*** The Official Rangers V Ross County Match Thread ***

ForeverAndEver

Must surely have been very lively at the Rangers Training Centre this morning.    The lot of them watching the video of the game from last night.  Must have been like a horror movie.   They should have paid to watch it.  Maybe we'll have had more of the group discussions that Warburton often refers to, where people say it as the see it and as they feel it.  They all have a good row, promise to do better, commit to providing the right response on Saturday then go off and do some fun-stuff training having solved (in their minds) the problems of rank bad performance.     The full and frank discussions saw the end of Barton though as Warburton fled for cover under the skirts of the disciplinary handbook, so I guess that might temper the line taken by the more experienced players in any frank exchanges of views.   Or maybe not.  

Team for Saturday?  Warburton might want to hedge his bets (he was a financial trader after all) and look to be able to spread the blame if the game results in points being dropped.   So Senderos is good for being a fall guy.  So are Kiernan and Halliday.   So those 3 might play.   Now that we know he needs to give primary consideration over the interests of his employer Rangers to the welfare of the loan players perhaps Toral is rested and replaced by Holt and Toral then replaces Hyndman in the 60th minute regardless of how the game is going.    Dodoo for Miller perhaps.   McKay benched to protect him and replaced by Forrester who is more expendable as a fall guy.  

Cynical?  Sorry but yes.   That's the mood of today when the manager has presided over yet another rank awful performance last night.

5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Must surely have been very lively at the Rangers Training Centre this morning.    The lot of them watching the video of the game from last night.  Must have been like a horror movie.   They should have paid to watch it.  Maybe we'll have had more of the group discussions that Warburton often refers to, where people say it as the see it and as they feel it.  They all have a good row, promise to do better, commit to providing the right response on Saturday then go off and do some fun-stuff training having solved (in their minds) the problems of rank bad performance.     The full and frank discussions saw the end of Barton though as Warburton fled for cover under the skirts of the disciplinary handbook, so I guess that might temper the line taken by the more experienced players in any frank exchanges of views.   Or maybe not.  

Team for Saturday?  Warburton might want to hedge his bets (he was a financial trader after all) and look to be able to spread the blame if the game results in points being dropped.   So Senderos is good for being a fall guy.  So are Kiernan and Halliday.   So those 3 might play.   Now that we know he needs to give primary consideration over the interests of his employer Rangers to the welfare of the loan players perhaps Toral is rested and replaced by Holt and Toral then replaces Hyndman in the 60th minute regardless of how the game is going.    Dodoo for Miller perhaps.   McKay benched to protect him and replaced by Forrester who is more expendable as a fall guy.  

Cynical?  Sorry but yes.   That's the mood of today when the manager has presided over yet another rank awful performance last night.

Probably gave them the day off, you know how they need their recovery !! 

Can't even think of a team that I'm happy with.

Wes

Hodson       Wilson         Hill         Wallace   

?                            ?          Hyndman

Dodoo                                                     Mckay 

Miller

Defense HAS to be as above. Hyndman probably has to start ( As long as Eddie is happy) as he seems our most in-form player. Got to give Dodoo a chance now. 

Midfield, Halliday is playing shite, but I see no competition for his place. Toral has been pretty poor, Holt I wouldn't have anywhere near an over 16 football side, Windass? I have seen probably about 1hr worth of play from this season that suggests he might be a player. 

Waghorn.....Holy fuck his touch yesterday was so bad, desperate to succeed but looking like a £150k player or whatever we paid for him. MOH, doesn't suit our style of play or MW won't be changing that anytime soon so he's out of the picture.

I know Warburton likes to use the word 'bemused' a lot, but I am utterly fucking bemused how Halliday is our only holding midfielder if you can even call him that. How did we go through that transfer window having lost Barton and loaned out Crooks and not signed another holding midfieder, arguably our weakest position on the pitch.

I think MW has to make changes - I've just no idea what they could be. 

Kiernan has to drop out surely.

Halliday should too, but who replaces him in the holding role.

I'd personally just fuck a holding midfielder and attack...

Fod

Tav Senderos Hill Wallace

Toral Hyndman Windass

Waghorn Miller McKay

I think we'll see roughly the same team which is soul destroying 

If I was picking it and all are fit and available I'd go with 

Wes

Hodson--Hill--Wilson--Wallace

Toral--Windass--Hyndman

Miller--Dodoo--McKay

Miller drops too deep all the time, not his fault as he's just trying to get involved but we need someone up there all the time like Dodoo or Garner. Fair enough they've not exactly hit the heights but they deserve a chance like everyone else does

Halliday is awful and shouldn't be started again this season 

3 hours ago, The Godfather said:

I expect a narrow win to buy Mark more time before the next embarrassing away thumping we get.

Miller and Hyndman will need to feature for this to happen as no cunt else seems to know where the goal is bar those 2.

15 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

Wes

Hodson       Wilson         Hill         Wallace   

Windass         Holt         Hyndman

Forrester                                                             Mckay 

Dodoo

There's absolutely no way he can start Halliday, Tav or Kiernan after that shambles..But he will find a way

Would like to see a bit of change in the team and just give Dodoo a chance ffs

Forrester is more of a winger than Waghorn, Holt back in to hopefully add a bit of energy also to let Windass and Hyndman provide the creative edge we need to create chances. 

2-0

Tav???  He is far better than Hodson  Tav wasn't to blame last night !! Both centre backs Hill and Kiernan  are woeful the lack of a defensive midfielder is a worry as Halliday is not up to SPL level  Toral is isles a luxury player  So I would go wit. 

Fodringham 

Tav.  Senderos Wilson Wallace

Holt Hyndman Forrester

Mckay Miller Waghorn 

Guest Lloyd72
11 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Tav???  He is far better than Hodson  Tav wasn't to blame last night !! Both centre backs Hill and Kiernan  are woeful the lack of a defensive midfielder is a worry as Halliday is not up to SPL level  Toral is isles a luxury player  So I would go wit. 

Fodringham 

Tav.  Senderos Wilson Wallace

Holt Hyndman Forrester

Mckay Miller Waghorn 

Tav gave away 3 goals from shit marking and concentration in december he's pish and has been found out this season. Hodson is much better, How you're dropping Hill I don't know He's easily our best defender

Fod

Tav      Hill        Senderos     Wallace

Wilson

Windass    Hyndman

Waghorn    Miller      McKay

The priority is Kiernan and Halliday not playing.

6 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No chance of seeing Hyndman it's been raining all night and has to rain till Saturday. Warburton will be on the phone to Eddie Howe telling him the pitch is too heavy and can he rest him. 

I'm actually struggling to pick a team 

He could wear one of those wee Umbrellas that stick to his head and a top on with don't kick me I'm a Bournemouth Asset.

32 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Fod

Tav      Hill        Senderos     Wallace

Wilson

Windass    Hyndman

Waghorn    Miller      McKay

The priority is Kiernan and Halliday not playing.

I don't know much about him, but can  Hyndman play CDM? Genuine question. I'm a bit concerned about Wilson there, I know what you're saying but I think we would lack mobility in the midfield.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I don't know much about him, but does Hyndman play CDM? Genuine question. I'm a bit concerned about Wilson there, I know what you're saying but I think we would lack mobility in the midfield.

Dunno, but I reckon Hyndman would be wasted there. I think he and Windass could make up for Wilson's lack of mobility. 

See, my thinking is that we could do with someone that will just sit there, because Halliday is constantly posted missing and other teams take advantage of the hole behind the midfield. And as someone else says, Wilson can pass a ball, so it might work. Willing to try it to get Kiernan and Halliday out.