Our crossing

.Williamson.

It's really really bad. Anytime we get the ball down either wing I never feel like anything will come from a potential ball into the box.

Same goes for when we get a free kick near the box or a corner. 

It mightn't even be our crossing as such and could be that we have absolutely nobody in our team that is good in the air. How bad Lafferty is in the air for the height he is actually beggars belief. 

Think I made a similar thread to this last season but it has came back into my head after we spent the entire game yesterday kicking the ball over the head of Defoe 

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It's really really bad. Anytime we get the ball down either wing I never feel like anything will come from a potential ball into the box.

It mightn't even be our crossing as such and could be that we have absolutely nobody in our team that is good in the air. How bad Lafferty is in the air for the height he is actually beggars belief. 

Think I made a similar thread to this last season but it has came back into my head after we spent the entire game yesterday kicking the ball over the head of Defoe 

If you watch closely enough, when Lafferty jumps for a header he puts his shoulders back then his neck drops 2 inches into his body like a turtle

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Seeing Lafferty only gets an infrequent 10 minute cameo appearance, I doubt it makes any difference.

Try picking out Worrall at corners who is on for 90 minutes and you might be onto something.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Seeing Lafferty only gets an infrequent 10 minute cameo appearance, I doubt it makes any difference.

Try picking out Worrall at corners who is on for 90 minutes and you might be onto something.

Im picking on the whole team. I think they're all shite at attacking crosses 

I included Lafferty in the op though as I think he's a cunt 

23 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Im picking on the whole team. I think they're all shite at attacking crosses 

I included Lafferty in the op though as I think he's a cunt 

He is that. People seem to forget he had started games this season and been poor. I mind Morelos coming off the bench to put a gloss over a game against livingston? Laff started and was horrendous. I don't even know if he has come back to us a better player or not. 

32 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

If you watch closely enough, when Lafferty jumps for a header he puts his shoulders back then his neck drops 2 inches into his body like a turtle

I noticed that as well. I think he's looking for the foul every time he goes for a header instead of creating a move with a flick on. 

3 minutes ago, left winger said:

@.Williamson. thought you were going to tell us it was a bit choppy on the boat home yesterday.

:lol:

Wasn't over to watch that yesterday.

That is exactly why I don't often get the boat over for games though, I can't be having a boat ruin my weekend plans by deciding not to sail. Twice that has happened in my life and I'm in no hurry to experience it again

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

:lol:

Wasn't over to watch that yesterday.

That is exactly why I don't often get the boat over for games though, I can't be having a boat ruin my weekend plans by deciding not to sail. Twice that has happened in my life and I'm in no hurry to experience it again

It would have been a blessing in disguise yesterday.

49 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Candeais does a ton of good work for us but by fuck he is one of the worst crossers of a ball I’ve ever seen.  

2 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Candeais does a ton of good work for us but by fuck he is one of the worst crossers of a ball I’ve ever seen.  

Out of everything his position calls for, crossing a ball is the most important and he is hopeless at it.