Buckle up troops

Prso's headband

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

I might have made that up....?

But sometimes in jest there's an unwritten element of truth.

Good point. Dreading this. Seeing as it "cross party" everyone needs to get down to their MSP's and try to make sure we don't get shafted. 

37 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Same happened to me in Menorca this year. Sat in a pub and bloke next to me at the bar had a Glasgow accent, asked him who he supported and he told me Partick Thistle! Told him I was Rangers and next thing we were having a chat about all things Rangers, said he just says he’s Partick to avoid the hassle he gets.

Really drives me mad how some of ours think they need to hide who they support yet wherever I go I seem to see plenty of green and grey bastards all over the place. I always make a point of taking at least one Rangers shirt on holiday and have had some great chats with fellow bears who have come up to me.

Imagine telling folk you’re a Thistle fan..

What a complete throbber.

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

That’s plain wrong. 

The standards committee in 2015 defined it as:

“Sectarianism in Scotland is a mixture of perceptions, attitudes, actions, and structures that involves overlooking, excluding, discriminating against or being abusive or violent towards others on the basis of their perceived Christian denominational background. This perception is always mixed with other factors such as, but not confined to, politics, football allegiance and national identity”

https://www.gov.scot/Publications/2015/05/4296

Even that is the wrong definition of Sectarianism. Must not be any Sectarianism in Iraq then. 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The worst thing is I can genuinely believe them sitting in a room with the how do we get these orange bastards this week. 

This country is heading to a very scary place if it isn’t there already. 

Do we know how these committee members are appointed, nominations, volunteers? Looking at the make up of the above it’s hard not to genuinely believe each individual (excluding an apparent token Tory) is handpicked and placed there for their outspoken commonality at things which I find uncomfortable as a  non independence voter who is also a Rangers fan. Remember the noise they made about the criminalisation of football fans,  well let’s see how this plays out when the criminalisation is constructed only to impact on one set of Scottish football fans...

10 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Do we know how these committee members are appointed, nominations, volunteers? Looking at the make up of the above it’s hard not to genuinely believe each individual (excluding an apparent token Tory) is handpicked and placed there for their outspoken commonality at things which I find uncomfortable as a  non independence voter who is also a Rangers fan. Remember the noise they made about the criminalisation of football fans,  well let’s see how this plays out when the criminalisation is constructed only to impact on one set of Scottish football fans...

For me personally it’s getting to the stage where I’ll probably start looking to move elsewhere, even although that’ll kill me because I literally go to every game home and away. If it honestly wasn’t for Rangers I’d have upped sticks and left this shitehole. 

It really is demonisation of one set of people and it’s Rangers fans and anything remotely unionist. Unless they’re voted out in numbers at the next GE and Scottish election this country is genuinely fucked. 

16 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

For me personally it’s getting to the stage where I’ll probably start looking to move elsewhere, even although that’ll kill me because I literally go to every game home and away. If it honestly wasn’t for Rangers I’d have upped sticks and left this shitehole. 

It really is demonisation of one set of people and it’s Rangers fans and anything remotely unionist. Unless they’re voted out in numbers at the next GE and Scottish election this country is genuinely fucked. 

I’m 61 left in 1975 always planning to return, thank fuck I didn’t. All I miss about Scotland is watching Rangers FC.

7 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

More reason to stay tbh, the last thing we should do is give them what they want. 

We’ve done it for years. The dignified silence, the it’ll get better soon, or it’ll change it always does or not wanting to make valid claims for the fear of being paranoid. Whereas they bastards got their claws into every institution in Scotland and run Scottish football. 

Even after the referendum we were still filled with apathy thinking that was it, things will change. The reality is it’s got worse, very quickly. 

You have no journalists or politicians risking their careers to even hint at defending us and now we’ve got underhand Sectarian committees set up and it hasn’t even made the national news

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

That’s plain wrong. 

The standards committee in 2015 defined it as:

“Sectarianism in Scotland is a mixture of perceptions, attitudes, actions, and structures that involves overlooking, excluding, discriminating against or being abusive or violent towards others on the basis of their perceived Christian denominational background. This perception is always mixed with other factors such as, but not confined to, politics, football allegiance and national identity”

https://www.gov.scot/Publications/2015/05/4296

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

I might have made that up....?

But sometimes in jest there's an unwritten element of truth.

You're made up version isn't as bad as the actual definition. 

@KeyserSoze I'm actually sitting here scratching my head wondering if this is real.

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

Most experiences I have had when on holiday aswell when an English person asks who you support they always respond positivey when you tell them Rangers. 

True that, met a few English Fans over in Ibiza recently, kept in touch with one, Bristol Rovers, said he always liked us, gave the British Flags and the support for Army as some of the reasons, wants to come up to a game, sent him a picture of the three new tops, said he will buy one, yeah I laughed at that as well, fuck, we can't even get a hold of them. 

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I totally agree.

But the committee’s brief was to define it in a scottish context. In order for it to be tackled here. I believe 

One country, many cultures. 

"No matter what your race, creed, colour or culture, you 're welcome here"

What a farce this country has become.

18 minutes ago, VentyFour said:

@KeyserSoze I'm actually sitting here scratching my head wondering if this is real.

The last consultation and report was developed from 2013-15. It’s fairly standard that these committees review this stuff every so often. 

I’m not defending anything Btw just giving information. 

18 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We’ve done it for years. The dignified silence, the it’ll get better soon, or it’ll change it always does or not wanting to make valid claims for the fear of being paranoid. Whereas they bastards got their claws into every institution in Scotland and run Scottish football. 

Even after the referendum we were still filled with apathy thinking that was it, things will change. The reality is it’s got worse, very quickly. 

You have no journalists or politicians risking their careers to even hint at defending us and now we’ve got underhand Sectarian committees set up and it hasn’t even made the national news

Hard to  argue with that other than the fact  the snp are on the slide, lost their majority at the last election and now have to rely on the greens (appropriately named) to prop them up.

The tories on the other hand have made large gains in Scotland and I don't believe the reason was down to their popularity, more a case of Unionists getting smart.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

The worst thing is I can genuinely believe them sitting in a room with the how do we get these orange bastards this week. 

This country is heading to a very scary place if it isn’t there already. 

Aye because we continually do nothing about it.

As someone has already mentioned that picture alone should ensure this piece of shit is removed from office. There are proper procedures to persue but Its up to us to make it happen. He has absolutely no right to sit in judgement on matters relating to sectarianism due to his actions and has left us plenty of rope to hang him with. 

13 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

This guy on commitee as well..

629DB97D-1612-42A1-A5F6-C93D6F7717FD.png

How the fuck does a cunt holding that opinion make it to public office in a fair minded society. 

Oh wait I’ve forgot it 21st century scotland, the snp make Sinn Fein look like a party of the progressive middle ground. 

42 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

?

7 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Hard to  argue with that other than the fact  the snp are on the slide, lost their majority at the last election and now have to rely on the greens (appropriately named) to prop them up.

The tories on the other hand have made large gains in Scotland and I don't believe the reason was down to their popularity, more a case of Unionists getting smart.

?

Both good reasoned posts that basically cover the situation well ..... when the time comes to vote, get out there and use it .... if we allow apathy to thrive, things will never change for our benefit ..... no party in the history of politics has ruled indefinitely .... change can and will happen as long as we get out in numbers and make it happen.

:UK: