Deliver the League Title

Brian Fantana

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

The alternative's the board finally pony up to back a proven manager with money if that doesn't continue then we're winning fuck all and our title count gets overtaken in time by the scum. 

Where are we finding the money to compete against them financially? 

3 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Sorry, Middleton, coulabaly, Grezda, will not be league winners this year, like many others they are just not good enough. 

Middleton is 18 ffs. Grezda is coming in to a game. 

Coulibaly is utter dross right enough. 

10 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Away and don't talk shite, wrestling no on the night naw? 

Nah, the wrestling isn’t on tonight. I’m assuming ITV4 aren’t showing any Burt Reynolds reruns tonight either and that’s how you’ve ended up in here too?

I’m not completely dismissing everything you are saying but it does seem like you can’t wait to come in here after we lose to either start talking about sacking the manager or to make veiled posts about how Dave King isn’t providing proper funding.

Yes we need to win the the title soon but it’s not win or bust this season. Gerrard has areas to improve but I do think we are going in the right direction and we need to stay the course for another year at least to see how it pans out. We can’t afford to keep sacking managers and ripping the team apart once a year.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Where are we finding the money to compete against them financially? 

I'm not descending this into a board discussion but it starts and ends with them and if king is about to move millions to the UK for a share offer no ones apparently going to take up, then let's see if he finally puts some money onto a budget seeing as it's just sitting there in an account. 

Otherwise we are no longer a title winning club. 

19 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

No chance. 

We need money and better players. 3 managers in the last few years but we have still have shite players because good ones cost money. 

Good runs in Europe make us money and encourage better players to sign for us.

I think Gerrard will win us 55, just not in his first season as a minority on here demand.

Sack him and we go back a step yet again. 

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Good runs in Europe make us money and encourage better players to sign for us.

I think Gerrard will win us 55, just not in his first season as a minority on here demand.

Sack him and we go back a step yet again. 

For the record I don't want to sack him and want to stick with him as I think we'll improve under him in my opinion. 

However we simply need better players. 

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Nah, the wrestling isn’t on tonight. I’m assuming ITV4 aren’t showing any Burt Reynolds reruns tonight either and that’s how you’ve ended up in here too?

I’m not completely dismissing everything you are saying but it does seem like you can’t wait to come in here after we lose to either start talking about sacking the manager or to make veiled posts about how Dave King isn’t providing proper funding.

Yes we need to win the the title soon but it’s not win or bust this season. Gerrard has areas to improve but I do think we are going in the right direction and we need to stay the course for another year at least to see how it pans out. We can’t afford to keep sacking managers and ripping the team apart once a year.

So far Gerrard's won nothing and the leagues still in reach - if we continue drawing/losing in the league there has to be a time where he goes - when that is depends on how many points weve dropped and where we are at the end of the league. If he keeps us in contention this season then agreed, he should stay but his target remains a title and if he drops double figures behind them early on in the new year then that for me is not a sign of improvement. 

And I agree we can't keep sacking managers but we also can't go years without a title on the hope we eventually come good. We also can't afford too. 

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I'm not descending this into a board discussion but it starts and ends with them and if king is about to move millions to the UK for a share offer no ones apparently going to take up, then let's see if he finally puts some money onto a budget seeing as it's just sitting there in an account. 

Otherwise we are no longer a title winning club. 

We don't need millions upon millions to win the league. 

It's a simple fact that many on here can't grasp because they believe we simply have to win every game we play in a certain style of football, and we must never be beaten under any circumstances. 

After Tynecastle we were good enough to challenge them, now after a few disappointing results we have to knock everything down and start again, it's predictably fucking boring. 

1 minute ago, They Gnu said:

Middleton is a kid and if you can’t see a player there your a fuckin nutcase.

The way that some people only work in extreme positives or extreme negatives with no middle ground is genuinely one of the worst things abiut this forum.

Middleton is a kid who was to be slowly eased in to the first team this season. As it is he’s ended up playing more football than we probably expected him to and as you would expect from an 18 year old his form is a bit up and down but the one thing he has never done is hide and he’s shown enough over the course to suggest there is talent there.

Just now, DBBTB said:

The way that some people only work in extreme positives or extreme negatives with no middle ground is genuinely one of the worst things abiut this forum.

Middleton is a kid who was to be slowly eased in to the first team this season. As it is he’s ended up playing more football than we probably expected him to and as you would expect from an 18 year old his form is a bit up and down but the one thing he has never done is hide and he’s shown enough over the course to suggest there is talent there.

Bang on mate but the moon howlers are going to howl.

2 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Middleton is a kid and if you can’t see a player there your a fuckin nutcase.

He's been fucking shite though in virtually every game he's played for us.

He has a shot at making it but it's like when a 14 year old gets a game for his old man's pub team and just sits on the wing looking lost not knowing what the fuck is going on. 

Wish some cunt would do a video of everything he did wrong tonight and then compare to the handful of things he did right. About 10-1 ratio.

3 minutes ago, Swagger said:

As it stands there is zero chance of us winning the league. 

Only chance of anything is if the draws are kind in the Scottish Cup and someone else manages to put them out as we will obviously crumble against them 

We're still in contention, if we get signings in January let's see what happens. 

It’s hard to use our wages as an argument. Were as big as celtic yet paying a lot less for players. We could sign killies best players and pay them Rangers wages yet they’d still be Killie standard players.

what we need is 3-4 proven quality winners/leaders. Only that will make a difference. Every manager needs backing if the club wants to win, you wouldn’t see any top manager signing as many loans and unproven players as we do.  But that’s our budget and tbh there’s not slot of difference in a player at 500k as a player at 2 million these days.

11 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

For the record I don't want to sack him and want to stick with him as I think we'll improve under him in my opinion. 

However we simply need better players. 

Fair enough. The gate receipts and Euro prize money should help us buy better players. It's something to build on. 

It does my nut in that cunts seem to throw the towel in first sign of a slight breeze. Im guilty of exaggerating things with us too sometimes but fuck sake we are clearly on the best path we have been in a while and we need to remain on it and all on board also. 

Stick together, ride out this "storm" and we will get there.

4 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Maybe because they proved to be useless bastards, after years in management. Stevie, on the other hand, is just over three months into his apprenticeship.

We are where we are but his remit would have been to win the title, that's not changed so let's hope he gets a few in this window and keeps us challenging till the final games at the very least 

12 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He's been fucking shite though in virtually every game he's played for us.

He has a shot at making it but it's like when a 14 year old gets a game for his old man's pub team and just sits on the wing looking lost not knowing what the fuck is going on. 

Wish some cunt would do a video of everything he did wrong tonight and then compare to the handful of things he did right. About 10-1 ratio.

Absolute pish.