain possession without effect stuff. We bring on Dodoo and Garner but make hardly an effort to get the ball to them or even seem willing to add to the 2 goals we already had.

21 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Thought Wilson or Halliday should have got MOTM, don't think Kranjcar was great.

I was thinking how Wilson has improved but also noticed how he easily gave possession away and almost cost us goals on a couple of instances. Still not good enough.

Thought Halliday was fantastic again today. We struggled first 20 minutes and then blitzed them in a 10 minute spell to win the game. We had a spell just after half time when we looked decent and were creating chances but then the subs on 60 minutes kind of disrupted that. Not the best performance but I'd take another 30 odd performances like that if it meant we won. ??

So last week it was possession blah blah, I'd rather have 30% and win 1-0. So we turn in a not great performance and win 2-0 and the same folk still aren't happy. 

It was a win and much needed and deserved win. Accept it for what it is, a first win in 4 while playing average. They all count and hopefully it's the end of the rut.