Ally included in celebrations?

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Le Guen was "mutual consensted" and had no contractual notice period in his contract. He could have walked with a payout, and likely missed out on the PSG job due to the negotiations or went without and walked straight into it.

He may not have had contracted notice period but he held a 3 year contract, Murray clearly wanted rid he could have forced the club into a pay off or go through the courts to agree the payout. Bit like Leven and the SFA.

3 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Statistics don't tell the true story.

Ally lost 4 out of 5 against Championship teams that finished in the top 4

Stuart at least eliminated QOTS and Hibs before crashing and that was with the benefit of a whole few weeks to make his mark

Lost four out of five but still had a better record in the championship than McCall. And that's without even mentioning the fucking humiliation that was Motherwell. 

But Rangers fans should not forget the role McCoist played in the rebirth of the club.

Gannon can go and do one as well. I don't mind him suggesting that maybe we should show our appreciation to Ally for holding the Club together, a job that he was extremely well paid for, but then Gannon reverts to type by the comment in bold.

The media in Scotland just cant forgo the chance to have a dig at us in most of the reports they make.

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

He may not have had contracted notice period but he held a 3 year contract, Murray clearly wanted rid he could have forced the club into a pay off or go through the courts to agree the payout. Bit like Leven and the SFA.

He could have but PLG had already been sounded out about another job and couldn't get out of Glasgow quick enough. 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He could have but PLG had already been sounded out about another job and couldn't get out of Glasgow quick enough. 

And McCoist could have went straight back into his media work but chose instead to do nothing for 12 months. He'd rather take much needed funds from the club...hence my point.

Both were entitled to take the money, one did and one didn't...the Rangers man did.

14 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Been making me cringe seeing posts on facebook from people suggesting the ones who dislike McCoist are not real Rangers supporters! Also sick of this myth that without McCoist we wouldn't be here today. 

To be fair it was Rangers fans ourselves who were complicit in this attitude, the whole "we don't do walking away" line, that was Ally who said it but on behalf of us all, we clung to him from that, we would still be here but itnwas the fans who made that notion believable.

8 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

And McCoist could have went straight back into his media work but chose instead to do nothing for 12 months. He'd rather take much needed funds from the club...hence my point.

Both were entitled to take the money, one did and one didn't...the Rangers man did.

Did McCoist have offers to go back to TV work or are we guessing that he could have went straight back to his media work? Were the board at the time willing to allow him to go elsewhere without receiving compensation for breaking his contract? 

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Lost four out of five but still had a better record in the championship than McCall. And that's without even mentioning the fucking humiliation that was Motherwell. 

I will never agree that Ally is a better manager than McCall and the statistics are useless because of the different time scales involved.

We will just have to disagree and to be honest it is a fairly pointless argument in any case  because as I said right at the start most people do not want him back because of what he did after his time as manager not during it

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Did McCoist have offers to go back to TV work or are we guessing that he could have went straight back to his media work? Were the board at the time willing to allow him to go elsewhere without receiving compensation for breaking his contract? 

I'm out doh really @The Dude the board would rather pay him £80k a month to stay and do nothing? Is this the confidentiality clause that's stopping Ally spilling the beans and explaining why we should all believe he's such a stand up guy!

I know you like arguing the point for the sake of it, but I'm not self employed so I don't have time for that, and the Masters has started.

4 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

I will never agree that Ally is a better manager than McCall and the statistics are useless because of the different time scales involved.

We will just have to disagree and to be honest it is a fairly pointless argument in any case  because as I said right at the start most people do not want him back because of what he did after his time as manager not during it

Honouring his contract? 

As I said earlier about loyalty. We demand it but refuse to give it in return. 

Ally is bombproof with many .The irony is ,we are so dignified as a support ,he could probably run onto pitch ,give us the Vicky and only handful of booing would be heard .When the reality is .Id say 60% don't want the guy to show face for years at best 

This is a question that clearly polarises our support. The last few years I began to find myself really hating him; however, now, with a clear head I realise that he is a Rangers legend. Some of my greatest moments supporting Rangers have been achieved as a direct result of Ally and his goals. His management was a disaster, that is obvious, but he did indeed have to manage us under incredibly difficult circumstances. As has been mentioned before, we don't know exactly what was happening behind the scenes, and in time I hope he will be able to explain things fully. Until he does  this there will still be a part of me that views him a little suspiciously.

People aren't happy with what he has said and done in recent years, but I don't have any doubt that he is a Bear through and through, despite everything . So should he be included in the celebrations?...yes!...why?..because he is a Rangers legend, and we should never forget that.  I hope he is there at our final home game, and I hope we can put the bitterness of the past behind us once and for all, and finally move on as a united Rangers and a united support. If we are to be successful then we have to move forward as one.

2 hours ago, _mcv_ said:

I think Ally also hated the board at the time, so thought fuck it, why should I save them cunts any money, I'll claim whats mine.

Once he saw the new board were sound, he made a deal.

He only took  a 'deal' when it suited him, ie he got a job at BT.

6 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I'm out doh really @The Dude the board would rather pay him £80k a month to stay and do nothing? Is this the confidentiality clause that's stopping Ally spilling the beans and explaining why we should all believe he's such a stand up guy!

I know you like arguing the point for the sake of it, but I'm not self employed so I don't have time for that, and the Masters has started.

Aye you're right. Our board would never pull something like that. It's not like they hired a certain PR company (who didn't do a single thing for the club yet got paid) because Llambias was involved with them. Nor did they give away any income we would have received from kit sponsorship as security for a loan which we couldn't fully draw down. 

Do you think they wouldn't have been happy for McCoist to sit at home getting paid, knowing fine well it would get supporters backs up and divert attention away from their own actions? 

34 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I've no issue with someone exercising their contractual right, but don't tell me you didn't know what your wage was or try to have it hidden, and don't tell me you're a Rangers man. 

McCoist looks after McCoist, and that's it.

What's Warburton's wage? What was Smith's, McLeish's or Advocaat's? None of those appeared in official accounts. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye you're right. Our board would never pull something like that. It's not like they hired a certain PR company (who didn't do a single thing for the club yet got paid) because Llambias was involved with them. Nor did they give away any income we would have received from kit sponsorship as security for a loan which we couldn't fully draw down. 

Do you think they wouldn't have been happy for McCoist to sit at home getting paid, knowing fine well it would get supporters backs up and divert attention away from their own actions? 

He didn't have to play along with their scheme if that was the case

Just now, folkestoneger said:

He didn't have to play along with their scheme if that was the case

So he breaks his contract like Naismith and the rest and leaves himself open to legal action?

Rich man or not is that a particularly sensible course of action to take? 

don't think he should be included. he didn't win us it. in fact it's his fault we didn't win it last season. alright we won the 3rd division/league one under his management but a donkey could've done that with the players/budget we had. 

i just can't stand him anymore. he was a great player for us but just can't forgive him for that dross last season. what an embarrassment. or for taking all that money when we were struggling. no saying he should've done it for free but he was being paid way too much. if he really cared for the club he'd have spoke to someone and said here i can't be taking this. i feel it could go to better use elsewhere in the club. then after all his "we don't do walking away" shite, he did just that and left McDowall in charge. now he's out there talking up the bheasts and brown nosing his wee pal lennon. 

i'd much rather he was never involve with our club again. if he wants to come to ibrox then fine but he can buy his own ticket. shouldn't be given free tickets after the amount of money he happily took of us.