Everything that is wrong with an element of our support today

Virtuoso

10 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

That argument always makes me laugh- you do realise even if we get independence - the current monarchy will still exist for Scotland? Like it does for other countries? 

Like it did for Ireland? For how long? 15/20 years?

And anyways, not going to happen.

Probably spent his entire trip taking flak for wearing that top and trying to explain to the hordes how he was one of the 'majority' of 'decent' Rangers fans. Fucking idiot.

Skirt wearing i don't really care about, i find it gay but it's still part of Scottish culture; yes voting, his political views are misinformed and just plain wrong, but most people are fucking idiots anyway when it comes to politics, so it's just about ignorable. 'Union hating' though is a funny one. There you have a lefty proudly declaring hatred against a national group. But it's okay, he's on the left, he's scottish, HE's the oppressed noble hero standing up against the evil British. Just utterly delusional, and further evidence i'm afraid that we're well on our way to the political polarisation you can see in America just now. 

Hope the lad actually makes it to a game at Ibrox every so often, and is made to answer for his post. 

Just now, M0NTY said:

This is the beginning of the new age fans! Can be assured there will be some "fans" who forgive the rest of the teams thats voted us out and tried to kill us. I fear we are a dying breed and the future support in numbers in in jeopardy. 

That's it for me, there's a dilution in the fan base. I cannot and will not forgive them and stand beside them. I would probably support the national team under a different management and under different players but I couldn't go back and see the team

Something not right about that picture, the backdrop of that stand looks to high to of been the ground the other night and the crowd look as if they are wearing red and their is definitely a red & white flag also.....I don't even think it was from the other night which makes it all the more baffling....I could be wrong but nothing in that picture adds up.

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

That guy is a fanny. He would be hated by everyone of the tartan army. That lot would probably rather Rangers suffer than Scotland qualify for a tournament.

As for the team itself I can't watch or support them anymore because it's basically watching sellik now. Deep down I want all scottish sports team to do well because I am scottish and british, but the football team is finished for me now. Even if the team wasn't filled with taigs i wouldnt support them because it represents the type of people that I am not in sync with. The nationalists make you feel less scottish everyday.

I know how you feel, trust me, I used to be staunchly proud to be Scottish, very proud, before I got into politics and economics I used to proudly boast of this country and its achievements, but all of that changed soon as I got to understand politics and economics, it opened my eyes not only to how ill informed people are especially on the subject of economics.

I remember the first video I put out there in mid 2011 as to why I would vote no to Scottish independence I got heaps of abuse, death threats, even for my defence of Margaret Thatcher, that's when I realised my place, I was not welcome here any longer. Ever since all of that and becoming more and more bitter towards these people I have felt less and less pride in this country, my face does not fit in with this anticapitalist hating country, it really does not. 

It's that bad in Scotland that as soon as someone finds out you support capitalism you are all of a sudden viewed as the devil, that's what decades of political indoctrination by mainstream media and government education creates and now I can barely bring myself to support Scotland, for someone who used to be staunchly proud of Scotland I no longer hold that feeling.

I'm going to the game against Malta as I say only because a friend bought me a ticket, he's a Hearts fan which is fair enough, but deep down I'm thinking in my head: "I'm really going to have to fake celebrating if Scotland scores, how come I don't feel anything but distaste and hurt." In fact it's at that stage I would feel good if Scotland were thumped, that's honestly how they've made me feel.

Oh and to add to that it is a challenge for me to be there to celebrate if Scotland scores, not only do I not feel like it for all the death threats and abuse I put up with and constantly made to feel like I'm avoided like the plague not welcomed here, but also because of their hatred of me supporting Rangers. Rangers is my number one love, this club means more to me than anything and that's not because of some British union or anything of that matter, it's a club of passionate and loyal support and one with a history one could only envy, a club that has had such great players and so much respect, there's nothing for me that will ever come above Rangers in football and knowing that I will be standing surrounded by people who hate my club, I can barely bring myself to support Scotland, not anymore.