*** The Official Rangers V Ross County Match Thread ***

ForeverAndEver

2 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

I'd picked the very same players but with a back three. Kiernan only remains because I've never seen Bates play.

Yeah, I don't trust Kiernan in defence although I don't think he's a terrible footballer and may well do better slight further forward. Ideally we'd have an actual fit CDM but we have to work with what we've got. Senderos is in because I don't know if Wilson is fit. Although Wilson is another who can't judge the flight of a ball. Also prefer the idea of a narrower midfield with two strikers. We continually push players out wide who are completely ineffective. Barrie McKay is the only one who has been slightly effective on the left but I think his best play comes though the middle. He has the ability to unlock a defence with a decent through ball. Toral starts for me too but I'm not convinced by him yet. Seems to be a confidence player so hopefully he can grab a goal tomorrow. 

I honestly despair if Kiernan starts over Wilson. Two good games at home to Aberdeen and Hearts and to a man almost everyone on here rated him the better player. When he's switched on Danny Wilson is a million times the player, fuck i'd even play that shitebag Senderos before Kiernan. 

Cant even get my hopes up for Halliday being dropped, there's no other dms. But then again, we should be able to play without one at home to Ross fucking County, put away record against top sides is rightly being criticised now, but the fact we still haven't beaten this lot is just criminal. 

7 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Senderos is in because I don't know if Wilson is fit. Although Wilson is another who can't judge the flight of a ball...

I had assumed Wilson wasn't fit, haven't heard any positive update. It would make a back three choice a bit easier if he was available too.

Completely agree with his hopelessness in the air, but he doesn't look as lost as Kiernan does all the time. 

30 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

Thing is if we had a proper winger on the right and a better player than Waghorn against hearts we would have caused them all sorts of problems. The amount of space Waghorn had only for him to be too slow to get past anyone and then lose the ball was unforgivable!

Is Waghorn playing out of position or something? He doesn't look a natural winger, Warburton has done this a few times. 

He told Kiernan to be a CB when he started playing football

Hodson was told to be a full back rather than a striker when he started playing

Halliday has been changed from a winger to being a CDM 

so it wouldn't surprise me if he had. 

14 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Is Waghorn playing out of position or something? He doesn't look a natural winger, Warburton has done this a few times. 

He told Kiernan to be a CB when he started playing football

Hodson was told to be a full back rather than a striker when he started playing

Halliday has been changed from a winger to being a CDM 

so it wouldn't surprise me if he had. 

Foderingham is now  playing at CF because of his height.

2 hours ago, Frank Harrison said:

Foderingham

Hodson Hill

Hyndman

McKay Miller

I'd also drop Miller, he was as bad as anyone at Tynecastle. 

Plus then we can enter 5s tournaments at Goals Clydebank. Might be in with a shout of a trophy.

41 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

Yeah I'd say just short of 50,000 although a few posters on here who have season tickets etc have said they aren't going so not sure if that includes returns or that?

I think it's just a handful really, sure 99% of fans will still go. 

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I sat and watched that game again in the early hours, (new baby loves to cry) watching again was excruciating but wanted to see if there was a glimmer of hope, I would say, considering how we finished the first half it is bewildering how we collapsed.

It is quite obvious we have absolutely no back bone or steel in the team; Keirnan simply cannot start, Halliday cannot start as the holding midfielder…..if at all. So for me if these two fundamentals are not changed for Saturday or at minimum a formation change and he trots out the same team with all its inconsistencies, then MW really isn’t learning. Corporate sound bites 7 platitudes can’t smooth the results.

I want him to succeed but he has to now show us something different, some flexibility, as doing the same thing over and over will drive us all insane.