*****The official Rangers v Them Match Thread****

wearethepeople1

5 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

We tried to play and attack at Parkhead and were picked off with ease. I don't think we have a chance against them if we play the same way. Get 2-3 men round their attacking players whenever they have the ball and frustrate the life out of them, that's how Walter Smith used to win Old Firms, stifling them and hitting them on the break. There's no shame in it, they have better players going forward than we do in defence

fixed that for you

the trouble is that walter had at his disposal some competent defenders. 

we have hill, senderos, kiernan and wilson. 

if we sit in with any two of those 4 and try to soak up pressure, we will be 4 down within 30 minutes. 

Our only hope is to attack them and take our chances.  Be brace with the ball and make the right decision.  We need to play and do the things right that we did so well last year I.e small triangles and Wallace on the overlap. McKay needs to interchange with the opposite side a lot more than usual to mix it up with crosses. 

I would definitely have forester up be side the striker, his movement can be the key to unlocking the their defence

This is the first game in my life v them that I can't get up for.

Going to go collect my ticket soon hope that gets me going. I'm sure come Sunday morning we will all have the battle fever. Maybe il actually get a sleep the night before a game v them.

I don't rate them that highly but we are just far to flat this season in all aspects.  

We will do them. I don't understand the negativity tbh.

last game was a shocker but taigs first 2 goals came from our mistakes. The sort of mistakes that can't be made in any football never mind this game. Game is done at 3-1 once senderos gets sent off so what happened after that is irrelevant to me.

Am sure we would all agree that was our worst performance of the season but at HT we only went in 2-1 down.

The way some are talking it's as if that mob are unbeatable hahahaha. To see fans saying we need to play out our skin and hope they have a off day to have a chance. We are gonna do them so be positive

A 50% increase of police presence from the cup final last year will be deployed to Hampden on Sunday. Guaranteed about 80% of them will be in the Rangers end.

Mind you at least they'll actually be inside the ground this time.

1 minute ago, BF2 said:

A 50% increase of police presence from the cup final last year will be deployed to Hampden on Sunday. Guaranteed about 80% of them will be in the Rangers end.

Mind you at least they'll actually be inside the ground this time.

Yeah, won't be blocked by children this time :lol: 

Got a feeling he'll play the same 11 as last week. From his perspective it would make sense to play the same combinations the week before since their has been a lot of rotation this season. If there's a change I reckon it will be Windass for Kranjcar.

i can't see us sitting in but the back we will definitely be deeper than usual to stop them getting in behind Hill. For me if we can keep the ball better than we did at the girodome we'll be in with a chance. We played poorly last time, it wasn't just a case of one team being better than the other and that could work in our favour because they'll be expecting to dominate and if we can get on the front foot playing our game they'll be the ones getting nervous. We are fucking overdue a good preformance this season, so here hoping it's Sunday!

Think dodoo from the start could be a shout 

I'd go 

gilks

tav          Hill     Wilson     Wallace

Halliday

Windass      Kranjcar 

dodoo           Garner        Waghorn

3 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

If Wilson and Rossiter are both missing I'd go:

Gilks

Tav Kiernan Hill Wallace

Halliday

Windass Holt

Forrester Miller McKay

Gilks

Tav              Kiernan         Hill         Wallace

Halliday

Windass              Holt

Forrester          Miller                 McKay

Their Team likely to be

Cunt

Cunt            Cunt            Cunt            Cunt            

Cunt            Cunt            Cunt            Cunt            

Cunt            Cunt            

Rather senderos than kiernan tbh.  I would normally back him but how many chances can give the guy? In his defence (pardon the pun) he doesn't really get turned inside out by anyone he's just so prone to mistakes and shows no signs of ironing them out of his game.  

Some saying they hate senderos for the sending off against them but big amp done the same against Parma and still the fans loved him. With a run of games senderos should be more than capable of the Scottish league.  I don't know how anyone can put a not match fit rositer in the most important area of the pitch against the thug and lanky bastard, that's just asking for a repeat of September.

i want to see that Brendan Rodgers absolutely gutted on Sunday- cunts as bad as O'Neill 

8 minutes ago, bluenose_n1 said:

The best form of defence is attack

we froze at the piggery simple as that

yes they have pace but so do we and I honestly believe that we need to go at them from the first whistle

Totally agree. Get windass on the ball running at them and see how they cope. We can't be any worse than we were last time. 

It won't be easy but some of the attitudes in this thread about our team chances are sickening. Most have given up already so what's the point Rangers!

Fuck that intae them lads if its gonna be another mauling so be it but I'll never be scared to take them on anytime or place. Fuck them!