Candeias

Guest Lloyd72

I was a bit harsh on him after the first Progres game but he was excellent today . 

Put in some really good crosses but what impressed me most was his attitude in trying to win the ball off the defender most times . 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was aggressive, he had good movement off the ball, he had good control to take out of the air when balls from deep were played to him. Add to that that he's fast as fuck and can play in a decent ball.

If we can see more of that from him then he's a shrewd signing. Kranjcar > Candeias from deep looked fucking lethal today.

Also, Morelos plays him in before taking that shot that Mandana palmed out and it coulda been a very good chance. As it happened, Morelos followed it up and made a chance for himself anyway, but it's good to see these things materializing.

39 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Remind you a bit of Novo? That's who I thought of when I was watching him

He is far better technically than Novo but I get where you're coming from. Small, hard worker, aggressive and quick. 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, PRW. said:

He is far better technically than Novo but I get where you're coming from. Small, hard worker, aggressive and quick. 

he looks like he'll run himself into the ground for the team. Maybe a bit more of a natural wide man than Novo but similar type players imo

He was terrific today and the good thing is it looks like there's a lot more to come from him once he gets up to full speed. Looks a very good signing so far - even Tav had a new lease of life with Candeias playing just ahead of him; and they have the potential to form a brilliant partnership down the right flank.  

Decision making and composure are all that's missing really. Terrific pace and work rate, two crucial counters for us though and he didn't have the touch of class needed for a real chance to come to fruition for us. 

He'll hopefully get there though, and of course consider the opposition today on top of his performance - he, hopefully, could absolutely slaughter scottish teams when he's on it. 

Looked lively. He does great tracking back. Looks like he has a decent delivery and work rate is good but id still like to see him running at opponents. From what ive seen he is desperate to get rid of the ball.

Imo we need wingers to be more creative and direct. They need to get into the box more and leave the sidelines for the wing backs and have a go at defenders. 

1 hour ago, PRW. said:

:tu: .... Agreed mate.

Though in Nacho's defence .... he did know where the net was ... that to me allows for any lack of technical ability.

#Novoloyalplatoon#

:UK: