Dorrans

jjbscotty12

I think people are reading too much into it tbh, he’s got a history of injuries so it’s not really surprising.

The only thing I would say is if he’s in a midfield that’s playing high tempo and high pressing football there is a greater chance of said injuries flaring up again.

19 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Is it not a case of buying players that have problems with injury rather than the medical team?

There’s been a few though that have been out for a while woth club saying no Op required, the player comes back, breaks down and ends up having an op.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

There’s been a few though that have been out for a while woth club saying no Op required, the player comes back, breaks down and ends up having an op.

Yeah. I have no idea whats going on in the background but there could probably be a number of reasons for that?

34 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Don't think it's got anything to do with the medical staff, if you sign somebody with a history of injuries (Dorrans, Krancjar, Rossiter etc) then you've got to expect this sort of thing to happen, they're not miracle workers.

As much as he's tried, he can't get himself fit. Hopefully he's moved on at the end of the season, decent enough player but as it stands, I can't see him getting into the squad just now never mind the first team.

Yeah this is it in a nutshell. We've gambled on a few guys and none have paid off. 

1 minute ago, MisterC said:

I'm sure he banged in a goal from edge of box into the opposite top corner last season, so there's that as well..

Aye he did but it's all about the buildup play at Villarreal that Arfield should have put the laces through 

Think it was Arfield anyway 

52 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Don't think it's got anything to do with the medical staff, if you sign somebody with a history of injuries (Dorrans, Krancjar, Rossiter etc) then you've got to expect this sort of thing to happen, they're not miracle workers.

As much as he's tried, he can't get himself fit. Hopefully he's moved on at the end of the season, decent enough player but as it stands, I can't see him getting into the squad just now never mind the first team.

I feel sad for him as I also think he was a good addition and option for our squad.

I’m unsure if this was a previous injury / weakness but I’d like to think the medical staff are asked their opinions when we buy players with a history of injuries. If they constantly say the player can be returned to full fitness and there is a whole list of players who haven’t then I think they need to take part of the blame.