Windass Staying

bigmclean

14 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

What happens when Tav and Windass are still shit in January?

Do we just magically make up for lost points, a decrease in transfer fee's and sign two replacements to fit in immediately?

Fod, Windass, Tav are all 25 or over and still living off ''potential''

how long are we going to wait?

Fod has already been replaced and Tav isn't potential, he's one of our best players

No problem with him keeping any player long enough to judge him with his own eyes, but I hope any that are deemed not good enough are punted off the wage bill during this transfer window. 

Still expecting to see no more than three or four from the season just finished in next season’s starting eleven.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats worse, if a player is ultimately shite no matter how much they put in, then fair enough, they have tried and its not worked out, when a player has the ability but is a shiftless shitebag bastard then they need kicked in the baws or kicked out the club, preferably both

Him and Tav I’m sure have the best stats (goals and assists) of last year I thought, Is what I mean. Ridiculous to question Gerrard as a manager for wanting him to stay

Questioning the managers ability when he hasnt even picked a side or played a game yet. :lol:

Maybe he sees enough in Windass that shows he might just  be a decent player for his side. Cant deny he has shown some good form in bits n pieces. Just needs to get stuck in and do it more often.

I’ve never seen a player look so good on paper yet so shite on the pitch.

Shows flashes of excellence then disappears like a Paul Daniels magic trick. Prime example being the 2-3 game against the mhanks.

I think we could do better although I’d rather get rid of the MOH’s and Hodsons of the squad first.

1 hour ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

What happens when Tav and Windass are still shit in January?

Do we just magically make up for lost points, a decrease in transfer fee's and sign two replacements to fit in immediately?

Fod, Windass, Tav are all 25 or over and still living off ''potential''

how long are we going to wait?

Until we can replace them at an affordable price

24 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Until we can replace them at an affordable price

Well the rumour is we have cash to spend,

couple that with selling Tav, Fod and Windass then that shouldn't be much of an issue given that even a 36 year old free agent McGregor is being brought in to replace Fod

The older they get while still under performing at us the more their price will dip

1 hour ago, Amato said:

Fod has already been replaced and Tav isn't potential, he's one of our best players

I know but those 3 are our sellable assets outwith Morelos, that's all I'm saying, they should all follow Fod's lead

He certainly seems to be potential to me, considering for 3 seasons we've heard 'aw he will improve, he's good going forward, he's one of our best' 

I don't think being one of the best out of a team that continuously loses by 4 or 5 to their arch rivals is anything to brag about at all, it means fuck all 

Seems to be a lot of talk of potential and wanking over turning up against absolute duds like Ayr and Hamilton instead of accepting they're serial losers with god awful attitudes and zero ambition

We seem to constantly hear that we can't replace them as if they're fucking superstars, yet McGregor at 36 on a free will replace our first choice keeper and some saw him as one of our best players

From January until the old firm at ibrox windass was arguably our form player. 

But after that game he went MIA. There were games you would need reminded he was even on the pitch. A very lazy work ethic and worse attitude.

If he's staying he will need to screw the nut big time. 

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

Souness was able to bring that wee bit extra out of some players , here's hoping SG can too . I actually think guys like Windass and Docherty will benefit more than most . 

Sorry mate 

Those guys had already won league cups and were mostly winners

They also had the benefit of playing with Souness,Butcher ,Woods and Roberts in first season 

I get what your saying but I really would never compare Bobby Russell ,Dave McPherson ,Hugh Burns ,Ted McMinn and few others to this pile of shite we have left 

20 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

From January until the old firm at ibrox windass was arguably our form player. 

But after that game he went MIA. There were games you would need reminded he was even on the pitch. A very lazy work ethic and worse attitude.

If he's staying he will need to screw the nut big time. 

You can literally say that for every single player really. 

44 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

I know but those 3 are our sellable assets outwith Morelos, that's all I'm saying, they should all follow Fod's lead

He certainly seems to be potential to me, considering for 3 seasons we've heard 'aw he will improve, he's good going forward, he's one of our best' 

I don't think being one of the best out of a team that continuously loses by 4 or 5 to their arch rivals is anything to brag about at all, it means fuck all 

Seems to be a lot of talk of potential and wanking over turning up against absolute duds like Ayr and Hamilton instead of accepting they're serial losers with god awful attitudes and zero ambition

We seem to constantly hear that we can't replace them as if they're fucking superstars, yet McGregor at 36 on a free will replace our first choice keeper and some saw him as one of our best players

Quite funny that most are jizzing over Judas and will very rarely have seen him play since he left. One game I can remember, FA Cup final against Arsenal and should have saved the first goal

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Sorry mate 

Those guys had already won league cups and were mostly winners

They also had the benefit of playing with Souness,Butcher ,Woods and Roberts in first season 

I get what your saying but I really would never compare Bobby Russell ,Dave McPherson ,Hugh Burns ,Ted McMinn and few others to this pile of shite we have left 

Gonna have to disagree with you here . 

I thought we had a soft underbelly back then . I'd agree they were better players back then , but they weren't winners or mentally tough . Remember we would win between 3 and 5 away games each season for 8/9 seasons with the league often out of reach by the new year . I'd say it was Souness that instilled that winners mentality that gave them the toughness to go on to bigger and better things . 

Yes , he did sign quality players ,  but Roberts came halfway through the season and , iirc , Souness himself missed a lot of games . We may find that is the route SG will have to go down - buying a few quality players in key positions instead of a major overhaul . 

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Gonna have to disagree with you here . 

I thought we had a soft underbelly back then . I'd agree they were better players back then , but they weren't winners or mentally tough . Remember we would win between 3 and 5 away games each season for 8/9 seasons with the league often out of reach by the new year . I'd say it was Souness that instilled that winners mentality that gave them the toughness to go on to bigger and better things . 

Yes , he did sign quality players ,  but Roberts came halfway through the season and , iirc , Souness himself missed a lot of games . We may find that is the route SG will have to go down - buying a few quality players in key positions instead of a major overhaul . 

Good points 

True I did think they were losers at that time 

He has ability and makes things happen. He is also a massive spastic and makes mistakes constantly in both game time and on social media due to his absolute limited brain power.

I Imagine he is a very impressionable character as many mongs I've met in my time are and  he'll absolutely worship Stevie, the need to impress will be at an all time high . Legends like Gary and Gerrard might just be able to hone the skill set that he has and make a player.

......or he might just piss me off until the window opens in Jan.

1 hour ago, Bigdave30 said:

I’ve never seen a player look so good on paper yet so shite on the pitch.

Shows flashes of excellence then disappears like a Paul Daniels magic trick. Prime example being the 2-3 game against the mhanks.

I think we could do better although I’d rather get rid of the MOH’s and Hodsons of the squad first.

Spot on. I wouldn’t be that bothered if he left but there is a long line of players needing punted before him

43 minutes ago, Number5 said:

He has ability and makes things happen. He is also a massive spastic and makes mistakes constantly in both game time and on social media due to his absolute limited brain power.

I Imagine he is a very impressionable character as many mongs I've met in my time are and  he'll absolutely worship Stevie, the need to impress will be at an all time high . Legends like Gary and Gerrard might just be able to hone the skill set that he has and make a player.

......or he might just piss me off until the window opens in Jan.

The Spastic Society dislikes this