Gerrard & Flanagan Post Match Reaction - St Johnstone

Laudrup1984

Best part of the Gerrard interview?

For me it was when  he was talking about Ross McCrorie...

‘He’s not the finished article yet, so it’s important that I manage him right, AND I WILL DO’.

It’s not because of the player in particular, it’s simply the confidence of Gerrard and his recognition that his job is to manage players!

Im stating the obvious I know, but I liked that comment very much indeed.

25 minutes ago, beararse said:

‘He’s not the finished article yet, so it’s important that I manage him right, AND I WILL DO’.

It’s not because of the player in particular, it’s simply the confidence of Gerrard and his recognition that his job is to manage players!

I liked that bit myself mate, showed a great confidence in his own ability.

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

My thoughts too, he really is working confidently and professionally with the players individually and the team as a whole. 

And to me it sounds like a whole new level and ambition on how a team should function, whilst fully understanding the potentials and even the limitations of the players themselves. 

A totally different level and understanding compared to Warburton''s pitch geography and Pedro's ramblings. 

Not just our future, but Steve Gerrard's progression as a manager itself is certainly showing a whole new potential.

And to think all this is happening 3 months in to a season to a team that was stuck in the backwaters of Scottish football and really getting nowhere for the last 5 years is simply incredible.

This.

15 hours ago, beararse said:

Too often you see managers roll out the same old pish about it’s a team game when asked about one specific player. 

Not our Stevie he gives his honest assessment of the player, breath of fresh air he is.