Hope after hope after hope

KeyserSoze

18 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

9 iar was full of highs and lows - skip the following if you want my point

here’s a few-  1989 beating that lot at new year for the first time in 25 years, 25 fucking years - a quarter of a century 

1990 - the run in we lost five games on a trot allowing the sheep to claw back a nice gap (squeaky bum) 

that sheep game in 91/92 fuck me last game of the season, they needed a draw to win the league - thank fuck for Attila the Hu*

remember 1993/94 the injury crisis we lost I think our last 6/7 games on a horrendous run and still scraped it. 

Gazza’s first season we LOST more games than shellik but still won the league by 4 points

my point is simple - there’s no exact science to football it’s a funny old game and yes we’ve dipped in form but clearly we are still at the races. 

So no fucking surrender right!

👍

Good post mate.

Sobering Indeed Keyser ..... it's not over till it's over ..... after today? .... hard to accept but true nevertheless.

:UK:

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

9 iar was full of highs and lows - skip the following if you want my point

here’s a few-  1989 beating that lot at new year for the first time in 25 years, 25 fucking years - a quarter of a century 

1990 - the run in we lost five games on a trot allowing the sheep to claw back a nice gap (squeaky bum) 

that sheep game in 91/92 fuck me last game of the season, they needed a draw to win the league - thank fuck for Attila the Hu*

remember 1993/94 the injury crisis we lost I think our last 6/7 games on a horrendous run and still scraped it. 

Gazza’s first season we LOST more games than shellik but still won the league by 4 points

my point is simple - there’s no exact science to football it’s a funny old game and yes we’ve dipped in form but clearly we are still at the races. 

When we bears beggars mate .Tell me more of this game .The beggars have only ever beaten us 3/4 at Ibrox in New year games in over 100 years 

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

When we bears beggars mate .Tell me more of this game .The beggars have only ever beaten us 3/4 at Ibrox in New year games in over 100 years 

This is it tbh. If we beat those cunts at the end of the month then it’s well and truly on, regardless of what happens between now and then. Lose, and I really don’t know where we go from there.

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

During that time we had players we could rely on, a team made up of winners, a great manger, have we get any of those now?

No wait - we had our fair share of shite players during that time too. Souness also fucked Off during that time and untried/tested Walter Smith took us on. So  that was still very testing times

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

No wait - we had our fair share of shite players during that time too. Souness also fucked Off during that time and untried/tested Walter Smith took us on. So  that was still very testing times

A get that, but take Morelos out our team and we're abysmally bad, we rely on one player who can get sent off at any moment because he's daft as fuck

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A get that, but take Morelos out our team and we're abysmally bad, we rely on one player who can get sent off at any moment because he's daft as fuck

If the Gaffer stops his bloody tinkering we might see some continuity. Yes I agree about Morelos though 

15 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

If the Gaffer stops his bloody tinkering we might see some continuity. Yes I agree about Morelos though 

His comments about knowing who he can trust makes me think he's done tinkering. Hopefully he sticks to a settled 11 changing only when needed. 

Morelos I'd like to think he'll see after today's game how important he is and finally cut the shit out. But you just don't know with him if it's registering

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Think someone needs to read the history even from times before any of us were born.  There has always been trials and tribulations within Rangers.  It hasn't always been plain sailing.... Yes since 2012,  times have been harder for us due to the circumstances and because we are here witnessing the bad with the good. 

I imagine fans back in early 1900's were saying the same during hard times of winning no trophies etc...difference being, they had no internet to vent their feelings nor having to put up with disrespectful media nonsense neither.  

5 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Think someone needs to read the history even from times before any of us were born.  There has always been trials and tribulations within Rangers.  It hasn't always been plain sailing.... Yes since 2012,  times have been harder for us due to the circumstances and because we are here witnessing the bad with the good. 

I imagine fans back in early 1900's were saying the same during hard times of winning no trophies etc...difference being, they had no internet to vent their feelings nor having to put up with disrespectful media nonsense neither.  

Also, there wasn’t the added pressure of stopping/equaling/beating 9 in a row runs.

3 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

His comments about knowing who he can trust makes me think he's done tinkering. Hopefully he sticks to a settled 11 changing only when needed. 

Morelos I'd like to think he'll see after today's game how important he is and finally cut the shit out. But you just don't know with him if it's registering

In fairness, it shouldn't take him till December to figure that out. 

13 hours ago, dee9 said:

We have made great strides

I keep hearing stuff like this but apart from Europe we haven't really, people are saying we are closing the gap on the beggars but to be brutally honest they are closing the gap on us by under-performing compared to last season.

I believe Gerrard has what it takes and will learn quickly about the demands of the club, we need to give him more than one transfer window to get a team together capable of challenging.

19 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Absofuckinglutely.

Back then we didn't have social media providing us a platform to bitch and moan about the team and demand the head of the manager after every piss poor performance and result that doesn't go our way. It just wasn't the done thing. The mankies are not exactly running away with it and even given our few dodgy performances this season, if the manager steps up to the plate, sorts out the shite attitude of some players in the squad and get a half decent January transfer window then we'll be back on track I have no doubt.

Having followed near and far since the original banter years of the 1980's and through the more recent debacles, there is no doubt that we should be more positive now than we've ever been since 2012. It was only ever going to be a hard slog. We have become the most fickle bunch of supporters and are restless and hungry for immediate success.  Be patient, it will come and so will 55, and when it does be prepared to enjoy the bedlam and subsequent meltdowns that follow.

No fucking surrender right!