Ally included in celebrations?

A training session with McCoist seemed to consist of gathering round in a circle and all having a right good laugh wi the lads. 

And possibly the lowest point of the whole way back, the Ramsdens defeat to Raith, every Rangers fan sitting at rock bottom... Ally and his team go to a party, big Ally leads the karaoke and gets the drinks in as if nothing ever happened because he knew he could do what he wanted, he was still getting his £800k a year.

I did think we should say a thank you to him for getting us out of the bottom two divisions but the more I think about it, he'd be best just staying back and if he wants to attend a game then pay and watch like every other fan

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Employees don't tend to "choose" gardening leave. That's the employers choice. 

How do you suggest he stopped his gardening leave without being in breach of contract?

He could have quit at any time. He could have got another job in media / tv. Breach of contract? Pull the other one.

And what of reports he was asked by King on several occasions to help the club by foregoing his salary - but refused? 

He got paid for the full term he manufactured in contract negotiations even though he sat on his arse watching HIS team fail to get promoted. Charlatan.

No problem with him being at Ibrox, however, he should  be buying his own tickets just like Dave Smith and other legends.  

I worry that his influence with his pal Mini may serve to omehow undermine MW and DW in their efforts to modernize the club.  Thankfully almost all the deadwood from his tenure has moved on elsewhere with the most of ghe remainder, I hope, moving on in the summer.  

A legend as a player, a terrible manager and a greedy self serving human being, yet to make a positive comment about the current players or management team.

No, Ally should not be part of the celebration.

His part in "the journey" has already been celebrated when we picked up the trophies for the 3rd and 2nd (renamed1st) divisions and their subsequent promotions.

What we will be celebrating now is the winning of the Championship and with it promotion, by the folk who got us there in the season 2015/16.

That is from the Manager and all the way down to the lowest member of the backroom staff.

7 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Actually I was thinking more of the pitiful excuses and apportioning blame on others for his ineptitude  and the teams sub standard performances

For being every bit as greedy as the others who availed themselves of cheap shares - earning them the nickname of Spivs.

For spending money on players and wages who added zero value to the club and failed to do what was asked of them leaving his eventual replacement with a huge rebuilding job.

Managers making excuses for dropping points/losing? Well I never. None other than Sir Alex Ferguson has blamed the sun, the pitch, the officials and even the colour of his teams kit for losing games. 

So McCoist was paid at a level comparable to previous Rangers bosses. 

Off the top of my head: Maniero, Jeffers, Boli, Rozenthal, Prodan, Letizi, Gostomski, Gayle, Emerson, Ostenstad, Svensson, Bonnisel and many many more. All players who were signed, flopped and added no value whatsoever. Some never even got stripped for a game during their time at Ibrox.

If we are inviting Ally McCoist for his fantastic exploits as a player then we have to invite every player who attained legendary status from pre 2011. Why a section of our support can't differentiate between McCoist the player and McCoist the manager totally bemuses me.

Let's get this straight; McCoist was the perfect figurehead for us as a club when Moonbeams sold us down the river to that cunt Whyte, and for that I will also be very grateful, but for being invited as a manager that took us forward in leagues we should have romped is totally beyond the pale.

He shouldn't take part in any promotion celebrations.he got to celebrate all his promotions and rightly so

this is our current coaching staffs accomplishment.who have done a fantastic job making a poor squad of players into a great young exciting team. 

If Ally had done the 'Right' thing at any point and forfeited some of his huge salary for the good of the club one of the suits would probably have helped themselves, after all they were all at the trough, I mean that's why they were there in the first place - right! 

17 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

When you read a post, as I did yesterday, that Walter Smith 'couldn't lace MW's boots' then what chance does Ally have anyway?  I'm not going to defend Ally's record as a manager, but neither am I ever going to deprive his tenure of a context.

Honestly, who the fuck would post that.

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

McCoist played his part in our climb back up the leagues and he got the chance to celebrate that involvement when we won promotion from the third division and then the second division.

What we have achieved this season has been down to Warburton, Weir & the players. They deserve and have earned their opportinity to celebrate their achievements and they shouldn't have to share that moment with somebody who had absolutely nothing to do with what they have achieved this season.

If Conte rebuilds Chelsea and they win the league next season is Mourinho going to be invited back to take part in the celebrations? What about Pelligrini if Man City win the league under Pep or LVG if Man Utd replace him with Mourinho this Summer?

Club legend or not, It's an absolutely ridiculous idea.

This. (tu)

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Managers making excuses for dropping points/losing? Well I never. None other than Sir Alex Ferguson has blamed the sun, the pitch, the officials and even the colour of his teams kit for losing games. 

So McCoist was paid at a level comparable to previous Rangers bosses. 

Off the top of my head: Maniero, Jeffers, Boli, Rozenthal, Prodan, Letizi, Gostomski, Gayle, Emerson, Ostenstad, Svensson, Bonnisel and many many more. All players who were signed, flopped and added no value whatsoever. Some never even got stripped for a game during their time at Ibrox.

If you are happy with a Rangers manager using pitiful excuses to cover up his own failings whilst placing the blame on others - then no wonder our support is easily duped time and time again.

Ally McCoist was paid at a level comparable to previous Rangers bosses - who were leading the team in the top tier of domestic Scottish Football and Europe -  not the backwaters of Scottish football. As you will know from ST prices which dropped significantly there was reduced revenue coming into the club. Perhaps some of our legends, - staff and players - could have taken a drop in wages slightly more commensurate with the demands of playing in the lowest league in Scottish football.

As for "off the top of your head"  I would not add the likes of Seb, Kuznetsov who of course suffered critical injury - neither the players or the managers fault. Egil,Jeffers and Emerson were bargain basement signings forced on McLeish due to the excessive spending and extravagance of others which you appear to be defending with regards to Ally McCoist. And thats the crux of the matter - at the end of the day its the club which suffers.

3 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

If you are happy with a Rangers manager using pitiful excuses to cover up his own failings whilst placing the blame on others - then no wonder our support is easily duped time and time again.

Ally McCoist was paid at a level comparable to previous Rangers bosses - who were leading the team in the top tier of domestic Scottish Football and Europe -  not the backwaters of Scottish football. As you will know from ST prices which dropped significantly there was reduced revenue coming into the club. Perhaps some of our legends, - staff and players - could have taken a drop in wages slightly more commensurate with the demands of playing in the lowest league in Scottish football.

As for "off the top of your head"  I would not add the likes of Seb, Kuznetsov who of course suffered critical injury - neither the players or the managers fault. Egil,Jeffers and Emerson were bargain basement signings forced on McLeish due to the excessive spending and extravagance of others which you appear to be defending with regards to Ally McCoist. And thats the crux of the matter - at the end of the day its the club which suffers.

It doesn't matter where you manage Rangers, you are Rangers manager. It appears to me that Ally was out of his league as a manager, but he's not unique in that. I bet you would take the job if you were offered it? He was offered the job, he believed himself to be capable of being successful in what is a hugely rewarding job if you get it right. I wanted him to get it right, just like I hope every manager of Rangers to get it right. I personally think it's hard to judge his role as manager as if it happened in an conventional context. A manager is in most cases only as good as the board he is under. I suspect Ally may not have been good as a manager under normal circumstances, but we will never know for sure.

6 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Making excuses is why we're so easily duped and then you proceed to go on and make excuses for others re: signings. 

McCoists deal was tuped over and as such had certain protections. Was there any attempts made to negotiate his deal down by the club? Or did it wait until McCoist volunteered to cut his salary? 

Where have I defended extravagance and excessive spending ITT?