Applaud them not abuse them

Dickie

You've just said they're a pain in the arse for something they do (flares) which appears not to sit well with you. Others are entitled their opinions, and for them it appears similar but with the kids going pitchside. Why can't they be irked by this but you can have that viewpoint for the flare issue?

Are we really questioning their support for the team/ club? Immaturity, naivity, exuberance, stupidity, youthfulness or whatever, maybe. Support? Not so sure.

8 minutes ago, Dickie said:

I started going to Rangers games in the early sixties unfortunately just in time for the scum from the east end to start dominating Scottish football (they also did well in Europe but you will not hear them mentioning it). I also suffered during the John Greig(manager) years and still went when our crowds fell to sometimes as low as 4 figures. I of course also had the jock Wallace,souness and watty years then came the ebt shite and demotion to the bottom of the league and I did actually think that we were fucked and would never recover but as everyone agrees the one constant in the last half a dozen or so years has been the amazing fans,we have filled every ground in the country and smashed all sorts of records attendance wise. Meanwhile at the paedodome as the scum hoovered up trophy after trophy unhindered their attendances unbelievably dropped to such an extent that they resorted to closing parts of the ground. I realise most on here will have stopped reading by now but my point is about fans having a go at the young supporters ie. the union bears and the ones who have now taken up running on to the park to celebrate,I find it mind blowing the sheer number of young fans that are now actually attending our matches when you think of all the crap we have been through and the fact we have won fuck all for years and a huge amount these kids have never seen Rangers lifting a trophy. So just think back to your early years as a supporter and give the kids a break,they might be a pain in the arse at times with their flares ect but their outstanding support for the club cannot be questioned.

True mate - we haven't lost a generation of support that I recall could have happened. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

If everybody that said they were during John Greig’s tenure was true there would have been crowds of 60k every week 

i did Btw 

so did I 😂 i was only 10/11 at the time but i managed to get to a good few games through one thing or another, even in big Jocks  2nd stint it was grim at times with the odd league cup win thrown in

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Good post, nothing wrong with flares etc though

The flares ruin me. I hate them 😂 

Make my eyes run like I’ve got hay fever and catches the back of my throat. Vienna away was murder.

Weirdly smoke bombs I’m fine with they don’t bother me at all. For most people it’s the opposite.

each generation of Rangers fans has t's 'daft' element with idiosyncracies that annoy older Bears  -- probably upset a few auld cunts during my formative years.  At the end of the day, it should always be about what unites us.

Personally find some of the UB stuff annoying - especially that guy who leads their wee marches who seems to insist on wearing wee tight poofy shorts and bellowing through a megaphone.   That stated - award them 10/10 for effort and the endeavor they put in.

Back in the day fights - flying bottles - pish stained trousers - unsafe stadiums - terracing fires to remain warm were all 'normal' but thankfully that has all changed - the reason for being there has not and never will. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

If everybody that said they were during John Greig’s tenure was true there would have been crowds of 60k every week 

i did Btw 

Me too:pipe:

Used to walk along Dumbreck from the Shaws, nip into Ibrox House for a pint and wander over at five to three to welcome big new signings like Cammy Fraser

:lol:

12 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The flares ruin me. I hate them 😂 

Make my eyes run like I’ve got hay fever and catches the back of my throat. Vienna away was murder.

Weirdly smoke bombs I’m fine with they don’t bother me at all. For most people it’s the opposite.

The smell of smoke bombs annoy me but that’s it 😂

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You've just said they're a pain in the arse for something they do (flares) which appears not to sit well with you. Others are entitled their opinions, and for them it appears similar but with the kids going pitchside. Why can't they be irked by this but you can have that viewpoint for the flare issue?

Are we really questioning their support for the team/ club? Immaturity, naivity, exuberance, stupidity, youthfulness or whatever, maybe. Support? Not so sure.

You completely missed the point of his post .

Great post!

Personally, I fucking LOVE the Union Bears. Whatever's happening on the pitch they keep bouncing trying to get the team lifted when it goes flat.

My wee lad and his pal are determined to get in amongst it all when they're older.