Steven Gerrard's Image Rights

FSM

Anyone got any ideas how this might work and what kind of deal gets struck between himself and the club (if any)? Just wondering how it works when we want to use his image for marketing, or sell stuff bearing his name. Do we need to pay him an agreed cut? Is it all rolled into his management deal? Obviously with guys like Warburton and Pedro it wasn't an issue (on account of them being complete no-marks), but surely it won't be straightforward with someone as high profile as Gerrard?

Assuming he has them of course.....

14 minutes ago, FSM said:

Anyone got any ideas how this might work and what kind of deal gets struck between himself and the club (if any). Just wondering how it works when we want to use his image for marketing, or sell stuff bearing his name. Do we need to pay him an agreed cut? Is it all rolled into his management deal? Obviously with guys like Warburton and Pedro it wasn't an issue (on account of them being complete no-marks), but surely it won't be straightforward with someone as high profile as Gerrard?

Assuming he has them of course.....

No idea, but would think it would be part of the job. It's not as if he is coming here to make money.

3 minutes ago, GT66 said:

No idea, but would think it would be part of the job, not as if he is coming here to make money.

If we're using his image to make money then I would've thought that some deal would be made, either rolled into his salary or as a cut of proceeds. Most high profile players have these deals (like Gerrard probably had in his playing days), so why not high profile managers?

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It’s his name and his image so it’s his money. 

Would like to see him doing the sort of stuff he’s doing with Liverpool this week but under the Rangers name and using his name & face to get the Rangers brand out there

There would be standard marketing that I would assume would be 'free', like sticking his name/face on club posters, magazines etc. But maybe he gets a cut when I order my Steven Gerrard mug, mouse mat and pyjamas.

Just now, FSM said:

There would be standard marketing that i would assume would be 'free', like sticking his name/face on club posters, magazines etc. But maybe he gets a cut when I order my Steven Gerrard mug, mouse mat and pyjamas.

Changed days when we are talking about image rights. ??

1 minute ago, gj923 said:

Maybe that’s why, unlike most leading players, I’ve never asked for an image rights deal with Liverpool.

What he has said in the past about image rights

Is that correct? If so, fair play and question answered.

20 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It’s his name and his image so it’s his money. 

Would like to see him doing the sort of stuff he’s doing with Liverpool this week but under the Rangers name and using his name & face to get the Rangers brand out there

I know what you’re saying but I’d prefer it if he focuses on getting a winning team together before we start thinking about promoting the club around the world.

Pre-season tour and winter break are great opportunities for this but first and foremost sort out this squad of shitehawks and get us winning and feared again.

"...the club asked me to appear in an advert for Nivea. It was clear I was still important to Liverpool off the field.

I turned it down. Jordan Henderson stepped in and when I saw the ad on television I was relieved. Doing those kind of ads just isn’t me. I’ve had tons of offers to advertise products bare-chested and I’ve always said no. Maybe that’s why, unlike most leading players, I’ve never asked for an image rights deal with Liverpool."

:lol:

His main sponsor was always Adidas. 

Would've been too good to have had new Adidas kit & new manager announcement together last week.  

As mentioned earlier, couldn't care less if he was sponsored by Tampax just win football games. 

1 hour ago, FSM said:

If we're using his image to make money then I would've thought that some deal would be made, either rolled into his salary or as a cut of proceeds. Most high profile players have these deals (like Gerrard probably had in his playing days), so why not high profile managers?

Different situation,he's not here for the money.

If I was in his shoes I'd want more to spend rather than in my own pocket.

Just guessing thi, I really don't have a clue what will happen with the image rights

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I know what you’re saying but I’d prefer it if he focuses on getting a winning team together before we start thinking about promoting the club around the world.

Pre-season tour and winter break are great opportunities for this but first and foremost sort out this squad of shitehawks and get us winning and feared again.

Well I wouldn’t want him away midweek during a season. ?

But we have a great chance to get the club out to the rest of the non Bear world, and with that comes money money money. 

Better that than Kings all the eggs in one CL basket. 

Does he even have this deal, I heard some stoater on Clyde saying it with the usual "My mate who is good informed told me",  but I was always under the impression with work outside football it is the players business whereas in Spain you sign a contract saying the club get a cut.