Tavernier

Essandoh

15 hours ago, DBBTB said:

It’s not fuck the manager, it’s the captain pulling rank. Something I’m sure Gerrard and countless other great captains did plenty of times in their careers.

tbf pulling rank doesn't usually mean directly going against the guy higher up than you.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, TMB said:

Gough has worked with the team I believe:

The pair hit it off immediately, with Gough on hand to offer some late advice ahead of Gers’ clash with NK Osijek on Thursday night.

Goldson intends to seek Gough’s counsel in the future, as he immerses himself in the traditions of the club he’s hoping to return to the very top.

Goldson, 25, revealed: “It was really good to chat to Richard Gough. He told me a few things guys like Walter Smith used to say.

“We spoke before the Osijek game, and he told me not to worry if we didn’t score early on, just concentrate on doing my job.

“He said I’d done well so far. I really appreciated hearing it come from someone like him.

“Rangers’ history has been built by guys like Gough, it’s brilliant to have them around.

“It gives guys like us something to aspire to and work towards.

“Everyone is here to win things, and listening to those guys can only inspire us.”

1.PNG

Appreciate the info mate 👍🏻

7 minutes ago, RAFREG said:

Appreciate the info mate 👍🏻

On a related note I actually met Gough years ago on a tour of Ibrox.  He made no secret that he would’ve taken the opportunity to be a coach at Rangers if it was ever offered to him.  This was when McCoist was still in charge.  Sadly, it never happened for the guy but he absolutely loves Rangers as we all know.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Utter pish. Like it's going to turn the weak willed into warriors?

Telling us what we want to hear.

Couldn't intimidate a mouse. An imposter.

Telling us what we want to hear at a time when we had no idea we wanted to hear it because no-one was questioning his character in August 2018.

In fact, he was hailed as a warrior for his performances in those early Euro qualifiers.

TLDR: Goldson is a time traveler.

7 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Sometimes a managers instructions need to be ignored on the park, tav could easily seen the day morelos was having (we all could) so maybe he could have ignored gerrards instructions and took it anyway

But thats neither here nor there, its done now, i just wish we had a more ferocious captain on the park

You say we all could see I take it you are including Gerrard in this and he obviously could see no reason for Buff not to take it 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
5 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

That shot Alnwick saved. Worth a mention again:) 

He was very poor today going forward though, a lot of misplaced passes, struggling to put a decent ball in unless its a deadball situation, its like he's nervous to fuck up, and then fucks up 

Whereas barisic it just flows out of him on that other side, no pass on, fuck it I'll go by the guy, i canny mind the last time tav took a man on

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

He was very poor today going forward though, a lot of misplaced passes, struggling to put a decent ball in unless its a deadball situation, its like he's nervous to fuck up, and then fucks up 

Whereas barisic it just flows out of him on that other side, no pass on, fuck it I'll go by the guy, i canny mind the last time tav took a man on

Yep agreed, but that shot was good:) 
I have a lot of love for Barisic.  He's really come a long way and put the effort in:)  

Archived